• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

My problem with Watt is that he is always injured, or at least that is how his NFL career has gone so far. When he played against Detroit, first game of the year, and was not hurt, he actually looked pretty good to me. He did not get blown backward or miss assignments. THen he got hurt and came back against the Steelers when he was not healthy enough and did get beat up. And that was it. So I have only really seen him play one game at center. As a rookie, he was not terrible, but not great. But it was a new position and he was a rookie and....he got hurt then, too.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Perhaps a new scheme will simplify things for him (*and everyone, jeez).

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        I don't really have an argument here, just an opinion and observation that it seems to me the club is acting as if there were some unfortunate setbacks in the plan to groom Wat? as the fixture at Center, but will simply pick up where they left off moving in that direction. Thus, I don't feel they are believing they need to look at bringing in someone else to push him or compete with him and that would just delay and complicate the process of him settling in for the long term. I don't get the sense they believe Wat? at Center is anywhere near a failed experiment at this point and would not expect them to prioritize getting someone better to start the way many of us here do. Even if there is a highly regarded OC available at 1 of our early picks, I expect them to take an ILB, Edge rusher, S, WR or pass catching TE to groom behind Gates before taking an OC. I could be wrong, but that's how I'm reading things right now.
        Fair enough. It's hard to say for sure what they are doing right now. Watt is really the only realistic option at the moment and I think most of us would hate for him to be the starter. Somewhere along the line (pardon the pun), we're going to execute a/some pick(s) to shore up the OL. If they do, there's a reasonable chance that the pick threatens Watt's current status. Not sure where they prioritize needs and totally unsure how their board looks, so hard for me to say other than I doubt first round goes for OL unless Tunsil is there or there's a trade down. After that, I think they're going to use a first four choice on an OL.

Telesco appears to be an idiot to many on this board, but I don't think he's so thick as to think he doesn't need more ammo on the OL. Certainly he sees the need for depth after two years of ridiculous injury issues and certainly he realizes he needs to plan for the future/light some fires. So it's going to happen, the questions are where and what quantity. I just don't think these are knowable. Maybe you're right. We'll see.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

We have 8 picks. I expect 3 of those will be used on OL. A starting C, a G/C, and another depth OL.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

And every UFDA we bring in should be a Guard or a Center until this is fixed.
            sigpic

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
              We have 8 picks. I expect 3 of those will be used on OL. A starting C, a G/C, and another depth OL.
              I'll believe it when I see it.
              Last edited by QSmokey; 03-18-2016, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

I do think we'll see a few arrive this way- more than the usual WRs, DBs, RBs this year. Get ready for 'Turd Polishing, The Sequel'.
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  I do think we'll see a few arrive this way- more than the usual WRs, DBs, RBs this year. Get ready for 'Turd Polishing, The Sequel'.
                  You mean like Gates? Or Banden Oliver? Or Malcolm Floyd? How about Dielman? I'm not suggesting we'll necessarily sign a player like that but I wouldn't dismiss the possibility.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                    You mean like Gates? Or Banden Oliver? Or Malcolm Floyd? How about Dielman? I'm not suggesting we'll necessarily sign a player like that but I wouldn't dismiss the possibility.
                    AJ was a draft disaster, but he is likely the greatest undrafted free-agent signer of all time.

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                      I mean like they typically go heavy signing UDFAs in a couple positions like DB, WR, RB LBs, and to a lesser extent OLs who are flyers. Occasionally we get 1 that sticks but usually about 2 rotate on and off Practice Squad during the season and if we're not creamed by injuries 1 or 2 of those guys can hang around a couple years and finally land on 53 man roster for more than a cup of coffee. I'm thinking they bring in more OLs proportionally to the other listed positions this year and see if they can coach up a gem or 2 instead of signing guys from outside to compete against our "established starters" on paper right now.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Massive Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be The GM View Post
                        AJ was a draft disaster, but he is likely the greatest undrafted free-agent signer of all time.
                        I just had to get your username quoted before it got changed back.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

All this talk about vaginas is making me hungry.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X