• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Mines not high. But like i said TT's crew did a fine job finding Ekeler.
    Who would be his best UDFA since Ekeler? 1 great UDFA every 6 years starts to be a stale story …
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think it’s cuz most of us grew up with Gumby on the cartoons every Saturday. Occam’s razor.

Clark is just a discontinued candy bar, and not a particularly good one.
      Actually Pokey gets his nickname from his grandma who said he looked like a character from "Pokemon." A bit of useless trivia....

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Who would be his best UDFA since Ekeler? 1 great UDFA every 6 years starts to be a stale story …
        Not really I think the Chargers do a fine job of finding UDFA. I would say better than most. It's not like teams are filling their rosters with UDFA's and the Chargers just can't keep up.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Not really I think the Chargers do a fine job of finding UDFA. I would say better than most. It's not like teams are filling their rosters with UDFA's and the Chargers just can't keep up.
          I asked seriously, I can't think of a standout UDFA since Ekeler. is there one? Even significant contributors - who could be and im blanking, Which current roster players (not counting this year's UDFA crop) were UDFA?

I don't know if the TT lore is accurate or not. Maybe, ... looking for data ...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

I asked seriously, I can't think of a standout UDFA since Ekeler. is there one? Even significant contributors - who could be and im blanking, Which current roster players (not counting this year's UDFA crop) were UDFA?

Amen O on special teams - he contributes

Tyrell Williams - was he a UDFA ? He was probably before Ekeler as I think he played in San Diego

As for Pokey Wilson - he should be able to make the PS. The competiton is Hightower and Doss and they couldn't beat out Michael Bandy or Jason Moore.

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

UDFA's are not locks. Probably 95% don't make the NFL. You can't act like nothing since Ekeler is bad. That is incorrect. You'd have to prove that other NFL teams are reaping rewards by keeping their UDFA's.

Ekeler alone is enough give kudos to TT for finding. He's be stellar since he was invited to camp. Name another team that has found a UDFA with Ekeler's production. Or even something similar.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                Tyrell Williams - was he a UDFA ? He was probably before Ekeler as I think he played in San Diego
                Yes, Tyrell was a UDFA. He was the Bolts' leading receiver in 2016, with 1,100 yds and 7 TDs. He was pretty good in 2017 and 18 too, playing a role in the Chargers getting into the playoffs in 2018. But was also one of those WRs who Phil Rivers really elevated. Because after leaving the Chargers/Rivers he was never the same.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Ekeler (and Gates) are total unicorns.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

UDFA's are not locks. Probably 95% don't make the NFL. You can't act like nothing since Ekeler is bad. That is incorrect. You'd have to prove that other NFL teams are reaping rewards by keeping their UDFA's.

Ekeler alone is enough give kudos to TT for finding. He's be stellar since he was invited to camp. Name another team that has found a UDFA with Ekeler's production. Or even something similar.
                    uh, I don't agree. If Ekeler is the ONLY good UDFA that TT found in 10 years then no - its not enough to assign him the title King of the UDFAs. Are there any other UDFAs we can add to TT's credit list?

AJ found Antonio Gates, ergo AJ is the Kind of Charger UDFAs if Eke is all TT has got.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

uh, I don't agree. If Ekeler is the ONLY good UDFA that TT found in 10 years then no - its not enough to assign him the title King of the UDFAs. Are there any other UDFAs we can add to TT's credit list?

AJ found Antonio Gates, ergo AJ is the Kind of Charger UDFAs if Eke is all TT has got.
                      LOL! So are you saying that TT is bad at evaluating and signing UDFA's? Is that correct?

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Are there any other UDFAs we can add to TT's credit list?
                        Tyrell Williams. He led the Chargers in receiving one season with nearly 1,100 yds and 7 or 8 TDs. He had three pretty good seasons for the Chargers.

Adrian Phillips Pro Bowler

Jahleel Addae was a starter for multiple seasons​

Michael Davis current starter

Younghoe Koo Pro Bowler (both Davis and Koo were UDFAs the same year as Ekeler)

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

LOL! So are you saying that TT is bad at evaluating and signing UDFA's? Is that correct?
                          Im actually not sure, as I said when asking.

Ok - some entries to help. TWill was a solid UDFA. Vato is better. A lot of league kickers were UDFAs, not sure why I mentall discount them but I do. Philips was good, not as good here as after he left but good. Addai - meh. What was that , 5 more over his 10 years?

alright - not just the Ekeler show. no HOF’ers yet either. Thanks, all contributors. Is his record different or better than other teams / GMs? based on my google abilities, i expect thats hard to easily extract from the interwebby. I couldn’t easily figure it out. I was just curious - not important.

Comment

Working...
                          X