• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-man
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

On top of that, there are actually some awesome pass rushers projected to come out next year starting with Texas a&ms myles garrett. No matter if a team sees bosa as de or a olb...there are going to be better players at his position. You have to remember that this past draft had 1st round slim pickings as far as dominating pass rushers (unless somebody comes out of nowhere)...and Bosa is an idiot I'd he really thinks he will go anywhere close to where the chargers picked him up in the next draft.

Comment

• BoltBalls
      Always keep eye contact!
      • Jun 2013
      • SD!
      • Send PM

At this point I think Bosa doesn't want to be a Charger at all. He can afford to lose some money if re-drafted and his parents probably convinced him to do this now. No other explanation for this holdout really makes sense and the Eli reference points to it also. If this is what ends up happening, I will hate him more than Eli because it was a total wasted pick.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        Correct Doc! I'll go back and edit my pre-coffee thoughts.
        Post-Beers Thoughts >>> Pre-Coffee Thoughts
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Nobody will remember him for going back in the draft on principle. They will remember him for being a huge idiot. He wont get drafted top 3. If he busts? He could be the biggest bust of all time. The most well known draft pick in history for all the wrong reasons. And the family legacy will be one of bust stardom. Bunch of bust failures.
          He could go from pulling an Eli to pulling a Hunter.. or whatever the hell the forgotten Manning's name was.
          sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
            I am pretty certain if he goes back into the draft next year he will become a 15 year Hall of Famer for that particular team that drafts him.

I am also pretty certain that if he wakes the fuck up and signs with us now, he will be a bust...just cuz that is how it goes as a Charger fan.
            You just know he will go late in the 2nd to NE.
            sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Im starting to think its mental for him. I think he may have a history of illness. With "episodes". Had to move into a place by himself in college. Had trouble in social scenes. His mother called him an introvert. Called him shy. Called him "Private". I think she trying to say he struggles with social settings. Even when hes interviewed he grabs his head and eyes. Its like some sort of defense mechanism. Like he wants to snap. He may have the mental make up of a little child. And thats why he had to be separated in college. Im just wondering if at this point... its almost considered a medical issue for the Bosa family. They cant come out and say Joey would never survive mentally and emotionally in Diego after this. But this may have broken him and sent him into a tailspin. Hes been unusually quiet. They are adamant against offset language. Rumored to have even been willing to put a lot of the bonus off until next year. I dont think its about the 100% payment as much as they are just trying to force the offset removal. And im wondering if thats because they know hes a Ryan Leaf type emotional character. Someone that will blow up and become such a cancer that he will get released for the betterment of the team. Then they can just say it was a bad fit and he can get a 2nd chance somewhere else. Where he can double dip and make more money before that team has to cut him like the Bolts did because of similar issues. Ending his career but maxing out on money. Then again they may just be trying to price him out of a contract so he can go back in the draft. They may have no intention of signing. They just feel like he will fail here now with all the drama. And his demons will be brought to the light.

I know how crazy that all sounds. But the fact they come off as hiding something makes me dive deep into his potential mental status. I can tell when a mom is trying to use polite words to cover up the fact her child may struggle with some things.

Introvert. Shy. Private. Focused. And "The people in his life are the ABSOLUTE most important to him"

Sounds like a support group to me. lol

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Im starting to think its mental for him. I think he may have a history of illness. With "episodes". Had to move into a place by himself in college. Had trouble in social scenes. His mother called him an introvert. Called him shy. Called him "Private". I think she trying to say he struggles with social settings. Even when hes interviewed he grabs his head and eyes. Its like some sort of defense mechanism. Like he wants to snap. He may have the mental make up of a little child. And thats why he had to be separated in college. Im just wondering if at this point... its almost considered a medical issue for the Bosa family. They cant come out and say Joey would never survive mentally and emotionally in Diego after this. But this may have broken him and sent him into a tailspin. Hes been unusually quiet. They are adamant against offset language. Rumored to have even been willing to put a lot of the bonus off until next year. I dont think its about the 100% payment as much as they are just trying to force the offset removal. And im wondering if thats because they know hes a Ryan Leaf type emotional character. Someone that will blow up and become such a cancer that he will get released for the betterment of the team. Then they can just say it was a bad fit and he can get a 2nd chance somewhere else. Where he can double dip and make more money before that team has to cut him like the Bolts did because of similar issues. Ending his career but maxing out on money. Then again they may just be trying to price him out of a contract so he can go back in the draft. They may have no intention of signing. They just feel like he will fail here now with all the drama. And his demons will be brought to the light.

