• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I know. I'm showing you actual proday results from Gil Brandt who posts them every year. I was surprised to see him listed 5'10" there.

Ek wasn't invited to the combine which is likely where pro reference gets their player measurements. However, even our depth chart has him at 5'10" so, idk. I believe combine and proday measurements.

Believe it,.... or not. He isn't 5'10" to my eyes.
    Someone here last year thought he was 5'7".

I'd like to see Ek standing next to Kyler Murray lol.
    Well I don't know how tall he is since I've never measured him. I'm going by what the sources say and they all say 5'10".
    When was his Pro Day 2018? I was 5'7" as a senior in high school. At 25 years of age I was 5'8". Bad example but people
    do grow past the age of 22.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Well I don't know how tall he is since I've never measured him. I'm going by what the sources say and they all say 5'10".
      When was his Pro Day 2018? I was 5'7" as a senior in high school. At 25 years of age I was 5'8". Bad example but people
      do grow past the age of 22.
      I don't know any but fair enough.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

He’s fucking short. Duh.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

The longer the chargers go without using their cap space the more I think we might sink some cap into him.
          TT is waiting for post-draft to fill remaining depth needs, not to throw remaining cap money at Eke. If they do offer him some money, it will probably tie to a short extension to not impact cap (just guessing here)

All the “guarantee” talk is interesting but irrelevant to Ekeler. Chargers fully intend to pay out his non-guaranteed final year for his services as the contract stipulated. He’s not getting cut and not getting the non-guarantee portion of his contract (which is in fact pretty unique to NFL players - that is true).
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Is he going to score 38 TDs in the next two years and with which team?

Now if he was 24 and had 3 more years on his contract he would be worth more than a 3rd. But then he wouldn't be asking for a trade.

Instead he's 28, plays RB and has 1 year left on his contract. The draft is right around the corner, FA is currently in progress. There are lots
            of options for teams needing a RB. Say you were one, would you give up a 3rd for a guy with a 1 year contract? You could try to sign him,
            but he apparently wants $12M. What do you say?
            He may not be worth a 3rd to a buyer, but i wouldn’t sell him for less than a third given his prodigious statistical accumulation. Hence - no deal

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

He is no CMC. CMC is 5'11 205, Ekeler is only 5'8 200 so no CMC is stronger ( as in bigger and built more to be a #1 RB)

He is a poor mans CMC which is fine. His cap # is 7.75M which seems fair. His #s will go down now the WRs are healthy again and they may add a RB in the draft.
              I wouldn't call Ekeler a poor man's Christian McCaffrey, not by a long shot.... and 5 pounds, given 3 extra inches does not make a stronger football player.

Ek probably breaks more tackles than McCaffrey.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I wouldn't call Ekeler a poor man's Christian McCaffrey, not by a long shot.... and 5 pounds, given 3 extra inches does not make a stronger football player.

Ek probably breaks more tackles than McCaffrey.
                I didnt realize so just looked up that Gibbs is 199. I thought he was more like 179. Hmmm, ok, i’m warming up to the Plan B if Bijan is gone.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I didnt realize so just looked up that Gibbs is 199. I thought he was more like 179. Hmmm, ok, i’m warming up to the Plan B if Bijan is gone.
                  Lots of mocks have Bijan going to us or after us. If that's really the case Gibbs should be available in round 2 (we may have to move up a bit to get him though).
                  On the other hand not sure any of these mocks are worth a damn.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

TT is waiting for post-draft to fill remaining depth needs, not to throw remaining cap money at Eke. If they do offer him some money, it will probably tie to a short extension to not impact cap (just guessing here)

All the “guarantee” talk is interesting but irrelevant to Ekeler. Chargers fully intend to pay out his non-guaranteed final year for his services as the contract stipulated. He’s not getting cut and not getting the non-guarantee portion of his contract (which is in fact pretty unique to NFL players - that is true).
                    Yep...THAT'S where TT shows his true value...dumpster diving for bargain-basement FA leftovers...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Like I've said, if Bijan is gone by #21, which is likely, Gibbs would be a NICE consolation prize...though Roschon in round 2 or 3 would ALSO be very nice...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...THAT'S where TT shows his true value...dumpster diving for bargain-basement FA leftovers...
                        It's where we got KVN, Carter and Callahan..

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Like I've said, if Bijan is gone by #21, which is likely, Gibbs would be a NICE consolation prize...though Roschon in round 2 or 3 would ALSO be very nice...
                          If Bijan is gone by #21 plan B to me is RB Chase Brown in the 4th or 5th round.

Comment

Working...
                          X