• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I liked him at the senior bowl too…Clark signed here for a reason, his agent and his people know the chargers don’t have a true NT on the entire roster, if he can get down to around 320 while trading some fat for a bit more muscle and improving his stamina? Holy shit! With that burst and power he has, he has a legitimate shot to become a player for us on 1st and 2nd down…

signing this kid made up for the duggan pick…
    I had zero expectation that Clark would sign with the Chargers.
    Maybe Tito might not play this year.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Even if you get on the practice squad you have a very high chance of playing sometime during the season with our injury record. LOL!
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Don’t know about Tito’s recovery but Was Tito being used like a NT? I’ll have to go back and watch an early game…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Even if you get on the practice squad you have a very high chance of playing sometime during the season with our injury record. LOL!
          SJD and Morgan Fox are the only starters remaining that are healthy right now, scott matlock joins former PS players hinton and moa on the roster which leaves an opening for clark to fill fehoko’s shoes until austin johnson and otito can return…

I think clark has a legit chance to make this roster, he has an opportunity to be the new fehoko and establish himself on the 53 man roster perhaps even after otito and johnson return? he would be sending hinton and moa back to the PS

to begin the year…

SJD
          Fox
          Matlock
          Clark
          Hinton
          Moa

Johnson and Ogbonia on IR…

After Johnson and Ogbonia return from IR…

SJD
          Fox
          Johnson
          Ogbonia
          Matlock
          Clark

Hinton and Moa on the PS…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

SJD and Morgan Fox are the only starters remaining that are healthy right now, scott matlock joins former PS players hinton and moa on the roster which leaves an opening for clark to fill fehoko’s shoes until austin johnson and otito can return…

I think clark has a legit chance to make this roster, he has an opportunity to be the new fehoko and establish himself on the 53 man roster perhaps even after otito and johnson return? he would be sending hinton and moa back to the PS

to begin the year…

SJD
            Fox
            Matlock
            Clark
            Hinton
            Moa

Johnson and Ogbonia on IR…

After Johnson and Ogbonia return from IR…

SJD
            Fox
            Johnson
            Ogbonia
            Matlock
            Clark

Hinton and Moa on the PS…
            I didn't realize they are so thin at tackle starting off.
            It doesn't make sense waiting until round 6 for a DT, unless Johnson returns early.

The D Davis pic was a real head scratcher.
            One injury to SJD away from disaster

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

It doesn't make sense waiting until round 6 for a DT, unless Johnson returns early.

We had no return man on the roster, so drafting the best returner in all of college last year isn't exactly a head scratcher to me. It's still May - who knows how the players are coming in rehab and what late vets will be added - we did save a couple of roster spots.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

I think they really liked Hinton after picking him up when injuries took a toll last year, did they nab him off of someone’s PS or off waivers? I forget which but either way Hinton was good enough that they felt comfortable letting Fehoko walk this offseason…the way I look at it, this group is deep if austin and otito are healthy, Hinton replaces and is an upgrade over Fehoko….Matlock is a bigger, stronger, more versatile, and athletic gaziano, and clark can come in and become the temporary replacement for Otito until Otito is ready to return, and then after that either he or hinton goes to the PS and joins moa there…

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  These draft sites kill me some times. The excerpt below for Cam Brown is from the draft network.....I have no idea what they are talking about and I bet they don't either. For the record, Brown can end up being another JC Jackson type if he stays healthy and figures a few things out. Or he might be out of the league by the end of training camp if he cannot. But he has some real potential. For the Chargers he is high reward/low risk.

TG

Brown suffered a season-ending Achilles injury in 2020 after two games after suffering a season-ending leg injury in 2018 after five games. He also missed multiple games in 2022 with a knee injury. While he isn’t the tallest corner, he is high-hipped and his transitions can be leggy. He battles through some tightness in his hips when changing directions, which leads to some segmentation. His feet can be loud and antsy, leading to some wasted movement at the snap. In recent years, Ohio State has fallen victim to communication breakdowns and busts in the secondary and Brown has fallen in line. Brown isn’t overly eager to tackle and play off contact and it often appears that he is satisfied to let the action come to him. Brown misses too many tackles due to lapses in technique and not consistently taking angles that put him in position to finish. His long speed only appears to be modest and his ball production has been underwhelming.
                  The scout was a converted English major.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

IMG_0093.jpg
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

I think they really liked Hinton after picking him up when injuries took a toll last year, did they nab him off of someone’s PS or off waivers? I forget which but either way Hinton was good enough that they felt comfortable letting Fehoko walk this offseason…the way I look at it, this group is deep if austin and otito are healthy, Hinton replaces and is an upgrade over Fehoko….Matlock is a bigger, stronger, more versatile, and athletic gaziano, and clark can come in and become the temporary replacement for Otito until Otito is ready to return, and then after that either he or hinton goes to the PS and joins moa there…
                      Our defensive line played better down the stretch, on average, once the dust settled from the injuries...Hinton was quietly part of that...they have dropped his name multiple times, and Im guessing they like him as a depth piece at the least after letting a good team guy like Fehoko go, who could have been had on the cheap.
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Andrew Farmer....Lane College. 2,200 students.

Small School Sammy in da house!!!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Our defensive line played better down the stretch, on average, once the dust settled from the injuries...Hinton was quietly part of that...they have dropped his name multiple times, and Im guessing they like him as a depth piece at the least after letting a good team guy like Fehoko go, who could have been had on the cheap.
                          I like Fehoko a lot, I thought his effort wasn’t always as consistent as I would’ve liked, perhaps conditioning was a factor but he was a fun guy to have on the team and provided solid run stopping ability, things is they probably think hinton provides a better combo of run stuffing and pass rushing, IDK…

I was impressed with Hinton during that late season stretch, I remember wondering why he went undrafted, he played big and looked smooth and athletic on the field…the important thing is how the coaches feel about him, some of that could be mental because he seemed to grasp what they want to do on defense rather quickly, Hinton was getting more snaps than that 9 year vet they brought in (davidson?)…they must think he’s a better fit than what they had in Fehoko…

hopefully Clark makes that type of an impression too, I thought he looked good at the senior bowl, although he looks a little on the flabby side, he needs to trade some of that fat into muscle or just shed a good 10-20 pounds…He has a nice burst and is strong at the point of attack plus shows the ability to push the pocket from the inside…even if he’s the only UDFA to make a mark this offseason it will have been a fantastic haul draft and UDFA combined…seems to me he has a clear path to making the 53 because he fills a need at NT depth…

Comment

Working...
                          X