Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Only in your own mind, though.... along with Old Smokey:smoking:
    I need further convincing...

I don't buy your "1-win-proves anything". That early loss to Jax was by far our bad "fluke" loss. The playoff loss was pure play-calling snafu... coupled with injuries to MW and MD. Throw in a missed chip-shot FG missed... and you have a recipe for collapse.

I know you don't believe injuries affect games... next-man up... better roster build... [insert favorite cliche here]...
    But the Chiefs got their asses handed to them (31-9) in the SB... even with fanboy favorites Tyreek/Kelce in the game. There was no collapse... just 100% dominant embarrassment.

I didn't see the Chiefs organization/fan-base go into full-blown melt-down and hysteria. They simply traded fan favorite Tyreek (financial decision), re-loaded, and went out and won a SB. There's a road-map... there are lessons to be learned... no amount of freak-out will help. Promoting non-existent tales of super-natural forces beyond our control does not move the needle for most of us.

Better modes of convincing are need, Oh Negative One!
    Are you not happy with the firing of Lombardi...? You spent an un-healthy amount of energy on this topic last season... are you not entertained...?
    You blame a play calling snafu contributing to the loss to Jacksonville on Staley or Lombardi?
    If you hung the snafu on Lombo, chiding the mob for an 'un-healthy' preoccupation with wanting him fired makes no sense.

If you put the blame on Staley's play calling, Staley must be walking a very thin ledge in your eyes.
    Perhaps there is no accountability what-so-ever. Explain!

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Like I said you should just ignore my posts if it bothers you. But the lady doth protest too much. Squash conversation? It’s virtually all you’ve posted about for the past however many pages.
      Great advice... for yourself.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

You blame a play calling snafu contributing to the loss to Jacksonville on Staley or Lombardi?
        If you hung the snafu on Lombo, chiding the mob for an 'un-healthy' preoccupation with wanting him fired makes no sense.

If you put the blame on Staley's play calling, Staley must be walking a very thin ledge in your eyes.
        Perhaps there is no accountability what-so-ever. Explain!
        I place the blame on both coaches. I place the blame on players... pass blockers, run blockers, tacklers and non-tacklers.
        I also recognize that teams have bad games sometimes. I mean, were the Bears really 19 points better than the Patriots this year...? Were the Texans really better than these amazing, un-beatable Jaguars...? I could go on and on and on... It's why they say, "On any given Sunday"...

How is this so hard for people to process...?

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Scientific . . . .right-O
          See what I mean?

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

See what I mean?
            LOL! Actually... no you don't. You put me on ignore, remember...?
            Under/over...?
            This should be an easy one for you... considering the previous hot air you douse the forum with...

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Some interesting stuff in this article.

Joseph-Day likened the situation to a basketball team needing time to adjust to the various playing styles and differing strengths of its individual parts.

He also said he’s convinced the arrival of Kendricks, who spent the first eight seasons of his career with the Minnesota Vikings before signing with the Chargers as a free agent, will help with the defensive communication.

“I think having Eric in there is definitely going to help us get those adjustments faster — less wasted time, less thinking,” Joseph-Day said. “He’ll be able to see that faster and get that communicated to us.

“That will help, honestly, everyone play faster. At the end of the day, you can’t play defense slow. The moment you’re a step behind or you miss something, that’s how you get got.”

Joseph-Day and Tranquill engaged in a heated sideline exchange during a game in December against the Tennessee Titans over a communication problem.

The Chargers didn’t pursue re-signing Tranquill and instead turned to Kendricks, whom coach Brandon Staley has praised for his leadership and production while playing in a similar scheme with the Vikings.

With a Chargers season under his belt, defensive tackle Sebastian Joseph-Day says the chemistry in Year 2 of this revamped defense will prove powerful.

Comment

• Belkster
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Joseph-Day likened the situation to a basketball team needing time to adjust to the various playing styles and differing strengths of its individual parts.

He also said he’s convinced the arrival of Kendricks, who spent the first eight seasons of his career with the Minnesota Vikings before signing with the Chargers as a free agent, will help with the defensive communication.

“I think having Eric in there is definitely going to help us get those adjustments faster — less wasted time, less thinking,” Joseph-Day said. “He’ll be able to see that faster and get that communicated to us.

“That will help, honestly, everyone play faster. At the end of the day, you can’t play defense slow. The moment you’re a step behind or you miss something, that’s how you get got.”

Joseph-Day and Tranquill engaged in a heated sideline exchange during a game in December against the Tennessee Titans over a communication problem.

The Chargers didn’t pursue re-signing Tranquill and instead turned to Kendricks, whom coach Brandon Staley has praised for his leadership and production while playing in a similar scheme with the Vikings or SlotEire.

Kendricks is motivated to play. Eight seasons with the Vikings - he's bored, I think. He's been a free agent now and misses the game. He's going to play well! At least he will try.
                Last edited by Belkster; 05-25-2023, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

The Chargers didn’t pursue re-signing Tranquill and instead turned to Kendricks, whom coach Brandon Staley has praised for his leadership and production while playing in a similar scheme with the Vikings.

Joseph-Day was clearly not a Tranquill fan. Since the team let him go, I'm guessing the rest of the organization felt the same way.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Belkster View Post

Kendricks is motivated to play. Eight seasons with the Vikings - he's bored, I think. He's been a free agent now and misses the game. He's going to play well! At least he will try.
                    Kendricks is a high quality veteran leader at ILB. He's the field general that we have been missing. We also upgraded at ILB coach with Jeff Howard, drafted Daiyan Henley. There should be marked improvement at run D. That's the target.
                    Injured DL wasn't the only problem.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Joseph-Day was clearly not a Tranquill fan. Since the team let him go, I'm guessing the rest of the organization felt the same way.
                      Tranquill played fast, was a good athlete but the green dot was not a strength. Apparently those ILBs are hard to come by.

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Kendricks is a high quality veteran leader at ILB. He's the field general that we have been missing. We also upgraded at ILB coach with Jeff Howard, drafted Daiyan Henley. There should be marked improvement at run D. That's the target.
                        Injured DL wasn't the only problem.
                        At 31 years of age, a field general or mentor is about all I can expect, not that that’s necessarily a bad thing. Kahil Mack has done OK in a similar role.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          BetterToday ThanYesterday
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Seems like other teams also not fans. He got a crummy deal to be a back up in KC. I liked him. But hey what do I know?
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X