• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It seems like every year, the meat of the draft is 25 to 75. Late round 1 teams get gems that drop. Amassing several picks in this range is gold.
    Not that we know the draft board but I am sure there are tiers of players and the further down you go, the tiers get closer. So the Chargers are 21 - what is left. Now iof there is a top 15 player - not QB - I can understand taking. But at 21 if you got a bunch of players in the range from 20 to 30 where they are all pretty close - and you can move back - thats where it makes sense

Telesco has been willing to do the other - -why not try trading back for one more pick in the top 100-120

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am open to other players - just not sure what is left on the market - of course dependin on the draft more than Edge or Safety
      Unless they trade Ekeler and sign Zeke as they didn't get RB

What names are you thinking of?
      I don't really have anyone specific in mind, but I do know I don't want either one of the guys mentioned. Have you seen the videos of JJ in Cleveland? BAD . . . . .

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I doubt he fumbles intentionally but do you honestly think Ekeler pushes his hardest on the last year of a deal that he feels underpaid on? It’s pretty easy for everyone to understand that we will not get the very best of Ekeler because he clearly doesn’t want to go into his last FA hurt.
        Yes I do think he pushes his hardest. There is such a tiny margin between being elite and JAG that if he dialed it down he would not put up nearly the numbers and would not get what he wants in his next contract.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I don't really have anyone specific in mind, but I do know I don't want either one of the guys mentioned. Have you seen the videos of JJ in Cleveland? BAD . . . . .
          Understood. But if the Chargers do not get S in the draft - I would like a better player back there next to James besides Alohi and I have no clue who

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Understood. But if the Chargers do not get S in the draft - I would like a better player back there next to James besides Alohi and I have no clue who
            Maybe Woods develops? But I get your point - we are thin at safety. Alohi is a quality backup and adequate starter, but behind him we just have Woods and Webb - both of these guys are big question marks. (is Webb still on the roster?)

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Not that we know the draft board but I am sure there are tiers of players and the further down you go, the tiers get closer. So the Chargers are 21 - what is left. Now iof there is a top 15 player - not QB - I can understand taking. But at 21 if you got a bunch of players in the range from 20 to 30 where they are all pretty close - and you can move back - thats where it makes sense

Telesco has been willing to do the other - -why not try trading back for one more pick in the top 100-120
              Numerous cheap, developmental players is exactly how to deal with the coming contract dulemmas with Herbert, Bosa/Mack and KA/MW.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yes I do think he pushes his hardest. There is such a tiny margin between being elite and JAG that if he dialed it down he would not put up nearly the numbers and would not get what he wants in his next contract.
                Agree to disagree, it’s well known players who have performed and want the last payday won’t jeopardize it for a few more yards but if you think he risks hurting himself to get those extra few yards on his stats even though he has two elite years already then go on with your bad self.

Snl You Do You GIF by Saturday Night Live

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Numerous cheap, developmental players is exactly how to deal with the coming contract dulemmas with Herbert, Bosa/Mack and KA/MW.
                  And if Herbert signs an extension, the Chargers will be close to 50m over the cap (if you include two draft classes, 2023 and 2024) - so yes, you are exactly right.

I might even be okay trading out of the first round to the top of the second - if you can get the right numbers draft picks. A guy like Mingo or Mims at WR in the second might make more sense than Addison in R1, Musgrave at TE or LaPorta - there could be good solid options that allow players to grow in year 1 and ready in year 2

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Agree to disagree, it’s well known players who have performed and want the last payday won’t jeopardize it for a few more yards but if you think he risks hurting himself to get those extra few yards on his stats even though he has two elite years already then go on with your bad self.

Snl You Do You GIF by Saturday Night Live
                    I think if Ekeler is not traded - and Vegas had odds - he wouldn't show up for training camp

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I think if Ekeler is not traded - and Vegas had odds - he wouldn't show up for training camp
                      We said he wouldn't hold out so I guess we'll see. Again, you can't bet on yourself by holding out and not doing your best.

I can see a trade during the draft, but we'll.wait and see

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

I bet Ekeler is happy about the draft tonight. lol

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                          I bet Ekeler is happy about the draft tonight. lol
                          Vindication! LOL!
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X