We Need to Cut Kenneth Murray (or not...)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...after Vato got his big fat deal, his play declined...(though he was up and down before)...then, there's JCJ...ugh...
    Vato is a bad example to use since he plays a premium position at least in CB. He had a down 2021, great 2022 season, and mixed 2023 so far. But I think he’s played up to what his contract was.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
      Outback Goon
      • Sep 2018
      • Australia
      • Send PM

different culture now

Staley has shown he doesnt care about your money contract, you dont play well you get benched and traded *cough JCJ cough*

So there is no need to worry about K9 getting fat contract and getting lazy, he has seen what happens firsthand.

Comment

• AFboltfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2018
        • Balboa Park bench
        • Medical Simulation
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
        different culture now

Staley has shown he doesnt care about your money contract, you dont play well you get benched and traded *cough JCJ cough*

So there is no need to worry about K9 getting fat contract and getting lazy, he has seen what happens firsthand.
        That's only if you assume the love for football outweighs the love of money, with most players that is not the case. K9's sudden ability to play to his draft position just screams big contract decline next season...

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

That's only if you assume the love for football outweighs the love of money, with most players that is not the case. K9's sudden ability to play to his draft position just screams big contract decline next season...
          Yep...hence my analogy: K9 in contract year = bulldog...K9 after getting big fat contract: Back to weenie dog...
          (Whether it's with the Bolts or some other team...)

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

So the forum has talked itself into concluding that re-signing any player is a bad idea? Good grief - ok, lets do some cocktail napkin math and estimate how destructive your knee-jerk half-baked new strategy is:

assume:
            Avg contract is 4 yrs
            Roster is 53 players
            Nobody is re-signed

Chargers have to find 53/4 new players each season, every season - 12 new players per year on the roster, 13 every 4th year.

We get 7 draft picks - every draft pick has to be high quality and able to play, every year.
            Still need another 5 UDFAs that all can also play immediately.

what are the odds that all 7 draft picks pan out and 5 NFL-quality UDFAs are magically found every year? How many times have the Chargers done this before? How many times has ANY team ever done this 3 yeas in a row, much less every year forever?

The answer is zero. There is no possible way it will ever work. You guys just destroyed the team with your crackpot theory of never re-signing players, good job.

The team will implode in Year 2 or 3 of your new management strategy and never recover. Oh - and you’ll violate the league Cap rules and have to pay the money in fines anyway.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• AFboltfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2018
              • Balboa Park bench
              • Medical Simulation
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
              So the forum has talked itself into concluding that re-signing any player is a bad idea? Good grief - ok, lets do some cocktail napkin math and estimate how destructive your knee-jerk half-baked new strategy is:

assume:
              Avg contract is 4 yrs
              Roster is 53 players
              Nobody is re-signed

Chargers have to find 53/4 new players each season, every season - 12 new players per year on the roster, 13 every 4th year.

We get 7 draft picks - every draft pick has to be high quality and able to play, every year.
              Still need another 5 UDFAs that all can also play immediately.

what are the odds that all 7 draft picks pan out and 5 NFL-quality UDFAs are magically found every year? How many times have the Chargers done this before? How many times has ANY team ever done this 3 yeas in a row, much less every year forever?

The answer is zero. There is no possible way it will ever work. You guys just destroyed the team with your crackpot theory of never re-signing players, good job.

The team will implode in Year 2 or 3 of your new management strategy and never recover. Oh - and you’ll violate the league Cap rules and have to pay the money in fines anyway.
              Typical over-reactive response... Nobody is saying that. K9 has been a disaster his whole career, its easy to see where this leads. Regarding retaining players, you're not wrong... We should have kept Nwosu.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Typical over-reactive response... Nobody is saying that. K9 has been a disaster his whole career, its easy to see where this leads. Regarding retaining players, you're not wrong... We should have kept Nwosu.
                I didnt say a single word about K9’s whole career. I responded to multiple posts just before mine that said to let him walk and not resign him because players that are re-signed don’t perform. I extrapolated the obvious ridiculous conclusion of this position.

This is another typical post of you denying what you wrote, and making up new claims to attack. I’ll repost it here to remind everyone:

(Says AF): That's only if you assume the love for football outweighs the love of money, with most players that is not the case. K9's sudden ability to play to his draft position just screams big contract decline next season...
                you literally wrote that K9 will have a big decline next season as you agreed with a prior post he should not be re-signed. So you now do want to sign K9 or you don’t? Who can tell with your schizophrenic posts?

I’ll go on record - absolutely sign him, he’s going to be even better next year than he is now. Kendricks is the one to part with if a tough money decision is needed, not K9.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2023
                  • Send PM

This is an opinion.

He's had a good year, this year: so i assume you mean the previous 3.

Well, he came on the 2nd half of his rookie season: so let's ignore that.

His 3rd year was marred by a training camp injury,
                  and year two had the tragic death of his brother right before the season,
                  along with being cross trained as a defensive end ( how did that work out again?).

He was drafted partially due to his character .... coming from a very disciplined family.

I'd try to resign him .... 5th round comp draft choice be damned!

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Ontario , Canada
                    • Send PM

The D looks much better and he an Eric Kendricks fly to the fall and are making great plays many behind the LOS. The LB play has been great, part of why we are #3 in rush D. It seems they have finally found something and have a good LB unit so keep it all intact IMO.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2018
                      • Balboa Park bench
                      • Medical Simulation
                      • Send PM

I didnt say a single word about K9’s whole career. I responded to multiple posts just before mine that said to let him walk and not resign him because players that are re-signed don’t perform. I extrapolated the obvious ridiculous conclusion of this position.

This is another typical post of you denying what you wrote, and making up new claims to attack. I’ll repost it here to remind everyone:

you literally wrote that K9 will have a big decline next season as you agreed with a prior post he should not be re-signed. So you now do want to sign K9 or you don’t? Who can tell with your schizophrenic posts?

I’ll go on record - absolutely sign him, he’s going to be even better next year than he is now. Kendricks is the one to part with if a tough money decision is needed, not K9.
                      Where did you get in my last post or any other post regarding K9 that I want to resign him???

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Where did you get in my last post or any other post regarding K9 that I want to resign him???
                        I did not say you want to re-sign him, I asked you if you do or don’t as your last two posts were either contradictory and just randomly confusing. Do you need help reading my posts, a question is a question. Do you need me to repost the two things you said again?

Let me know, I’ll help. this third post seems to support your first one - you do not want to re-sign him. Who can tell, though. Lol.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2018
                          • Balboa Park bench
                          • Medical Simulation
                          • Send PM

I did not say you want to re-sign him, I asked you if you do or don’t as your last two posts were either contradictory and just randomly confusing. Do you need help reading my posts, a question is a question. Do you need me to repost the two things you said again?

Let me know, I’ll help. this third post seems to support your first one - you do not want to re-sign him. Who can tell, though. Lol.
                          You're strange...

Comment

Working...
                          X