• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

it was from the 2022 draft, man.. Zion ended up being the pick. He was right.
    ahhh, thanks JB! i didnt notice the date.

I wanted a dominating DT in that draft, I recall it now. we still have DT as a top need, sadly.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It is ALL subject to differing opinions and debate, Cat.
      One thing is for certain.
      Each of your legitimate concerns has been addressed, satisfactorily, even correctly, or not by the real experts.
      Yours and dmac's ELITE draftnik status is confirmed.
      Grind on.
      But you better get it right by April 25.
      We'll find out soon, agree.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If they truly want to run the ball and protect the QB... then Alt is definitely not a reach.
        The latest he goes in mocks is @#7. If we don't take him, the Titans will. The Jets would love to have him @#10. They might even trade up to #5... if they believe we will take him @#5.

In the end, if the Cardinals trade back to #11 and leave MHJ there @#5... let the Cardinals know that he is ours (and Cards are stuck @#11 with the Big-3 off the board). And if they really want him they can trade the #11 and #23 pick to get him.... otherwise, FU... he's ours.

It makes no sense for the Cards to trade back with the Vikings. If anyone is "generational" in this draft, it is MHJ.
        I agree. They have everything that they need right now, regarding picks. I don't see the point in making that trade last year only to do it all over again when they have a shot at someone like Harrison. It defeats the purpose.

If they truly want to run the ball and protect the QB...

Clearly, that's not the main concern for many on this forum.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Apparently Nabers is the best WR prospect Hortiz has ever seen…
          I'm finding that hard to believe.

First of all, I don't think he would let that out if he really believed it. The only way he lets that out is to make it more intriguing to move up to #5.

Secondly, Hortiz has been working in the NFL since 1998. Since 1998, Randy Moss (who fell because of character concerns), Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, and Julio Jones were drafted. I find it very hard to believe that Hortiz thinks Nabers is a better prospect than any of those wide receivers were coming out of college, particularly Calvin Johnson.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

It is ALL subject to differing opinions and debate, Cat.
            One thing is for certain.
            Each of your legitimate concerns has been addressed, satisfactorily, even correctly, or not by the real experts.
            Yours and dmac's ELITE draftnik status is confirmed.
            Grind on.
            But you better get it right by April 25.
            Wood, a big part of the fun of all this is guessing who will be drafted...then finding out if our predictions come true...or not...I'll say one thing...at least Trader Joe and Harbo have a proven record in comparison with the previous administration...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

And now I circle back to this post.
              Better than McGlinchey-not as good as Sewell.
              Of Sewell it was said predraft, he is immature as to work ethic, and a vet can guide him with that. Any perceived risk is worth it due to tremendous upside.
              Alt too is young. He is trending up and has excellent work ethic. This is a large part of projecting him being fine on the right side.

I think of impact. A complete quality offensive line from left to right would be central to our entire success. These weapons are very good. It is a very close judgement call. And again a debate we must have.

Now to spitball. Salyer is here to conduct serious business. Where's Pipkins ? I was patiently supporting his snail like development. We are not here to massage his testicles after Telesco gave him that contract. I think him, Spiller and Woods are going to get weeded out. I challenge these gentlemen to prove me wrong.

Prediction: Pipkins is traded to the Raiders for a round 6 pick.
              Wood, u could be right on Pip...that would be a Trader Joe type move, trading a player for a pick...I'd prefer to keep Pip around at least for depth...agree that Spiller and Woods probably don't make it to the final 53...Woods too much of a tackling liability, and I'll bet we draft a nice #1 bell cow RB in round 3 or so...then it's adios to Spiller and keep Dot in reserve on PS...
              (Or maybe Dot surprises in TC...)

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

ahhh, thanks JB! i didnt notice the date.

I wanted a dominating DT in that draft, I recall it now. we still have DT as a top need, sadly.
                The Bolts haven't invested in a top shelf DT since Corey Liuget in 2011...and even though he was mostly solid, he didn't exactly dominate...for that, u have to go back to Jamal Williams in the 1998 supplemental draft...oh, the Bolts did try, with Tillery in round 1 of 2019, but TT reached badly on that pick...aside from Liuget and Jamal, it's been a steady parade of JAGS...

Comment

• Duck of Death
                  Social Piranha
                  • May 2022
                  • Flyover, USA
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I'm finding that hard to believe.

First of all, I don't think he would let that out if he really believed it. The only way he lets that out is to make it more intriguing to move up to #5.

Secondly, Hortiz has been working in the NFL since 1998. Since 1998, Randy Moss (who fell because of character concerns), Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, and Julio Jones were drafted. I find it very hard to believe that Hortiz thinks Nabers is a better prospect than any of those wide receivers were coming out of college, particularly Calvin Johnson.
                  Likely well schooled in playing the smoke signal game during liar’s month.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Have you guys watched the tape on Fuaga? It’s at times comical what he does to opposing players. He just rag dolls players around the field.
                    Has Alt gone up against anyone comparable to Latu?
                    Fuaga had little problems with him.

I watched Alt against Ohio State a ways back; I remember him having some problems starting out but settled down.
                    I think that was the game where Alt got rag dolled by a DT, something you never want to see from a #5 pick.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wood, u could be right on Pip...that would be a Trader Joe type move, trading a player for a pick...I'd prefer to keep Pip around at least for depth...agree that Spiller and Woods probably don't make it to the final 53...Woods too much of a tackling liability, and I'll bet we draft a nice #1 bell cow RB in round 3 or so...then it's adios to Spiller and keep Dot in reserve on PS...
                      (Or maybe Dot surprises in TC...)
                      Chargers got a 6th for some Olineman who was originally a rookie free agent awhile back.
                      I can't even remember his name ...

No way they get rid of Pip for a 6th, particularly to the Raiders.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The Bolts haven't invested in a top shelf DT since Corey Liuget in 2011...and even though he was mostly solid, he didn't exactly dominate...for that, u have to go back to Jamal Williams in the 1998 supplemental draft...oh, the Bolts did try, with Tillery in round 1 of 2019, but TT reached badly on that pick...aside from Liuget and Jamal, it's been a steady parade of JAGS...
                        Luis Castillo was a 1rst rounder in the 2005 draft.
                        Dick Vermiel raved about him in 2006.

I liked him more than most here ..... but injuries slowed down his career.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Chargers got a 6th for some Olineman who was originally a rookie free agent awhile back.
                          I can't even remember his name ...

No way they get rid of Pip for a 6th, particularly to the Raiders.
                          With his salary (and feet), that would a steal; even more, a gift to our D when we play them.
                          🙃

Comment

Working...
                          X