Welcome DL Tuli Tuipulotu, USC (Round 2 #54)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

How does he compare to Nwosu when Nwosu was coming out?
    Nwosu was a leader in tipped passes and pressures. Tuli is a sack leader.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
      Finally...Did somebody in management finally realize we can't go into the season without our second rounder...flabbergasted it took this long...
      you guys look ridiculous

image.png
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

you guys look ridiculous

image.png
        I'm flabbergasted by the rest of the league as well...the second round round signing rebellion is on...

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

I'm flabbergasted by the rest of the league as well...the second round round signing rebellion is on...

lol, you got me. if you're flabbergasted at the entire league (or half the league), than that is perfectly fair. I retract my gif.

The second uprising has begun ... the purge starts at dawn. lock your doors!
          Jason Blum Explosion GIF by The Forever Purge

Comment

• Scott Green
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Finally...Did somebody in management finally realize we can't go into the season without our second rounder...flabbergasted it took this long...
            His agent had a lot of legal problems. Like can you legally be an agent problems. He couldn't sign anyone until resolved.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Scott Green View Post

His agent had a lot of legal problems. Like can you legally be an agent problems. He couldn't sign anyone until resolved.
              Still...they shouldn't scare us like that...I guess there are limits on what they can or cannot disclose at the time... We're still in shell shock from the Joey Bosa contract signing problems. I'm glad there were no such issues this time around.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Still...they shouldn't scare us like that...I guess there are limits on what they can or cannot disclose at the time... We're still in shell shock from the Joey Bosa contract signing problems. I'm glad there were no such issues this time around.

Seriously? Is any part of that serious? Bro …

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Seriously? Is any part of that serious? Bro …
                  Not following you...why the hell should I have to continue reading between your lines. Your not the genius you think you are. please stop before you dig yourself deeper.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

I'm not really sold on this pick. I have some concerns about Tuipulotu's ability to play in the NFL.

He's a tweener - too light to play IDL too slow to play from the edge.

He only had one good season at USC, last year.

He's slow. I don't know where he was timed in the 40, but I've seen his 40 time listed at 4.86 and 4.97.

There were some questions about his athleticism, but he refused to work out at the Combine or at his pro day. His excuse for not working out was a hamstring injury, but I can't find anything else about the injury or how and when he suffered it. Interestingly, in 2021, his older brother, Marlon, only did a limited workout at his USC pro day, citing a hamstring injury. (There wasn't a Combine in 2021 due to the pandemic.)

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I don’t know much about Tuli, as I don’t watch a lot of USC games, but what I read about him sounds a lot like Terrell Suggs, including the negatives, coming out of college. Hoping he follows that blue print

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        I'm not really sold on this pick. I have some concerns about Tuipulotu's ability to play in the NFL.

He's a tweener - too light to play IDL too slow to play from the edge.

He only had one good season at USC, last year.

He's slow. I don't know where he was timed in the 40, but I've seen his 40 time listed at 4.86 and 4.97.

There were some questions about his athleticism, but he refused to work out at the Combine or at his pro day. His excuse for not working out was a hamstring injury, but I can't find anything else about the injury or how and when he suffered it. Interestingly, in 2021, his older brother, Marlon, only did a limited workout at his USC pro day, citing a hamstring injury. (There wasn't a Combine in 2021 due to the pandemic.)
                        That's an opinion. Optimal 40 , height, weight or the lack thereof guarantee nothing. Same as being the top college sack leader.
                        He just has to get out there and play. I always worry about the new kids.
                        He's in a good spot with coaches Rodgers, Smith and vets Bosa, Mack, Fox.
                        Looking forward to seeing him in training camp.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          I don’t know much about Tuli, as I don’t watch a lot of USC games, but what I read about him sounds a lot like Terrell Suggs, including the negatives, coming out of college. Hoping he follows that blue print
                          Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                          That's an opinion. Optimal 40 , height, weight or the lack thereof guarantee nothing. Same as being the top college sack leader.
                          He just has to get out there and play. I always worry about the new kids.
                          He's in a good spot with coaches Rodgers, Smith and vets Bosa, Mack, Fox.
                          Looking forward to seeing him in training camp.
                          I hope you are right and my concerns are unfounded. Yep, same height, weight and speed as Suggs. If he can be half the player Suggs was it's a win for the Chargers. Here are some Suggs highlights for an appetizer.

Comment

Working...
                          X