• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Nick Chubb's 40 time was 4.52. Josh Jacobs' was 4.56. I believe these two led the league in rushing yardage in 2022. I'm just saying speed-wise, Hoosman is on par with the NFL's elite.
    I bet they didnt have a 1.64 10 yard split. That is a terrible number for a RB. That's the bigger boy numbers like DL, Edge, TE.

In any case most those guys will be cut or a few go on the PS.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I liked curtis a lot and I think the chargers did too, didn't they bring him in on a visit? but after resigning Clapp, they were only going to take one offensive lineman and think they preferred mcfaddens flexibility, as a pure guard I think Curtis might be better but would he have been able to fill in at T or C like McFadden?
      He played tackle, guard and worked out at center for senior bowl folks I believe. That's why I referred to him as the "Swiss army knife".

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I’m trying to figure out what you’re asking here. So are you suggesting it’s better to draft an OL who only played guard in college to play guard in the NFL?

Also Zion moved back to guard his last year of college.
        I'm suggesting that they go that route more than once every blue moon.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I'm suggesting that they go that route more than once every blue moon.
          Why? There doesn’t seem to be a connection or even a correlation to success in the NFL. OLmen play different positions in NFL compared to college all the time because of measurements. So going your route does what exactly?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            This guy seems interesting, his 4.59 forty, the RAS score, the 6’4” 250 pound NFL ready body, this guy has the stuff that could make him the next UDFA gem in charger history, probably playing for a small school, raw pass rushing tools, and overall lack of polish is what made him go undrafted…he looks the part and has the athletic ability to do the job, hopefully he puts his STs hard hat on and earns at least a PS spot, would be interested to see a kid like this have a chance to stick around and develop his skills…
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Terrance Lang the DE out of Colorado is supposedly someone with potential and was said to stand out on a crappy defense. Interestingly during the Colorado pro day, scouts had him running TE routes and catching passes and he put on a show. But his 40 time does not indicate TE and he weighs 290.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Last edited by Bolt-O; 05-01-2023, 12:34 PM. Reason: I like thumbnails...
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

RE: Hoosman
                  I see contact balance, power, good habit of securing the ball when getting tackled.
                  he can catch (can he pass protect?)
                  likes to go airborn, which I don't like but he has pretty good take off.
                  pretty good vision to see where he can accelerate.

good luck kid.
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Grinners View Post
                    Beachcomber posted this before the Draft and we just picked him up.

CB Cameron Brown, Ohio State:

image.png​This is a high-risk, high-reward player to buy into. Brown has an extensive injury history and has missed much of the last two seasons. However, when he is healthy, he is a true lockdown cornerback and can be a problem for opposing receivers. He is a big-bodied corner who is very physical and has a great initial punch that jams receivers at the line of scrimmage. He is great in zone coverage and can close on receivers quickly to break up passes. He can be successful in either man or zone concepts; just don’t put him inside in man coverage. When he plays inside and in man coverage, he seems overwhelmed by all the motions and players crossing his face. Besides that, he can play pretty much anywhere on the field and will be good at it. He is great against the run and relishes the opportunity to make a tackle. He needs to stay healthy, and if he can do that, he will have a productive NFL career. Unfortunately, his injury history makes him a very difficult player to predict where he will be drafted because he has first-round talent; he just doesn’t have the playing time.​
                    Cameron Brown Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com
                    4 star recruit and top 300 in the nation coming out of high school.
                    hopefully we can stash him on the PS.
                    played a bit of WR in high school too.
                    his weaknesses may indicate a transition to FS in staleys D.
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      Terrance Lang the DE out of Colorado is supposedly someone with potential and was said to stand out on a crappy defense. Interestingly during the Colorado pro day, scouts had him running TE routes and catching passes and he put on a show. But his 40 time does not indicate TE and he weighs 290.

TG
                      Pull a dielman and turn him into an OT?
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                        I liked him at the senior bowl too…Clark signed here for a reason, his agent and his people know the chargers don’t have a true NT on the entire roster, if he can get down to around 320 while trading some fat for a bit more muscle and improving his stamina? Holy shit! With that burst and power he has, he has a legitimate shot to become a player for us on 1st and 2nd down…

signing this kid made up for the duggan pick…

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Why? There doesn’t seem to be a connection or even a correlation to success in the NFL. OLmen play different positions in NFL compared to college all the time because of measurements. So going your route does what exactly?
                          First of all, as you implied, it widens the pool of talent that they can bring in - there being no correlation whatsoever.
                          Secondly, they haven't had success doing it this one way: some are good at projecting, some are not.
                          I would guess Telesco falls closer to the 2nd group.

Its not like Telesco is in the upper half tier of GMs when it comes to assembling Olines.
                          Maybe, his approach should change.

Comment

Working...
                          X