• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KNSD
    Registered Charger Hater
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I'm really only looking at it from a bad PR standpoint (tons of negative reinforcement wrt ownership). Tons of bad PR for weeks all for... what exactly?
    Prediction:
    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
      In all seriousness, doesn't it seem like the Spanos family is not seeing the forest from the trees on this Bosa thing? Whole thing doesn't make sense. Opens up too many opportunities for bad PR. Longer it goes, the worse it gets.
      It was apparent months ago that the Spanii have no concept of leverage.

Fleet's explanation makes the most sense. He's trying to show all the other owners how tough he is. Instead, he's making a complete ass of himself.

Spanos is like the fat girl at the party who inevitably drinks too much and let's her oversized boobs out of their playpen for everyone's amusement.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
        It was apparent months ago that the Spanii have no concept of leverage.

Fleet's explanation makes the most sense. He's trying to show all the other owners how tough he is. Instead, he's making a complete ass of himself.

Spanos is like the fat girl at the party who inevitably drinks too much and let's her oversized boobs out of their playpen for everyone's amusement.
        Time to rep this boobs
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Big Dog
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

At first I was with Bosa 16 out of 20 top 5 picks since 2012 got either bonus up front or waiver on the back end.

But then .... Chargers increased there offer from 50% Bonus to 60% (57 /59% or something) and Bosa's team responded with 100%.

Anybody ever buy or sell a house?

Well, say you make an offer on a house, even if it is a low-ball 50% offer and then when the other side responds no, 100% full price and then you increase your offer to 60% and the other side responds no, 100% full price ... that kind of ends the negotiations, you moved towards them and they didn't move at all ...

Not come back with like 95% ... nothing, no movement at all ... that is a total F*** you move in negotiations and just makes the other side angry.

So at that point, it seems like Tom Condon vs Charger fueds of old ... and now I'm back to siding with the Chargers on this one, and Bosa's mom's comments just makes me think I made the right choice ...

PS - Yes the Chargers have crappy ownership and poor management ... we could of had Bruce Arians instead of Mike McCoy ... anybody not wish that played out the other way around ? But Bosa's 100% or nothing counter was a dick move, and anybody ever involved in negotiations can see that ...

Comment

• sandiego17
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
            But Bosa's 100% or nothing counter was a dick move, and anybody ever involved in negotiations can see that ...
            I get that thought, but the Chargers slightly below 60% was less than what Elliot got, a completely dick move as well. What was CAA suppossed to do other than counter a non-serious dick move with a non-serious dick move? Would have been worse if they said 97%, which is more than the 2 pick got, but would have been appropriate considering they were offered less than the 4 pick got. If the Chargers wanted the high ground, they could have offered 68% or something and claimed their offer is better than Elliot's.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
              I get that thought, but the Chargers slightly below 60% was less than what Elliot got, a completely dick move as well. What was CAA suppossed to do other than counter a non-serious dick move with a non-serious dick move? Would have been worse if they said 97%, which is more than the 2 pick got, but would have been appropriate considering they were offered less than the 4 pick got. If the Chargers wanted the high ground, they could have offered 68% or something and claimed their offer is better than Elliot's.
              I think the point is, the Chargers had been slowly raising their offer and Bosa's camp didn't budge off 100%. Normally, both sides would gradually raise/lower their demands until they hit the real number.

Comment

• sandiego17
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                I think the point is, the Chargers had been slowly raising their offer and Bosa's camp didn't budge off 100%. Normally, both sides would gradually raise/lower their demands until they hit the real number.
                Both sides have a starting point that is ridiculous. Chargers below Elliot and CAA over Wentz. Going from 50% to 58% or whatever isn't really moving, everybody knows they won't take less than the 4 pick. The Chargers can claim they are increasing, but they aren't really doing shit until they at least get to the same point Elliot was. CAA going to 97% wouldn't qualify as moving either and would be bad PR to boot.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Both sides have a starting point that is ridiculous. Chargers below Elliot and CAA over Wentz. Going from 50% to 58% or whatever isn't really moving, everybody knows they won't take less than the 4 pick. The Chargers can claim they are increasing, but they aren't really doing shit until they at least get to the same point Elliot was. CAA going to 97% wouldn't qualify as moving either and would be bad PR to boot.
                  Nobody starts off with their final offer in a negotiation (well, nobody that knows what they are doing). If both sides started off and slowly moved towards the real number (that they both already likely know what it is), at least their would be progress. I'm not absolving the Chargers here, but nobody should negotiate against themselves, and now they aren't.

Comment

• sandiego17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Nobody starts off with their final offer in a negotiation (well, nobody that knows what they are doing). If both sides started off and slowly moved towards the real number (that they both already likely know what it is), at least their would be progress. I'm not absolving the Chargers here, but nobody should negotiate against themselves, and now they aren't.
                    I guess we disagree, I don't believe the Chargers have made a legitimate offer when its below Elliot. I'm not saying they should offer 80%, just make a legitimate offer at or over 64% as a starting point. Under Elliot doesn't qualify as legitimate and if I'm CAA, I wouldn't do anything until they got their either. I mean, again, CAA could counter at 96% like Wentz got, but would that matter?

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

I guess we disagree, I don't believe the Chargers have made a legitimate offer when its below Elliot. I'm not saying they should offer 80%, just make a legitimate offer at or over 64% as a starting point. Under Elliot doesn't qualify as legitimate and if I'm CAA, I wouldn't do anything until they got their either. I mean, again, CAA could counter at 96% like Wentz got, but would that matter?
                      And 100% isn't a legitimate offer either, so why are the Chargers to blame for their initial non-legitimate offer yet CAA is somehow getting a pass? What is really stupid is they both know roughly what it will end up taking to get him signed. In the meantime:

Comment

• Faded blues
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2013
                        • Send PM

Chargers need to offer 80 20 and get him in camp

Comment

• sandiego17
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

And 100% isn't a legitimate offer either, so why are the Chargers to blame for their initial non-legitimate offer yet CAA is somehow getting a pass? What is really stupid is they both know roughly what it will end up taking to get him signed. In the meantime:
                          I agree it isn't legitimate, but the Chargers can't claim they have made a legitimate offer in moving from 50% to 58% and then claim they are negotiating against themselves. Its like offering 300K on a house worth 600K and expecting a response but then stating you won't negotiate against yourself when you haven't even made a real offer. Its completely stupid, agree again, the total amount is set. Eveyone else is signed, and CAA had three first rounders. Chargers have one. He's the only one that isn't signed. If they get up to above Elliot and Bosa still isn't in camp, that would be different. Where they are today, its on the Chargers IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X