Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Jerrod Clark might be the most interesting UDFA the Chargers signed.

Built like a brick shithouse! Lining up against him would be like lining up against a forklift.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I had zero expectation that Clark would sign with the Chargers.
      Maybe Tito might not play this year.
      I'd rather they didn't rush Otito back...Clark is good insurance to have...staley has never carried more than 6 IOL and frustratingly carried as few as 4 guys at times last season as the injuries piled up...

SJD, Fox, Hinton, Matlock, Moa, and Clark might be the group that they start the season with as they wait for Johnson and Otito to get healthy...not rushing Johnson and Otito could pay dividends as they can come back healthier and when the inevitable injuries hit the D-line room again...

I'm still a bit miffed that Fehoko wasn't brought back...I would feel better about our depth right now but I'm sure they had a good reason for no resigning him...for a guy that was just around 306 or so pounds Fehoko played slower than some bigger guys...his lack of athleticism might've been his undoing...now it looks like Clark will fill his role and Matlock will fill Gaziano's...I think if you look at it like that the team upgraded in talent but lost some experience...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Duck of Death
        Social Piranha
        • May 2022
        • Flyover, USA
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I was impressed with Hinton during that late season stretch, I remember wondering why he went undrafted, he played big and looked smooth and athletic on the field…the important thing is how the coaches feel about him, some of that could be mental because he seemed to grasp what they want to do on defense rather quickly, Hinton was getting more snaps than that 9 year vet they brought in (davidson?)…they must think he’s a better fit than what they had in Fehoko…
        I thought that name sounded familiar - just realized he’s the son of Chris Hinton Sr, 7 time pro bowler (OL) from the Colts/Falcons. Maybe that was common knowledge?

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Jerrod Clark...6-4, 330#...wow, looks like a Hungry Hungry Hippo getting ready to swallow up a pesky gnat:

clark.jpg

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...aft-nfl-roster

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
            Over the years we've done pretty damn well with UDFA. There is a chance 2-4 of these guys makes the team. Some will contribute.
            I think TWO contributing UDFAs would be awesome, and hoping for more than that is just wishful thinking, typically.

The *real* key is getting productive UDFAs at positions where you're the most in need. That's why IDL Jerrod Clark would be a total godsend, if he proved himself worthy of a roster spot. The Bolts *so* need a stronger, stouter inside d-line presence.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I think TWO contributing UDFAs would be awesome, and hoping for more than that is just wishful thinking, typically.

The *real* key is getting productive UDFAs at positions where you're the most in need. That's why IDL Jerrod Clark would be a total godsend, if he proved himself worthy of a roster spot. The Bolts *so* need a stronger, stouter inside d-line presence.
              If Clark can regularly just occupy two blockers, that frees up Bosa, Mack and Tuli to bring the heat!

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Besides Clark, there are two other edge rushers and a safety that have a chance. The safety looks promising, good speed and size.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

AJ Uzodinma was a playmaker at Ball St.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Nic Melsop, OT. A man amongst boys. Moves well, attacks downfield, overwhelms everybody.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Besides Clark, there are two other edge rushers and a safety that have a chance. The safety looks promising, good speed and size.
                        They signed a few UDFAs from REALLY small programs. (Campbell? Samford? Lane College? Ball State? Delta State?!?) Most of those guys get blown out of the water pretty quickly, but every once in a while you find an Austin Ekeler.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
                          I thought that name sounded familiar - just realized he’s the son of Chris Hinton Sr, 7 time pro bowler (OL) from the Colts/Falcons. Maybe that was common knowledge?
                          Yes, as far as I understood it, it was common knowledge on these boards that his pops played for the colts, the website bolts from the blue did a piece on that last season when the chargers picked him up…he has strong NFL bloodlines and he played for the wolverines, all the more reason I was so surprised he went undrafted, it could've been like an undisclosed medical type deal, IDK

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X