• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I thought we were picking at #5, how the hell do you have us picking at #11? I think that's a bit presumptuous, while it makes logical sense to trade with Minnesota, the fact remains it's not a done deal until it's done deal...The Vikings are in love with Maye and they might have to go higher than #5 to get him...BTW, Bowers is one of the BPAs in this entire draft, I've never subscribed to this idea that somehow he's not worth the 5th pick, he's not just a TE, the guy is an offensive weapon and would be going to a team that is putting a premium on the TE position going forward...
    I already put up my scenario if we stay put at #5. That pick will not be Bowers. #11 is the pick if we trade down with the Vikings. Conjecture for sure.

No real information on who the Vikings like. Remember it's liar's month. They sent a whole crew to watch McCarthy's Pro Day. So I don't buy
    the talk of the Viking being in love with Maye.

If the first four picks are QBs then the #1 guy @5 is MH2 not Bowers. We don't have a #1 WR, may not even have a legit #2. So if we stay @5
    the pick should be MH2 or Nabers.

So if Bowers is to become a Charger it will be via a trade down. Now it depends on how far down we trade and our big board, which nobody
    knows.

Comment

• LarryAW
      Chargers fan since 1970
      • Sep 2018
      • Chula Vista, CA
      • retired paralegal/court reporter
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Derek Cox CB was signed at the beginning of Telesco's reign of terror.
      Telesco waived him before long.

My prediction is Hortiz and staff are gonna kill it.
      At least Telesco seemed to be a nice person. Therefore, I see it more as a reign of error.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Parham is actually a decent run blocker. Serious redzone threat.

In redzone situations. Imagine 1-formation with fullback and Gus Edwards' 239lbs back there flanked by a 4-TE set up front. Is that even possible?
        He is and he's also a decent pass blocker as well...I'm not sure where this idea about his blocking being bad comes from, he's no Pupunu or Manumaleuna but he's decent and he's a credible threat not just in the redzone but in crucial 3rd down situations as well, I continue to like Parham as a complementary piece, they can't all be #1 guys...
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
          The Minnesota Vikings are not drafting Drake Maye. He’s going 2 to Washington.
          Maye is my favorite QB in this draft, he get's compared to herbert a lot and sometimes I don't like comparing guys like that but damn, he does have a LOT in common with Justin in the way he moves and throws the ball...it's kind of spooky...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I can see the Chargers drafting TE for sure. Whether it's Bowers, Sinnott, Wiley from TCU, the TX kid - Donald Parham, Dissly and Hurst will not stop the Chargers from drafting TE. Parham might be released after the draft
            why would they release parham? the way that they are going to be using TEs on this offense they need at least 4 guys on the roster, Dissly, Hurst, Parham, and a 2024 draft pick are the most likely scenarios unless you think they should keep Stone Smart over Parham?

in any case all these guys should be going to TC, now if you would've said Parham will be cut by the end of the summer then you might have something...but Donald is cheap, he has experience and he has history with Herbert, after all this turnover his position might be more secure than ever given the TE centric approach of this new offense...

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2024
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Why do you think that? Hurst is on a 1 year deal and Dissly is an in-line blocking TE. Bowers is way more than just a pass catching TE.
              I almost think Hurst was brought in to be a tone setter and help teach the rookies Romans offense and specifically could be here to mentor a new TE his offense.
              Same for Mason. I think these 2 guys are as much players as they are culture guys that are going to set the example to the rest of the team as to what’s expected of a Harbaugh led team day to day.
              Did you happen to listen to the TE/Running game Coordinator Coach Bischoff's press conference? It's a great listen. He goes into great depth of his thoughts on both Dissly and Hurst as well as the TE room overall. I think you are tremendously underselling their thoughts on Hurst. I know I honestly didn't expect that they see Hurst as Coach described him.
              If they see Hurst like that then in order to draft Bowers, they would have to believe he's a Gold Jacket guy day #1.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, we dont know how it will go and it might be all for nothing as we stay at 5. Just dont know. I just am a little burned out discussiong it lol. I do think our first pick will be OT, WR or TE. If we trade down to 11 by chance i think our first pick is OT, TE. Bowers just too good a fit for us to not consider him.
                This is where I'm at as well. There has been some great discussion but now it seems like we are just going around in circles. Can't wait till the draft gets here and to see how this all shakes out.
                1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

I already put up my scenario if we stay put at #5. That pick will not be Bowers. #11 is the pick if we trade down with the Vikings. Conjecture for sure.

No real information on who the Vikings like. Remember it's liar's month. They sent a whole crew to watch McCarthy's Pro Day. So I don't buy
                  the talk of the Viking being in love with Maye.

If the first four picks are QBs then the #1 guy @5 is MH2 not Bowers. We don't have a #1 WR, may not even have a legit #2. So if we stay @5
                  the pick should be MH2 or Nabers.

So if Bowers is to become a Charger it will be via a trade down. Now it depends on how far down we trade and our big board, which nobody
                  knows.
                  IDK, I think the best thing is probably to stay in the top ten, maybe 9th might be the lowest they should trade down, trading with NY would be ideal if a QB that they want is still available, then either pick at 6 or do another short trade with Chicago or Tennessee depending on what they want...pick up a couple extra picks maybe another 3rd and maybe another 4rth rounder and future mid round picks would be ideal...I can see them trading down a bit in round 2 as well...it doesn't have to be the big splash trade down...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

Did you happen to listen to the TE/Running game Coordinator Coach Bischoff's press conference? It's a great listen. He goes into great depth of his thoughts on both Dissly and Hurst as well as the TE room overall. I think you are tremendously underselling their thoughts on Hurst. I know I honestly didn't expect that they see Hurst as Coach described him.
                    If they see Hurst like that then in order to draft Bowers, they would have to believe he's a Gold Jacket guy day #1.
                    It's that time of year, you can't take a press conference and spill your strategy to the league, if other teams see you are trading down a couple of spots they might assume you aren't interested in Bowers and then you take him anyway, it's all about the misdirection this time of year, Hurst signed a minimum deal for a reason, they can talk him up all they want but his medical is a HUGE concern, guy had amnesia from his concussion, that sounds pretty bad to me...

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2024
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agreed. Except for maybe Alohi Gilman - the Chargers did not sign one player that they cannot draft the same position. Hurst is a one year deal so Bowers is sitll an option
                      Hurst is on a 1-Year deal because this front office is brilliant and understands "positional value".
                      They are getting Hurst at tremendous financial value by paying him $1,125,000 million to see if he can stay healthy and then they can renegotiate an extension after this season. It didn't make sense to give him a multiyear deal........

because he's getting paid $9,863,334 million this year by the Panthers to play TE for the Chargers. This is the case because they released him in spite of his salary being fully guaranteed for the 2024 season.
                      It's brilliant business by Hortiz & Company.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                        Day One...
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Brentwood, 94513
                        • Send PM

I won’t get too excited until there is a trade. It would be amazing to get two picks in the first round. But it also might be a good move to trade down in the second, for teams looking at above at the top. Either way, we all can’t wait to see how this new era of Charger football starts…Who’s got it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

This is where I'm at as well. There has been some great discussion but now it seems like we are just going around in circles. Can't wait till the draft gets here and to see how this all shakes out.
                          at this point -- pretty much

Good thing I will be out of town from next Thursday to Tuesday - so that means will not be around the forum - until back for the draft!

Comment

Working...
                          X