I know how crazy that all sounds. But the fact they come off as hiding something makes me dive deep into his potential mental status. I can tell when a mom is trying to use polite words to cover up the fact her child may struggle with some things.

Introvert. Shy. Private. Focused. And "The people in his life are the ABSOLUTE most important to him"

Still sounds like she's the real problem.
                sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  I can understand the sentiment of just not wanting to deal with this guy or his family and just letting him re-enter the draft....but losing the #3 pick overall for NOTHING stings like a mofo.
                  We have to get something out of this, I agree. It will eventually come from Bosa.

But there's no denying that this shitty situation is happening. I do have to say that at (the beginning?) some point this became about something else for the player and/or agent. I half doubt it was the player. And believe me...no mom of a high draftee thinks enough of her negotiating skills that she just randomly pops off like Joey's mom about 'pulling an Eli.' This has been orchestrated since the outset by CAA. Bosa never wanted to play for the Chargers? His actions don't suggest that? Is it their reaction to what they felt was a lowball offer? Perhaps. But was it so low-ball that it was completely insulitng? I don't get that sense. Is it a matter of principle? Doesn't seem to carry much weight if the Bolts made the offer they claimed.

All I know is that Bosa's losing money and the Bolts are losing production every day. You'd think someone would address that.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                    SLAM DUNK!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • East County San Diego
                    • Bolt fanatic
                    • Send PM

Chicken Littles we need to RELAX

I was sure he would be signed at this point because I thought the dude wanted to play and these issues are minor. Reality is he is not losing any money or anything by holding out at this point. Sure the team has said they have pulled the offer but I am sure they would give it back if asked for. I do think he may think the offset language is important and that he feels he should get it removed because other top picks have, he feels like he is the #3 pick, the top non QB drafted, and I also think they felt they may have had leverage on the team because of the stadium situation.

Reality is the game changes once he actually really starts losing money. They are holding fast to what they want thinking they have leverage but the team has called their bluff because the reality is Bosa has NO leverage at all.

He is not going to be giving up millions just because he is mad at how his contract negotiations went. He will sign the best deal he can get before he starts losing money.

This holdout may be idiotic but don't pretend it's about anything other than business and Bosa thinking he should be treated special because of his draft status.
                    Last edited by BlazingBolt; 08-26-2016, 10:14 AM.
                    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

When you make Eli references, it tells me your head isn't in the right place to begin with.
                      <<<<<<<<<<<<THIS

Comment

• Faded blues
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2013
                        • Send PM

I hope the chargers have paid for private investigators to substantiate this claim one way or another. This type of stuff should have been vetted long ago. You would think the chargers learned that lesson with Ryan Leaf. A lot of what your saying sounds like bi-polar or schizophrenia or add or a combination of all them. Now mix in peds.... Mind you this is my speculation if any of the above is remotely correct.

but here is the caveat.. if what you say is true then the prudent thing would be to sign the offer that was proposed on Wednesday which would be the best way to protect their investment is to start collecting checks because the longer bosa holds out the more likely is discovered that bosa family is hiding something. I am sure the Spanos clan is also trying to figure out why bosa is playing russian roulette to POTENTIALLY save a couple hundred grand.

Plus, your also suggesting fraud... if any of this information is withheld from the chargers, and proven later, then the chargers could recover the money.

I just go back to stubbornness plus stupidity = moronic decisions.

We are logical people trying to find a rational reason why they have not signed. There is no rational reason.
                        Last edited by Faded blues; 08-26-2016, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                          SLAM DUNK!
                          • Jun 2013
                          • East County San Diego
                          • Bolt fanatic
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                          All I know is that Bosa's losing money and the Bolts are losing production every day. You'd think someone would address that.
                          NO, Bosa is not losing money. That's why this holdout really isnt' a bigger deal other than he is missing training camp. He is losing nothing other than practice time at this point.

When other players have held out to the point of being fined or losing money it is because they are holding out for a big pay day long term contact like Marcus McNeil, Vincent Jackson, Antoinio Gates. With Bosa he is holding out over minor shit and his money is not even being debated, it's set. Bosa will not hold out to the point where he starts losing money because he is not going to be able to make that money back on his deal.
                          Last edited by BlazingBolt; 08-26-2016, 10:17 AM.
                          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Working...
                          X