Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Iowachargers View Post
    Wasn't there a 4th and 16-19 late in the game for the Patriots that they converted? Believe Caldwell against Jammer. Went out and shoveled the driveway of snow. Lot of swearing. Imagine what the neighbors thought.
    I imagine the neighbors thought, "If there is a San Diego Chargers fan shoveling snow, there is no hope for the rest of us."

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
      Sherriff Joe is looking for you.
      If you see him, tell him he's really cute, but say it with a Mexican accent. He likes that.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
        F-that, I ain't getting near any dude who wants to put me in chains and pink underwear.
        Unfortunately, been there done that.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

Actually it wasn't 'pretty much' the same situation at all because as you point out, the score was tied. That makes a huge difference. Huge. In fact, I'll go you one further. It was on the drive where McCree screwed the pooch where NE was and looked defeated. Getting the ball back allowed them to get the tying scores. It gave them new hope and new life. So it's completely alike, except that it was totally different.
          You are speaking about momentum in the game. What I am saying is that the situation the offense was put in was exactly the same: You need a clock killing scoring drive to put the game away. The offense in that situation went 3 and out. Based on that evidence I don't buy the argument it was a sure thing LT was going to grind out first downs to put the game away if McCree didn't fumble.
          People point out the bat-down option in demonstrating that the minimum effort was required on his part to pretty much seal the deal. So OK, he picks it off. He didn't need to try to score. It was highly unlikely he would anyway if you look at the traffic he was in--see Troy Brown stripping him.
          With 6 minutes left and the fact that the offense went 3 and out and only burned 48 seconds with even more pressure on them the next time they got the ball I think it is ridiculous to think that would have pretty much sealed the deal. The Chargers needed to score again so yes McCree should have tried to score when he had the ball.

Disputed by what happened.

That said, agree to disagree except on the point that players are inclined to catch the ball vs bat it.
          It is not disputed by what happened. The only thing you can point to is a claim momentum changed because of that play. Otherwise McCrees fumble amounted to exactly the same thing as a 4th down conversion. He fumbled but Rivers could have fumbled the snap on first down or anyone else could have fumbled carrying the ball. Why is McCree the only ball carrier that is supposed to take a knee instead of trying to score? That's illogical and bad strategy. Taking knees because your scared to fumble only makes sense when the game is over
          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
            With 6 minutes left and the fact that the offense went 3 and out and only burned 48 seconds with even more pressure on them the next time they got the ball I think it is ridiculous to think that would have pretty much sealed the deal. The Chargers needed to score again so yes McCree should have tried to score when he had the ball.
            It is disputed by what happened. By regaining possession, NE went on to tie the game. Should be end of argument. We went 3 and out with 4:30 left. We went INT to fumble at 6 min mark and gave huge momentum shift to Pats who proceed to score and who had been manhandled by our D for most of the day. I get what you're saying but praying for McCree to get a TD when he was in a high traffic area doesn't make a lot of sense and 'taking a knee' in that situation isn't much different than telling a LB on the return team to just fall on a squib kick. Give the ball to your offense, because they do offense better than you do. But again, agree to disagree. Have a nice day.
            Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 03-25-2016, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
              SLAM DUNK!
              • Jun 2013
              • East County San Diego
              • Bolt fanatic
              • Send PM

It's not on McCree because no one is going to be coached to take a knee in that situation. They wouldn't even be coached to bat the ball down.

The only reason any of this is an issue is because he fumbled. If he didn't fumble no one would be cursing him for doing the wrong thing.
              migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

F MF McCree
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mars
                  • Ball Holder
                  • Send PM

I can't believe you guys have made me relive this fucking nightmare all week.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                    I can't believe you guys have made me relive this fucking nightmare all week.
                    Then there was this time in 1978 that we were beating the Raiders 20-14 with 10 seconds left on the clock...

Comment

• Highboltage
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Then there was this time in 1978 that we were beating the Raiders 20-14 with 10 seconds left on the clock...
                      Now that's just mean!

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

F Marlon McCree for FUMBLING! Dude should have went straight to the ground and curled up like a potato bug.

F HIM!!!!
                        Prediction:
                        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• KNSD
                          Registered Charger Hater
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

And F the Raiders! And F the San Diego Raiders! F THEM!!!
                          Prediction:
                          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

Working...
                          X