• Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
    what kind of logic is this? so experience now = better?
    He probably could have avoided that line and just stuck with the "should be the nickel cornerback." Anyone that has seen the Chargers enough knows Wright can potentially be our best CB barring injury. If anything he will injure all the opposing WR's before the games end.

Comment

• maurile
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Experience is like speed or tackling ability or durability, etc. By itself, it doesn't automatically make you a better player than someone who has less of it -- but it's a point in your favor.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Wright has yet to show anything as a full time CB. He might be great in practice and preseason but has shown very little when matters.

Marshall has played well in the past.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

This is a great signing, we all know that we needed some more CB depth.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

For us, I think it is a huge impreovement. We just have really sucked on 3rd downs the last few years. Adding Marshall gives us a 3rd CB who could probably start for most teams outside, and he should be an even better nickle guy, where his lack of elite athletic ability and elite speed (he is good in both ares, just not elite) shouldn't matter as much. But adding that 3rd CB in the AFC West is a really key thing since KC will probably play a lot of 3 WR, Denver certainly will, and Oakland will probably be behind a lot, so they probably will. It just lets us matchup well.

But if we want to compensate for a lack of great offensive firepower, picking up the slack on 3rd downs is key, as is having depth at CB.

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              For us, I think it is a huge impreovement. We just have really sucked on 3rd downs the last few years. Adding Marshall gives us a 3rd CB who could probably start for most teams outside, and he should be an even better nickle guy, where his lack of elite athletic ability and elite speed (he is good in both ares, just not elite) shouldn't matter as much. But adding that 3rd CB in the AFC West is a really key thing since KC will probably play a lot of 3 WR, Denver certainly will, and Oakland will probably be behind a lot, so they probably will. It just lets us matchup well.

But if we want to compensate for a lack of great offensive firepower, picking up the slack on 3rd downs is key, as is having depth at CB.
              Pretty much. The biggest hole on the team has been nickel. I was really liking what Stevie Williams had shown, but he's gone. I am not a fan of Patrick and was dreading seeing him consistently play in nickel formations. Marshall is a solid addition.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I think patrick will be solid. he impressed me at the practices I went to. wasn't expecting anything from him but he played floyd pretty tough on a throw in in the end zone.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                  Pretty much. The biggest hole on the team has been nickel. I was really liking what Stevie Williams had shown, but he's gone. I am not a fan of Patrick and was dreading seeing him consistently play in nickel formations. Marshall is a solid addition.
                  Patrick was horrendous last year. Expecting him to do anything is desperation. Maybe he turns it around and stops being the moron he is. But I wouldn't bet on it
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    Patrick was horrendous last year. Expecting him to do anything is desperation. Maybe he turns it around and stops being the moron he is. But I wouldn't bet on it
                    he was playing man in new orleans. he's strictly a zone corner. i think part of the reason he's been playing well is because he's in a system that better fits his abilities. I also read somewhere that getting cut lit a fire under his ass.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The Chargers now also have some decent insurance. Both Cox and Wright have had trouble staying healthy.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                        he was playing man in new orleans. he's strictly a zone corner. i think part of the reason he's been playing well is because he's in a system that better fits his abilities. I also read somewhere that getting cut lit a fire under his ass.
                        Huh? Man, if he was bad last year that means he'll always be bad. No hope. We'll neverrrrrr mmmmmaaaaaake itttttttt.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          The Chargers now also have some decent insurance. Both Cox and Wright have had trouble staying healthy.

TG
                          He's better than what they had on the roster. Decent is debatable. You have Patrick who was released by the worst secondary in 2012. And Marshall that was released by a piss poor Phins secondary last week.
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X