• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

You'll notice that these particular plays happened in 2022. In 2023, they stayed away from Kool-Aid. One of the receptions (early play) came on 3rd down... the reception didn't pick up the 1st down. On other receptions, you'll see they came against Terrion Arnold (#3).

If you watch the whole game (Ala v LSU) in 2023... you'll see Nabors' big plays came against safety Malachi Moore.
    Maybe in 2023 KoolAid stayed away from them? hmmm ...

Malachi Moore is a good player and will be playing on Sundays. He's projected to go between the 2nd (unlikely) and 4th round (highly likely he's picked no later than 4th, many project him to go in the 3rd)

His name is still Nabers, not Nabors. you'll learn it once you buy his LAC jersey in the fall.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Thomas is a guy I think the Chargers were looking hard at during LSU pro days. He is another WR the Chargers could be looking at in the back of rnd 1 if they trade back. They could take OT #11 and WR # 23 or #27.
      He scares me as a prospect.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

He scares me as a prospect.
        In a good way or bad way? Issues?

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Malachi Moore is a good player and will be playing on Sundays. He's projected to go between the 2nd (unlikely) and 4th round (highly likely he's picked no later than 4th, many project him to go in the 3rd)

His name is still Nabers, not Nabors. you'll learn it once you buy his LAC jersey in the fall.
          So...that'll be a custom jersey then? Got it.
          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

And yet both had an elite TE….
            Which is what Jim loves..
            I don't agree that Jim Harbaugh loves elite TE's.
            He had Ertz @Stanford. Yet, Ertz never caught 30+ receptions for Jim.
            Jim had Vernon Davis @49ers... but Vernon was already there. Vernon's stats went down.
            It is notable, that Harbaugh drafted TE Vance McDonald over Kelce in 2013.
            Not sure if that was Harbaugh's doing or the GM's.
            If it was Harbaugh's... maybe Jim should stay away from TE evaluations...

People note that Harbaugh tried to recruit Bowers @Michigan.
            But notable is Bowers' choice to choose Georgia over Michigan.

@Michigan, Harbaugh's TE never had 40+ receptions during the regular season.
            Maybe Bowers suspected that would be the case...?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

So...that'll be a custom jersey then? Got it.
              lol - i guess i'm not placing any bets on them picking him. I won't be upset if they do, nor will I be upset if they make a half dozen different moves everyone has discussed. There Are Many Ways
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

More and more talk leaguewide that Nabers has made it a legitimate battle with Harrison to be the top drafted WR.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Andy Reid has made 5 Superbowls in 3 of those 5 teams had T.O. or Tyreke Hill on them.
                  Billicheck coached in 9 SBs. Half of his wins came before Gronk was drafted and 4/9 appearances. I believe they also had some guy named Randy Moss at some point.

I don't think we can really generalize the preference of these coaches and their pass catching makeup.

I should also add, the Pats did spend a decent number of 1st and 2nd round picks on WRs. They just weren't good at drafting/developing them. I don't think it's because they didn't value them.
                  Winning SB's isn't all about the offense. I can't think a sub#15 defense that has won a SB in the last 20 years.
                  I think the Giants came close. But by the end of the season they were coming together.
                  Sheli and their average WR's beat Tom & Randy... but everybody knows the Giants defense really won that game.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

You'll notice that these particular plays happened in 2022. In 2023, they stayed away from Kool-Aid. One of the receptions (early play) came on 3rd down... the reception didn't pick up the 1st down. On other receptions, you'll see they came against Terrion Arnold (#3).

If you watch the whole game (Ala v LSU) in 2023... you'll see Nabors' big plays came against safety Malachi Moore.
                    They didn't stay away from Kool-Aid. Quite the opposite. Alabama choose to play zone. That left Nabers free to roam around in the slot where he burned the Tide for about 170 yards. There was a handful of plays where he was one on one with Arnold. Arnold did a good job but Nabers still managed to catch a 17 yarder and a much longer outside route where Arnold had him well covered but Nabers made the catch. Alabama choose to go zone because of LSU's QB and Thomas the other 1st round receiver.

The only down side I see to Nabers versus MH2 is that Nabers is an explosive guy. If he ends up with a leg injury that impacts his explosiveness he loses
                    much of his impact. MH2 by comparison is a bigger guy, not as athletic as Nabers but runs the entire route tree and can burn you deep or make contested
                    catches. They are two very different receivers. Hard to say which one will have the biggest impact in the NFL.
                    Last edited by charger1_sj; 03-28-2024, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am sure he would be open to taking a UM player if the talent fits the draft slot when the Chargers draft. Just probably not tied to UM players - dude wants to win.
                      Yep...TT for a while was surely tied to those Golden Domers...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Yep...big difference between Nabers and Nabors...

image.pngimage.png
                        "Surprise, surprise, surprise!"

Comment

• Duck of Death
                          Social Piranha
                          • May 2022
                          • Flyover, USA
                          • Send PM

I don't agree that Jim Harbaugh loves elite TE's.
                          He had Ertz @Stanford. Yet, Ertz never caught 30+ receptions for Jim.
                          Jim had Vernon Davis @49ers... but Vernon was already there. Vernon's stats went down.
                          It is notable, that Harbaugh drafted TE Vance McDonald over Kelce in 2013.
                          Not sure if that was Harbaugh's doing or the GM's.
                          If it was Harbaugh's... maybe Jim should stay away from TE evaluations...

People note that Harbaugh tried to recruit Bowers @Michigan.
                          But notable is Bowers' choice to choose Georgia over Michigan.

@Michigan, Harbaugh's TE never had 40+ receptions during the regular season.
                          Maybe Bowers suspected that would be the case...?
                          Just to point out:

- Kelce fell in the draft due to character concerns - multiple drug test failures, a full season suspension with the Bearcats, and was deemed not very coachable. Even he admitted having some “bad interviews” with several teams.

- It doesn’t sound like Harbaugh had much input on personnel decisions when he was in SF. Supposedly that was one of major contentions he had with Trent Baalke.

According to this SI article quoting Tim Kawakami:

“Harbaugh has always had to cede control of personnel to Baalke, and after two sub-par drafts in a row (San Francisco's 2012 draft hasn't produced a single functional starter, and 2013 brought only safety Eric Reid), one wonders if Harbaugh is a bit agitated at the lack of new talent coming in the room.“

Jim Harbaugh (left) and Trent Baalke have had an interesting professional relationship. (Paul Sakuma/AP) The news last week that the Cleveland Brownstried to

Comment

Working...
                          X