• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Seems like other teams also not fans. He got a crummy deal to be a back up in KC. I liked him. But hey what do I know?
    I liked the post last week listing Tranquil among former Charger players that have gone on to have solid impacts for other teams
    Tranquil played better than K9, is all I would say about last year. His tackle stats would be less impressive if adjusted for yards downfield at point of tackle. Some of those were cleaning up plays K9 should have made, but alot were not. He would benefit from having a BETTER ILB next to him, i think.

Some here expect Hendricks to role in as a washed up over the hill former good player. I think they will be proven dead wrong. can't wait to find out
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Some here expect Hendricks to role in as a washed up over the hill former good player. I think they will be proven dead wrong. can't wait to find out
      Agree on Tranquil...nice player but not super high impact. But the way the football gods hate us, I'm sure he'll have a big year in KC.

I don't think Hendricks will add much. We seem to like aging LBs, a la Takeo Spikes and Thomas Davis.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Kendricks is a high quality veteran leader at ILB. He's the field general that we have been missing. We also upgraded at ILB coach with Jeff Howard, drafted Daiyan Henley. There should be marked improvement at run D. That's the target.
        Injured DL wasn't the only problem.
        I can't wait to see that !

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Agree on Tranquil...nice player but not super high impact. But the way the football gods hate us, I'm sure he'll have a big year in KC.
          He deserted the Chargers for the opportunity to get a ring. He pretty much said so. So much so that he was willing to be a spot player for them. Good riddance.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

He deserted the Chargers for the opportunity to get a ring. He pretty much said so. So much so that he was willing to be a spot player for them. Good riddance.
            Can't really blame him for wanting a ring . . . . . . . . there's no doubt his chances are better in KC than in LA . . . .

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Honestly, losing Tranquill is really not that big of a deal. He did have the occasional well timed blitz but is way too much of a finesse player for his position and doing his best Downfield Donnie stat padding didn't really help the team that much.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Can't really blame him for wanting a ring . . . . . . . . there's no doubt his chances are better in KC than in LA . . . .
                Considering he was a player that helped us NOT to get a ring, weirdly ironic.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Considering he was a player that helped us NOT to get a ring, weirdly ironic.
                  KC won't win again in 2023, he guessed wrong.

Year of the Flip

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I don't think Hendricks will add much. We seem to like aging LBs, a la Takeo Spikes and Thomas Davis.
                    Spikes 35-36 years old. Davis may have been older than that. Kendricks much younger in football years.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

If you guys could close the circle on how Herbert's awesome uniforms relate to Kendricks .... that'd be great. thx.

speaking of awesome college uni - I thought he went to Oregon?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Way off topic.

Admin: Moved the Herbert thread hijack to the Herbert thread.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          Way off topic.
                          Maybe these posts should be moved to the Herbert thread?

Comment

Working...
                          X