Welcome DL Tuli Tuipulotu, USC (Round 2 #54)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    The crazy part about both Q and Tuli is that they are both set up nicely to learn the craft first-hand by 2 pros.
    KA/Mike and Mack/Bosa respectively.

If Q and Tuli are as studious and focused as they seem, they're in prime position to up theirs games to an elite level.

Bosa still using the spin move he learned from Ingram
    who in turn learned from the great (and briefly a Charger) DwightFeeney.
    who in turn learned it from Patrick Swayze (legend has it).

Edit: RIP PS.
    Chris Farley Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Mack used to weigh less, i think. He’s big enough for edge, he’s got power. Hey - didn’t this forum gripe loudly that we didnt draft a 236 lb edge (ahem).

He may be too light to slide inside but he’s got a lot of want-it in him and might surprise on pass downs
      Morgan Fox plays inside at 265, he’s listed at 275 or something in the 270s but he was interviewed saying that his weight gets lower during the season and he ends up playing at around 265…I’m not advocating for TnT to play inside or anything of the sort, but even if they do it on third downs he should be fine at 266 to go inside, joey is not much heavier than that and he plays inside on ocasion too…

totally unrelated but why didn’t TnT get his college #49 for his jersey? It’s not like the chargers are retiring it and tranquil is gone…it would’ve been nice if he got the continuation from college but now he’s going to wear #45…

I’m still struggling with the new numbering rules, I grew up watching football after they standardized the number system, when I see the #45 I automatically think fullback or safety…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Morgan Fox plays inside at 265, he’s listed at 275 or something in the 270s but he was interviewed saying that his weight gets lower during the season and he ends up playing at around 265…I’m not advocating for TnT to play inside or anything of the sort, but even if they do it on third downs he should be fine at 266 to go inside, joey is not much heavier than that and he plays inside on ocasion too…

totally unrelated but why didn’t TnT get his college #49 for his jersey? It’s not like the chargers are retiring it and tranquil is gone…it would’ve been nice if he got the continuation from college but now he’s going to wear #45…

I’m still struggling with the new numbering rules, I grew up watching football after they standardized the number system, when I see the #45 I automatically think fullback or safety…
        Maybe he wanted 45? Beats me.

I agree, any of the three of them could slide into an inside spot on pass downs. I could see Joey Tuli Khalil and Morgan all on the field in 3rd/long situations. The dogs can pin em back and GO!

I’m old school and don’t like the new any number any position shit either. LBs should start with a 5, damnit! help an old guy watching the game out over here!

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Chris Farley Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
          That was one of the stand-out best SNL skits in the show's storied history, IMO. I became a big fan of Chris Farley as a result of this skit. His courage and his comedy made a deep impression on me. We lost both Swayze and Farley far too soon. Hard to believe they're both gone.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
            Weaknesses. "Advanced rusher who's a good, not great athlete. Weird body type with short arms. Hurts him at the point of attack." Should have stayed his senior year in college.
            Could say same about a lot of guys coming out, but works in Chargers favor compared to waiting for next year or Ohio State DE J.T. Tuimoloau 6’4 1/2” 277 also 20 years old. Both could cost firsts?

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

I could see Joey Tuli Khalil and Morgan all on the field in 3rd/long situations. The dogs can pin em back and GO!

https://theathletic.com/4069648/2023...rgers-defense/

Now that the Chargers have Moore, Staley can can proceed to keep tweaking our defense. He has a system in place which hopefully takes advantage of system players he's collected thus far. Injuries up front hurt our defense big time. We were really thin up front.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I could see Joey Tuli Khalil and Morgan all on the field in 3rd/long situations. The dogs can pin em back and GO!

https://theathletic.com/4069648/2023...rgers-defense/

Now that the Chargers have Moore, Staley can can proceed to keep tweaking our defense. He has a system in place which hopefully takes advantage of system players he's collected thus far. Injuries up front hurt our defense big time. We were really thin up front.
                Bash was the only starter we had left. Austin Johnson, Tito, IR, Tillery cut. Morgan Fox was a nice FA add.
                Right now I count 8 DL, 9 OLB/ Edge that should be in August training camp.

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Bash was the only starter we had left. Austin Johnson, Tito, IR, Tillery cut. Morgan Fox was a nice FA add.
                  Right now I count 8 DL, 9 OLB/ Edge that should be in August training camp.
                  Damn thats pretty deep. Philly's D-line depth would be really nice to have.

Comment

• rikardo
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Has he sign yet?
                    I heard he is the only Charger pick not signed yet...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post
                      Has he sign yet?
                      I heard he is the only Charger pick not signed yet...
                      I don't think so, so I asked ChatGPT
                      ----------------------
                      Q: did Tuli tuipolotu sign a contract with the chargers yet?

ChatGPT
                      I'm sorry, but as an AI language model, I don't have access to real-time information or the ability to browse the internet. My training only goes up until September 2021, and I am not aware of any recent developments or contract signings that have occurred since then. To find the most up-to-date information on Tuli Tuipulotu's contract status with the Chargers, I recommend checking reliable sports news sources or the official announcements from the Los Angeles Chargers organization.

Q: then how did you know how to correct my mispelling of his name?

ChatGPT
                      As an AI language model, I have been trained on a vast amount of text data, including sports-related information. This training allows me to have knowledge about various players, teams, and events. In this case, I recognized that there was a misspelling in the name "Tuli Tuipolotu" and provided the corrected version based on the information I learned during training. However, please note that my response was not based on any specific or recent contract signing information, as I mentioned earlier.

Comment

• jox g
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Unless he pulls some kind of miracle this offseason, I can’t imagine him making the roster this year

slater—johnson—lindsley—salyer—pipkins….the swing tackle will be sarrell, clapp will be the backup center again with guard flex, mcfadden will be the primary backup guard with tackle flex…thats 8 guys but doesn’t staley normally carry 9 OL guys on the 53 man? Maybe they carry jaimes again but I honestly don’t see the point…if they do carry a 9th guy I’m thinking one of the guys on IR last year, maybe bailey, or one of the UDFAs that they just signed?

or maybe they just carry jaimes another year even though he won’t play—even when needed, LOL…let’s see how he comes into camp this year…
                        Christian OKOYE baby!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

(1) If Jaimes hasn't figured some things out better by *now*...

(2) Isn't 2023 the final year of his rookie contract? What, the club would consider paying him MORE in the future?!? <bahahahahaahha!>

(3) Hard to imagine Jaimes outplaying McFadden, and I definitely don't want to see McFadden cut, just so the team can hang onto Jaimes!

Comment

Working...
                          X