Welcome DL Tuli Tuipulotu, USC (Round 2 #54)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Damn thats pretty deep. Philly's D-line depth would be really nice to have.
    Yeah. And over in Seattle, they're wishing they had Patrick Mahomes instead of Geno Smith.

We're talking about the wish fairy, right?!? lol

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
      (1) If Jaimes hasn't figured some things out better by *now*...

(2) Isn't 2023 the final year of his rookie contract? What, the club would consider paying him MORE in the future?!? <bahahahahaahha!>

(3) Hard to imagine Jaimes outplaying McFadden, and I definitely don't want to see McFadden cut, just so the team can hang onto Jaimes!
      Unless they carry 9, Jaimes is odd man out. Good news is he won’t get poached off the practice squad, if we do have a run of injuries
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Unless they carry 9, Jaimes is odd man out. Good news is he won’t get poached off the practice squad, if we do have a run of injuries
        Yep...thought Jaimes would have been coached up more by now...guess not...and Clapp isn't much better...need UPGRADES, people, UPGRADES!!!

Comment

• rikardo
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I don't think so, so I asked ChatGPT
          ----------------------
          Q: did Tuli tuipolotu sign a contract with the chargers yet?

ChatGPT
          I'm sorry, but as an AI language model, I don't have access to real-time information or the ability to browse the internet. My training only goes up until September 2021, and I am not aware of any recent developments or contract signings that have occurred since then. To find the most up-to-date information on Tuli Tuipulotu's contract status with the Chargers, I recommend checking reliable sports news sources or the official announcements from the Los Angeles Chargers organization.

Q: then how did you know how to correct my mispelling of his name?

ChatGPT
          As an AI language model, I have been trained on a vast amount of text data, including sports-related information. This training allows me to have knowledge about various players, teams, and events. In this case, I recognized that there was a misspelling in the name "Tuli Tuipolotu" and provided the corrected version based on the information I learned during training. However, please note that my response was not based on any specific or recent contract signing information, as I mentioned earlier.
          Hahahahaha
          Good one

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
            (1) If Jaimes hasn't figured some things out better by *now*...

(2) Isn't 2023 the final year of his rookie contract? What, the club would consider paying him MORE in the future?!? <bahahahahaahha!>

(3) Hard to imagine Jaimes outplaying McFadden, and I definitely don't want to see McFadden cut, just so the team can hang onto Jaimes!
            Jaimes is going into year 3 of his 4 year deal, he was drafted in 2021 along with Slater, Samuel, palmer, kckitty, rumph, nieman, rountree, and webb...all of those guys are under contract until thru the end of the 2024 season unless they get cut, traded, or extended before then, Slater will have his option picked up, and I believe they will extend Samuel and palmer for sure, the rest I'm not certain any will be extended unless mckitty shows up here in the next couple of years...jaimes will be cut this summer for sure...
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Jaimes is going into year 3 of his 4 year deal, he was drafted in 2021 along with Slater, Samuel, palmer, kckitty, rumph, nieman, rountree, and webb...all of those guys are under contract until thru the end of the 2024 season unless they get cut, traded, or extended before then, Slater will have his option picked up, and I believe they will extend Samuel and palmer for sure, the rest I'm not certain any will be extended unless mckitty shows up here in the next couple of years...jaimes will be cut this summer for sure...
              McCat is very lucky they didn’t draft one of the TEs we all wanted here. He is far from worthy of a second meaningful contract as of our last sightings, we’ll see if he can climb another full set of stairs in progress this year. Neiman is a meh but at a position with negligible depth, another guy probably safe this year but unlikely to get a second deal. Jaimes is the biggest downside surprise of that draft - a lot of folks here thought he was a solid depth pick but he’s failed so far. And he didn’t go to Duke’s camp, tsk tsk, not seeing the heart.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

McCat is very lucky they didn’t draft one of the TEs we all wanted here. He is far from worthy of a second meaningful contract as of our last sightings, we’ll see if he can climb another full set of stairs in progress this year. Neiman is a meh but at a position with negligible depth, another guy probably safe this year but unlikely to get a second deal. Jaimes is the biggest downside surprise of that draft - a lot of folks here thought he was a solid depth pick but he’s failed so far. And he didnt go to Dukes camp, tsk tsk, not seeing the heart.
                Yep...meanwhile, Salyer went to Duke's camp and already got a ton of snaps, though it was at T...wonder if McFadden is signed up with Duke...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...meanwhile, Salyer went to Duke's camp and already got a ton of snaps, though it was at T...wonder if McFadden is signed up with Duke...
                  he is part of that universe so you don't need to wonder, he even got an endorsement from duke on twitter when the chargers drafted him...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

McCat is very lucky they didn’t draft one of the TEs we all wanted here. He is far from worthy of a second meaningful contract as of our last sightings, we’ll see if he can climb another full set of stairs in progress this year. Neiman is a meh but at a position with negligible depth, another guy probably safe this year but unlikely to get a second deal. Jaimes is the biggest downside surprise of that draft - a lot of folks here thought he was a solid depth pick but he’s failed so far. And he didn’t go to Duke’s camp, tsk tsk, not seeing the heart.
                    Didn’t draft one, but signed a very intriguing UDFA TE…will be an interesting TC at that position.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Didn’t draft one, but signed a very intriguing UDFA TE…will be an interesting TC at that position.
                      I am intrigued by Ezeike too. look forward to see if that rock can be polished into a gem.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

I am intrigued by Ezeike too. look forward to see if that rock can be polished into a gem.
                        He's not Gates - he's definitely a project . . . . . . but if we don't bring in more at the TE position than we have now he's got a chance to stick on the PS.

Am I right in remembering that we didn't put Gates on the PS? That he would have been poached in a heartbeat (and rightly so)?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

He's not Gates - he's definitely a project . . . . . . but if we don't bring in more at the TE position than we have now he's got a chance to stick on the PS.

Am I right in remembering that we didn't put Gates on the PS? That he would have been poached in a heartbeat (and rightly so)?
                          No AG was on the roster yr1, but he didn’t do very much his first year either, 24 rec, ~380 yds, he was a mini-project. Year 2 he became a star and never looked back.

Comment

Working...
                          X