• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Who is your #1 WR?

Nabers steps up to compete. MHJ is hiding something.

I'm going with Nabers.
    MHJ is like the politician who is leading in the polls, but declines to debate. Why risk injury or his stock going down because he "underperforms" in some area? Scouts have plenty of tape to watch...

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Maybe according to PFF. But actual NFL teams seem to have a higher grade on him.
      I think Edgerrin is a good Patrick Queen comp... who went in the 1st round.
      I don’t think we want a Patrick Queen given his time with the Ravens. I think the better defensive option has to be CB if we go OL with the 11th pick.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If we can get AZ #71 instead of 90 then id love that. Having two thirds would be great. Even at 90 id like if we cant get 71. I dont think its all gonna go down like that though. There have been trades in round one but not crazy like that. AZ isnt that saavy or they wouldnt be the Cardinals.
        My target all along has been to trade down to #8-12, get a 2nd and if possible, a 3rd or 4th rounder. If we get #11, CHECK! If we get #27, CHECK! (even better than a 2nd rounder!) If we get #90, CHECK! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Who is your #1 WR?

Nabers steps up to compete. MHJ is hiding something.

I'm going with Nabers.
          MHJ is still #1WR IMO. You can line him up anywhere... whereas, Nabers is more effective in the slot v 2nd and 3rd CB's... and safeties. Abusing safeties is his specialty. Going against Kool-Aid... LSU really never looked his way. Maybe they saw better match-up (Thomas Jr), maybe they thought Nabers v Kool-Aid was a bad matchup...

MHJ offered to do drills and run the 40-yard dash. Teams #1-9 said, "we're good... you're good". The tape doesn't lie... physically gifted with speed. NFL ready and immediate impact player. If he even makes it to #4, Kyler will love him! If the Cards take him @#4, they can take care of their other needs with multiple picks (7 in the Top-100)... they can even get another WR (which they need) in the 2nd-4th rounds.

Ignore the talkie-talk... MHJ is WR#1. IMO, the difference between MHJ and Nabers is larger than people are currently acknowledging.
          Just my opinion based on watching game tape (numerous games of each).

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

MHJ is still #1WR IMO. You can line him up anywhere... whereas, Nabers is more effective in the slot v 2nd and 3rd CB's... and safeties. Abusing safeties is his specialty. Going against Kool-Aid... LSU really never looked his way. Maybe they saw better match-up (Thomas Jr), maybe they thought Nabers v Kool-Aid was a bad matchup...

MHJ offered to do drills and run the 40-yard dash. Teams #1-9 said, "we're good... you're good". The tape doesn't lie... physically gifted with speed. NFL ready and immediate impact player. If he even makes it to #4, Kyler will love him! If the Cards take him @#4, they can take care of their other needs with multiple picks (7 in the Top-100)... they can even get another WR (which they need) in the 2nd-4th rounds.

Ignore the talkie-talk... MHJ is WR#1. IMO, the difference between MHJ and Nabers is larger than people are currently acknowledging.
            He didnt have a good day against CB Renardo Green either. 2 catches, 20 yards i think it was.

I think we trade out but id be good with any of the 3 WRs if we so choose. However, if i have to choose, id go MHJ, Odunze , Nabers.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

I agree..... Nabers or Adunze would be top WR in many drafts, but MHJ is already like a polished vet.... and he is big and fast and smooth...nearly flawless....and he has been that for 2 years....

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

He didnt have a good day against CB Renardo Green either. 2 catches, 20 yards i think it was.

I think we trade out but id be good with any of the 3 WRs if we so choose. However, if i have to choose, id go MHJ, Odunze , Nabers.
                Green is my favorite CB in this draft and think his press ability would be a perfect fit for this defense. Give me him and 1 more CB in this draft and I would be happy.
                1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Jack Burton
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Green is my favorite CB in this draft and think his press ability would be a perfect fit for this defense. Give me him and 1 more CB in this draft and I would be happy.
                  I really hope the Chargers get Green or Tampa. They are both really talented and the physicality would be perfect with Minter. I like Melton and Hart too..

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

interesting how some WR's are almost unstoppable against some teams, but teams with great CB's shut them down.....

All 3 are great WR's and any of them would improve Chargers offense....... but I would still take Bowers over them, because he is the bigger matchup nightmare....... lots of great fast WR's available after the first round....

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I really hope the Chargers get Green or Tampa. They are both really talented and the physicality would be perfect with Minter. I like Melton and Hart too..
                      is that the Green who shut down nabors?...if so, must be a good one!

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

interesting how some WR's are almost unstoppable against some teams, but teams with great CB's shut them down.....

All 3 are great WR's and any of them would improve Chargers offense....... but I would still take Bowers over them, because he is the bigger matchup nightmare....... lots of great fast WR's available after the first round....
                        You know, it’s interesting that there’s just absolutely no talk or remote interest in Bowers from the Chargers.
                        Hortiz and our WR coach we’re both at LSU Pro Day yesterday….
                        I just have this sneakin suspicion that Bowers has been the target with that 1st pick regardless of how it plays out all along….
                        Bowers is the perfect player for Harbaughs offense.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

is that the Green who shut down nabors?...if so, must be a good one!
                          If LAC could get 2 of those 4…..
                          F me, that would be awesome!!

Comment

Working...
                          X