Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BOLTtfUP View Post
    Pokey Wilson has YAC ability similar to guys like Jamar Chase.....do you really think that skillset is less valuable to Guyton's speed (after ACL injury)?

There are plenty of speed guys in the NFL, but guys with explosive YAC ability are way more valuable.

It's better to stash and develop him on the 53 now when you have to get rid of MW or KA next year.
    He has YAC ability similar to Jamar Chase? He was undrafted and he's never played a down in the NFL.

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
      By the power of Wes Welker let this Pokey kid be for real!

Last edited by SuperCharged; 06-10-2023, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• BOLTtfUP
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

He has YAC ability similar to Jamar Chase? He was undrafted and he's never played a down in the NFL.
        He's not Jamar Chase but you can see shades of similarity with his ability to make plays in space. Do you not see it?

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BOLTtfUP View Post

He's not Jamar Chase but you can see shades of similarity with his ability to make plays in space. Do you not see it?
          Jamar Chase, No!
          Chase is a HR threat with 4.3 speed to Pokeys 4.6.

Maybe compared to Welker but not Chase.

Let's see what the guy can do in the NFL first. He will get reps against 2nd and 3rd stringers in Pre season. You know, Bandy looked good against those and sucked when needed in real games but I like Pokeys potentual better than Bandy's.

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Reminds me of Travis Benjamin. Who was decent for a little while. Never evolved.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Reminds me of Travis Benjamin. Who was decent for a little while. Never evolved.
              Gotta admit - That is a LOT of highlights …
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Here are the highlights of KJ Hill. He was Ohio State's all time leading receiver. It looked like he was going to go undrafted in 2020, but the Chargers took a flyer on him in the 7th round.

I saw his college highlights and thought this guy might be a sleeper, he looks awesome in this vid. Again, he was OSU's all time leading WR.

But he didn't have an NFL skill set and he only lasted a few lackluster seasons and is now out of the NFL.

Am I saying that Pokey is no better than KJ Hill? I'm saying we don't know yet, but you can't make an assessment just based on college highlights, because those highlights are against college talent. All 32 teams in the NFL passed on Pokey for seven rounds.

If Pokey does turn out to be a find, I'll be ecstatic. But I know from experience there is usually a reason when a player goes undrafted. I'm just saying let's temper our expectations of Mr. Pokey until he actually plays against NFL talent.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Here are the highlights of KJ Hill. He was Ohio State's all time leading receiver. It looked like he was going to go undrafted in 2020, but the Chargers took a flyer on him in the 7th round.

I saw his college highlights and thought this guy might be a sleeper, he looks awesome in this vid. Again, he was OSU's all time leading WR.

But he didn't have an NFL skill set and he only lasted a few lackluster seasons and is now out of the NFL.

Am I saying that Pokey is no better than KJ Hill? I'm saying we don't know yet, but you can't make an assessment just based on college highlights, because those highlights are against college talent. All 32 teams in the NFL passed on Pokey for seven rounds.

If Pokey does turn out to be a find, I'll be ecstatic. But I know from experience there is usually a reason when a player goes undrafted. I'm just saying let's temper our expectations of Mr. Pokey until he actually plays against NFL talent.

It's ok... We need something to talk about. I'm excited about the potential.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

My Welker reference was the Chargers picking him up then cutting him. It'd be nice to get a Welker redo.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

It's ok... We need something to talk about. I'm excited about the potential.
                      Velo is right. He’s unknown, there are a hundred WRs that played well in College every year that will never play at NFL level. He’s trying to crack our strongest and deepest position group, when we drafted a WR almost sure to make the roster due to ST. Odds are beyond low imo, he’s looking for a PS spot imo.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Velo is right. He’s unknown, there are a hundred WRs that played well in College every year that will never play at NFL level. He’s trying to crack our strongest and deepest position group, when we drafted a WR almost sure to make the roster due to ST. Odds are beyond low imo, he’s looking for a PS spot imo.
                        And...the best we could do is ...Bandy...when all our receivers went down. All it takes is for two of our guys to get injured and you get your NFL shot. Any undrafted receiver should try to make the most of it when it comes.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• BOLTtfUP
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Jamar Chase, No!
                          Chase is a HR threat with 4.3 speed to Pokeys 4.6.

Maybe compared to Welker but not Chase.

Let's see what the guy can do in the NFL first. He will get reps against 2nd and 3rd stringers in Pre season. You know, Bandy looked good against those and sucked when needed in real games but I like Pokeys potentual better than Bandy's.
                          I'm not talking HR threat or 4.3 speed. I'm just talking YAC yards after the catch. The ability to make defenders miss after the catch. That's all. It is very clear evident throughout his highlight tape.

I do agree about the Bandy stuff but Bandy didn't enter the league with Pokey's type highlights on his resume.

Comment

Working...
                          X