• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

Put to bed a few days ago chief! Don't need to be banned.Watching some live day three Chargers TC on NFL Channel
    Agree, dead and buried.

You’re watching live day 3 today?
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Put to bed a few days ago chief! Don't need to be banned.Watching some live day three Chargers TC on NFL Channel
      Banning usually comes with multiple warnings. Im pretty loose my man. Its all good. I didnt even see your comments. Just browsed over things. Numerous reported posts etc. Thats the only way i see this stuff.

Comment

• colorado
        Fan since '62
        • Jun 2023
        • Desert Rat
        • Nothing but time on my hands
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Banning usually comes with multiple warnings. Im pretty loose my man. Its all good. I didnt even see your comments. Just browsed over things. Numerous reported posts etc. Thats the only way i see this stuff.
        Ok...

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Does anyone else think that this Colts strong arm tactics is essentially the only way that the NFL can blow handling this issue? If you agree or disagree with the RBs they are making a lot of noise. And it could be handled by just letting it play out and it will readjust itself and the new norm will be here in about 3-5 years when the OG RBs who know what it’s like are gone.

But if you have strong arm tactics from front offices and owners threatening NFI and withholding paychecks etc, then I can see the Union getting involved and blowing this thing up. If this becomes a pissing contest in public between owners and players then this is going to get ugly. It could get to work stoppage levels of crazy if the owners dig in and the union sees this as an opportunity to get concessions from the owners.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
            Does anyone else think that this Colts strong arm tactics is essentially the only way that the NFL can blow handling this issue? If you agree or disagree with the RBs they are making a lot of noise. And it could be handled by just letting it play out and it will readjust itself and the new norm will be here in about 3-5 years when the OG RBs who know what it’s like are gone.

But if you have strong arm tactics from front offices and owners threatening NFI and withholding paychecks etc, then I can see the Union getting involved and blowing this thing up. If this becomes a pissing contest in public between owners and players then this is going to get ugly. It could get to work stoppage levels of crazy if the owners dig in and the union sees this as an opportunity to get concessions from the owners.
            Did Taylor a hold out, or is he in camp? Did Colts designate him unable to participate NFI before he demanded a trade or after? Some legal technicalities could turn it one way or another, I think. But then again, I’m not a lawyer lol.

Comment

• colorado
              Fan since '62
              • Jun 2023
              • Desert Rat
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Agree, dead and buried.

You’re watching live day 3 today?
              Yes, this wknd they were going to all the training camps and they spent a good half hour or so of each camp. They also were showing Colts, rams, Ravens. This was the wknd. They might do some more today, day 4 it's called inside Training camp live
              Last edited by colorado; 07-31-2023, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Did Taylor a hold out, or is he in camp? Did Colts designate him unable to participate NFI before he demanded a trade or after? Some legal technicalities could turn it one way or another, I think. But then again, I’m not a lawyer lol.
                Yeah I can’t say I know all the ins and outs of this situation but threatening a tag that can withhold money and or make him miss the league year is pretty ham fisted.

I think there was a report that he said his back hurt from working out in the off-season and the colts went in with the nuclear card.

my prediction this gets uglier before it gets better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Yes, this wknd they were going to all the training camps and they spent a good half hour or so of each camp. They also were showing Colts, rams, Ravens. This was the wknd. They might do some more today, day 4 it's called inside Training camp live
                  I thought Chargers had Sunday off.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Yeah I can’t say I know all the ins and outs of this situation but threatening a tag that can withhold money and or make him miss the league year is pretty ham fisted.

I think there was a report that he said his back hurt from working out in the off-season and the colts went in with the nuclear card.

my prediction this gets uglier before it gets better.
                    could be a big fact. Telling your employer you got hurt before you show up for work eviscerates many of your rights in normal jobs. no idea what the CBA says on this, but its definitely hardball. If its short term, it may stop them from issuing TC fines. If he comes in later and says he's 100% fine and they try to pull an "our doctor says you're not" game - thats where you'd expect NFLPA to be all over it. Players union will fight hard to not let that contract dispute tactic by teams become a precedent. I suspect they would win too.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

I'm honestly kind of bored with the RB are underpaid talk, TBH.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        I'm honestly kind of bored with the RB are underpaid talk, TBH.
                        Get used to it . . . . . . . . . . it'll be with us all season (at least).

The Colt saga with Taylor and Irsay is going to get uglier. Team says he said he had back pain, but now Taylor says he never said anything of the sort. Each party essentially calling the other a liar - in public - is never good.

For all of us bummed about the way Eckler handled HIS business, remember; It can ALWAYS get worse . . . . . . . . . see above. As Dmac noted in an earlier post the Chargers handled the Eckler situation to perfection. Irsay should have paid attention. One wonders just what was said in his trailer that day . . . . . . . . . cause up to that point Taylor had been a good soldier . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• colorado
                          Fan since '62
                          • Jun 2023
                          • Desert Rat
                          • Send PM

I thought Chargers had Sunday off.
                          It could have been recorded from Saturday. Like I said they were bouncing around and I just by bum luck stumbled on it. They're doing the same thing all this week, going from TC to TC.

Comment

Working...
                          X