• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Maybe these posts should be moved to the Herbert thread?
    maybe mods should just shit-can eject them into etherspace, launch them into orbit in a capsule filled with laughing gas.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

maybe mods should just shit-can eject them into etherspace, launch them into orbit in a capsule filled with laughing gas.
      I could do either. I will probably move them to the Herbert thread, just tough to do it on a tablet. I posted more so I would remember to do it.

Edit... Done. Back to Kendricks. Tranquil is gone, out of sight, out of mind, and maybe Kendricks is the short term veteran transition while Henley picks up the pro game.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I could do either. I will probably move them to the Herbert thread, just tough to do it on a tablet. I posted more so I would remember to do it.

Edit... Done. Back to Kendricks. Tranquil is gone, out of sight, out of mind, and maybe Kendricks is the short term veteran transition while Henley picks up the pro game.
        I think folks sell Kendricks short based on prior failed attempts by the Chargers to bring in even older formerly good LBs. He's not over the hill. He had 137 tackles last year, thats his second best total in his career. I think he's got a couple years at least in the tank and will be a solid professional improvement from the slapstick comedy troupe that has played ILB for us lately.

Henley may be long term EK replacement but more immediately he's the short-term K9 replacement if that curious cat doesn't find his groove and soon. Nobody wants to talk about K9's physical potential for another full season.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I think folks sell Kendricks short based on prior failed attempts by the Chargers to bring in even older formerly good LBs. He's not over the hill. He had 137 tackles last year, thats his second best total in his career. I think he's got a couple years at least in the tank and will be a solid professional improvement from the slapstick comedy troupe that has played ILB for us lately.

Henley may be long term EK replacement but more immediately he's the short-term K9 replacement if that curious cat doesn't find his groove and soon. Nobody wants to talk about K9's physical potential for another full season.
          Kendricks is a better tackler but his greatest impact will be as the green dot front seven leader. Several F7 positions are upgraded with returning healthy vets, a new vet, draft picks, etc but Kendricks is an all pro level leader.
          Run D and pass rush IS improved. We were a top 10 pass D last year and should be a complete D in '23.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Kendricks is a better tackler but his greatest impact will be as the green dot front seven leader. Several F7 positions are upgraded with returning healthy vets, a new vet, draft picks, etc but Kendricks is an all pro level leader.
            Run D and pass rush IS improved. We were a top 10 pass D last year and should be a complete D in '23.
            Tranquil led Chargers in tackles, 156 and had 5 sacks (tied for 3rd on the team with Van Noy). Kendricks had 137 tackles and one sack. He is older and more expensive than Dru who now laces it up for Divisional for Kansas City. Last year they kicked Kyzir White to the curb. All the while the Murray experiment continues?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Tranquil led Chargers in tackles, 156 and had 5 sacks (tied for 3rd on the team with Van Noy). Kendricks had 137 tackles and one sack. He is older and more expensive than Dru who now laces it up for Divisional for Kansas City. Last year they kicked Kyzir White to the curb. All the while the Murray experiment continues?
              Gotta look inside the stats to WHERE and HOW they both were tackling people. No comment on the Murray experiment, I’d have kept Dru vs K9 if that was the option but the real option on the table was K9 still on his guaranteed rookie deal vs Dru seeking his second bigger contract.

Dru didnt get a bigger contract, he got almost nothing, a prove-it deal. He was not worth on the open market what he thought he was. Life goes on …

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

He deserted the Chargers for the opportunity to get a ring. He pretty much said so. So much so that he was willing to be a spot player for them. Good riddance.
                I think it’s the other way around. The Chargers deserted him for Kendricks.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Gotta look inside the stats to WHERE and HOW they both were tackling people. No comment on the Murray experiment, I’d have kept Dru vs K9 if that was the option but the real option on the table was K9 still on his guaranteed rookie deal vs Dru seeking his second bigger contract.

Dru didnt get a bigger contract, he got almost nothing, a prove-it deal. He was not worth on the open market what he thought he was. Life goes on …
                  Yup. 6 yards down the field leads to 5.4 ypc rush defense. Gotta read/react better in the run game if you don't want to be replaced by Kendricks.
                  Kendricks read/react and play your assignment abilities have always been better than Tranquill's. SJD wasn't very happy with Drue's late-to-the-party green-dot abilities.

Drue signed a 1-year, $3 million contract. Eric got a 2-year, $13 million contract. The professionals seem to agree... Kendricks > Tranquill. We should be happy about this.

All last year, we griped about the terrible run defense and awful play-calling. We've addressed both concerns.
                  Oh, and we wanted more play-makers for Herbert...
                  With relatively good health... we should make a deep run into the playoffs... maybe even a Super Bowl.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

We now have a superior green dot Mike LB. We didn't with Drue.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                      We now have a superior green dot Mike LB. We didn't with Drue.
                      proof will be earned. what y'all are missing, apparently management as well. Is that Drue bolsters KC already superior linebacker group with valuable depth. Mark of a true championship organization, as opposed to thinking Chargers now have a realistic Super Bowl shot, please. A divisional rival improves as direct result of own division rival error stinks to high hell, there are consequences to this head scratching moves, while ignoring the elephant in the room that is Murray who is holding this team's defense hostage going on three years. Yeah, let me know how that works out, would love to be wrong!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

proof will be earned. what y'all are missing, apparently management as well. Is that Drue bolsters KC already superior linebacker group with valuable depth. Mark of a true championship organization, as opposed to thinking Chargers now have a realistic Super Bowl shot, please. A divisional rival improves as direct result of own division rival error stinks to high hell, there are consequences to this head scratching moves, while ignoring the elephant in the room that is Murray who is holding this team's defense hostage going on three years. Yeah, let me know how that works out, would love to be wrong!
                        If Bolden gets hurt and Drue needs to fill in, I'll look forward to seeing that.
                        As for Kendricks, I like the signing but he is just an upgrade to Drue, he isn't going to give us Ray Lewis type play. But hopefully he is a nice step up from Drue. Should be more stout against the run and be more consistent and make plays closer to the LOS.

Murray is a weak link for sure. Even if he plays better this year, id let him walk. Hopefully Henley gets more comfortable as the season goes on and can over take Murray if he hasnt improved.
                        Either way I think the LB corps is better off.
                        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If Bolden gets hurt and Drue needs to fill in, I'll look forward to seeing that.
                          As for Kendricks, I like the signing but he is just an upgrade to Drue, he isn't going to give us Ray Lewis type play. But hopefully he is a nice step up from Drue. Should be more stout against the run and be more consistent and make plays closer to the LOS.

Murray is a weak link for sure. Even if he plays better this year, id let him walk. Hopefully Henley gets more comfortable as the season goes on and can over take Murray if he hasnt improved.
                          Either way I think the LB corps is better off.
                          Just wondering, looking at your 2023 Charger Mock if you prefer your projected draft over actual?

Comment

Working...
                          X