Chargers (-1.5) vs Vikings Pregame Discussion (Wk 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Jackson with single man coverage. Hahahaha.

Staley would say his scheme is perfect….players just need to execute.

My guess is this scheme will soon execute Staley.
    This is funny!
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

This game will be won or lost by our pass rush. Those guys need to show up. Staley would never say it but that Jacksonville game was lost by our big $$ failing to get it done. When you spent $200+million combined on a pass rush and you have a 20 point 2nd half lead on the road you expect those guys to pin their ears back and put the game away.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Chargers coaching and organization is so stupid....... when you draft Spiller who universally was a top 3 RB in nation in college.... Chargers stupidly prevent him from playing because hes not great at ST's........ NOT EVERYONE has to play ST's!!!.....

Spiller has had very few carries in real games.... with zero blocking.... Spiller runs like Bijan or Kurt warner....style wise... he has great elusiveness and knows how to juke his way through traffic.... way more overall skills than Kelly or Dobson..... if they actually wanted a running game.....[/LIST]
        Sorry man but I went to A&M. Me and my college roomate watched Spillers dad Derek Spiller play when we were in college. He was a tight end. When his son signed with A&M we were excited to see him. He got a ton of carries at A&M over his career, but I'm 100% confident in stating in the NFL he's a JAG. Every other NFL team has 3 or 4 guys just like him on their roster & practice squad. Not much burst, not much elusiveness, not much power. His best attribute is he'll consistently get you what's there and won't fumble the ball, but I think Kelly at this point is a better back as he's shown some good burst and an occasional ability to pick up more than what's there.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
          This game will be won or lost by our pass rush. Those guys need to show up. Staley would never say it but that Jacksonville game was lost by our big $$ failing to get it done. When you spent $200+million combined on a pass rush and you have a 20 point 2nd half lead on the road you expect those guys to pin their ears back and put the game away.
          The Chargers spent a lot of draft capital to get Mack and spent money for him; Bosa too

You are right - the best players on the team need to show up and make plays to win games. We have seen Crosby do it for the Raiders, TJ Watt, now Micah Parsons

Its up to Bosa and Mack to be the leaders and make plays. As cannot cover DBs all day - Cousins needs to be hit

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
            I was most disappointed in our lack of offense. The D gave us that lead on a silver platter with takeaways and we were able to do nothing with it.
            All failed. Coaching, offense, defense and special teams.
            QB pressure against Min will be huge but I'm looking for Moore's offensive run game to carry the day.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I was most disappointed in our lack of offense. The D gave us that lead on a silver platter with takeaways and we were able to do nothing with it.
              All failed. Coaching, offense, defense and special teams.
              QB pressure against Min will be huge but I'm looking for Moore's offensive run game to carry the day.
              The offense also gave the defense the lead and the defense gave it away. It is a four quarter game and the defense gave up a touchdown in 3 plays when the score was 11 zip, a FG before halftime and a TD coming out of halftime (good penalty by SJD to help make that a TD and not a FG). Offense also gave the defense the lead in the 4th quarter and though as you rightly state, the offense had a couple bad possessions - the defense could have made another stop. They didn't.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Damn i did not realize Bosa only played 19 snaps last week. Need him healthy. Tall ask i know. But he and Tuli could really help things. And i just assume Henley start and just keep that spot. Get him acclimated for the future. Not sure Hendricks is ready yet anyways. Question is does he play alongside Murray or will they go with Niemann? Only way we stop this vikings offense is with consistent pressure and with 4 or less rushing. If Kirk has all day we are so screwed. And he is a little more mobile in the pocket than we think.

Man i just dont trust that Staley can make this work on that side of the ball.

If the league had NFL Jeopardy gameshow i have no doubt Staley would win. He is really smart. But the guy cant coach. He cant create anything that works for what he has. And he has the most expensive D in the league. I am so down on the guy....lol

But cheers to Moore and the offense at least producing. If this D could make stops and get the ball back in the hands of Herbert and the O....i think we could have even more points. Feel like the pressure of having to score every drive isnt good for Herbs though. Forces him to press a little.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The offense also gave the defense the lead and the defense gave it away. It is a four quarter game and the defense gave up a touchdown in 3 plays when the score was 11 zip, a FG before halftime and a TD coming out of halftime (good penalty by SJD to help make that a TD and not a FG). Offense also gave the defense the lead in the 4th quarter and though as you rightly state, the offense had a couple bad possessions - the defense could have made another stop. They didn't.
                  Pretty sure he was talking about the Jags game.

But you seem to have left out the end of Q4. We were in the red zone and came away with 3. A TD and we win the game. That's on the offense. What happened in overtime?
                  3 and out. Then the D failed. That's the just of of. Did both sides fail, yes. But if your a good offense you put the game away. We didn't. If your a bad defense you can't
                  stop anybody, we are.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

..And Dicker missed a makeable FG for the W, Scott had his worst punt of the year, etc, etc.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Pretty sure he was talking about the Jags game.

But you seem to have left out the end of Q4. We were in the red zone and came away with 3. A TD and we win the game. That's on the offense. What happened in overtime?
                      3 and out. Then the D failed. That's the just of of. Did both sides fail, yes. But if your a good offense you put the game away. We didn't. If your a bad defense you can't
                      stop anybody, we are.
                      Oh my mistake

I am still blaming not giving the defense a pass in that game either

I see what you are saying but the side of the ball that needs to improve is the defense. They need to step it up

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Oh my mistake

I am still blaming not giving the defense a pass in that game either

I see what you are saying but the side of the ball that needs to improve is the defense. They need to step it up
                        We know that already. There is only about 5 thousand posts on how bad our defense is.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

You guys don't get it - Staley's defense is the "Hold Them Under 50 Defense". So far, it's working as planned.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X