• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Just wondering, looking at your 2023 Charger Mock if you prefer your projected draft over actual?
    Ha well I'd have to remember who all I had on it.
    But Mingo who I had on it didn't make it to our pick in the 2nd round so obviously we wouldn't of got him.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-12-2023, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

proof will be earned. what y'all are missing, apparently management as well. Is that Drue bolsters KC already superior linebacker group with valuable depth. Mark of a true championship organization, as opposed to thinking Chargers now have a realistic Super Bowl shot, please. A divisional rival improves as direct result of own division rival error stinks to high hell, there are consequences to this head scratching moves, while ignoring the elephant in the room that is Murray who is holding this team's defense hostage going on three years. Yeah, let me know how that works out, would love to be wrong!
      We aren't missing anything. Drue Tranquill is a terrible run defender. We upgraded with Kendricks. He's better than Drue at all aspects of the game... especially the mental aspect. The only thing you got right was that Murray sucks... and that's why we drafted Henley.

Get rid of the shit that doesn't work. That's why Lombardi and Tranquill are gone... that's why the LB coach is gone. If Murray doesn't work out... yank him. Don't think Staley won't. If he yanked JCJ... he'll yank Murray.

And before we hand the Chiefs this year's AFC West banner... let's remember that we out-played them (even with Keenan out and no Linsley in the 2nd half) in Week 2. Then we went toe-to-toe with them with no Mike Williams, Joey Bosa, JCJ... and others... in Week 10.

Once we beat the Chiefs next season... I'll tell you how it's working out.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Just wondering, looking at your 2023 Charger Mock if you prefer your projected draft over actual?
        How did you like the overall draft? Did you like the drafting Daiyan Henley...?
        I did. I think finding a replacement for Murray was important.

Drafting Quentin Johnson was a very good idea, IMO.
        In my mock drafts, I usually chose a WR in the 3rd... thinking they were pretty strong @WR.
        The problem with that... I never got the LB (often Henley) until later. In retrospect, getting WR in the 1st (and LB in the 3rd) was brilliant. The WR corps (under Moore) will be nearly un-stoppable. This is a passing league. TT>Boltnut

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ha well I'd have to remember who all I had on it.
          But Mingo who I had on it didn't make it to our pick in the 2nd round so obviously we wouldn't of got him.
          Referring to your sig…. I’m not saying one way or the other.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If Bolden gets hurt and Drue needs to fill in, I'll look forward to seeing that.
            As for Kendricks, I like the signing but he is just an upgrade to Drue, he isn't going to give us Ray Lewis type play. But hopefully he is a nice step up from Drue. Should be more stout against the run and be more consistent and make plays closer to the LOS.

Murray is a weak link for sure. Even if he plays better this year, id let him walk. Hopefully Henley gets more comfortable as the season goes on and can over take Murray if he hasnt improved.
            Either way I think the LB corps is better off.
            Why decide to let Murray walk before seeing him play for the year? Kendricks is a short term solution, Henley is only one guy even if he’s great, and I did like him pre-draft as the best of the 2nd tier alternatives. I’m not betting on Murray (either), I’ll just reserve my vote until I see the movie.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

We aren't missing anything. Drue Tranquill is a terrible run defender. We upgraded with Kendricks. He's better than Drue at all aspects of the game... especially the mental aspect. The only thing you got right was that Murray sucks... and that's why we drafted Henley.

Get rid of the shit that doesn't work. That's why Lombardi and Tranquill are gone... that's why the LB coach is gone. If Murray doesn't work out... yank him. Don't think Staley won't. If he yanked JCJ... he'll yank Murray.

And before we hand the Chiefs this year's AFC West banner... let's remember that we out-played them (even with Keenan out and no Linsley in the 2nd half) in Week 2. Then we went toe-to-toe with them with no Mike Williams, Joey Bosa, JCJ... and others... in Week 10.

Once we beat the Chiefs next season... I'll tell you how it's working out.
              Fuck yeah, brahmeister! You’re getting me fired up! Lace ‘em up and nut it out!
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
              X