Chargers (-1.5) vs Vikings Pregame Discussion (Wk 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I wish Staley could come up with a scheme his players can execute. I realize every D in the league has the same struggle, but c’mon, some things are obvious, like leaving the best WRs in single coverage. Don’t let one player beat you, do what you need to to take that guy out of the equation, you’ll stand a much better chance defending the entire rest of the O, force those other guys to work together as a unit to beat you, cuz that’s much harder/more moving parts/more opportunities for mistakes.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
      Going 0-3 before playing the Cowboys on national TV, can’t let that happen. A win at Minnesota is crucial, not necessarily in regards to the standings. It’s crucial to determine if Staley has or hasn’t totally lost the locker room. Lose to the Vikes and an almost certain loss to the Cowboys and Staley will definitely be replaced by Moore as interim HC at the bye. So let it be written, so let it be done.
      We play the 'fade before the cowboy game. I think an 0-4 home loss to the 'fade would definitely lead to some people cleaning out their locker.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

I can't wait to read TPB when we beat the Cowboys and keep them under 21 points.
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• MagicMamba88
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            What is Ekeler's status for this game? I believe his absence in Tenn was the difference between winning and losing. They need him on the field.
            He DNP yesterday. Sounds like he doesn't want to play unless he's close to 100% aka not taking any chances or sacrificing for the franchise

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He DNP yesterday. Sounds like he doesn't want to play unless he's close to 100% aka not taking any chances or sacrificing for the franchise
              Well he has those contract incentives that he is motivated to reach, each game he doesn't play puts him farther away from reaching them. So I think he will play if at all possible. I also just think that is the type of player he is.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Sure, Cousins is 2nd in the league in QB Pass yards, with a 72% completion and 114 rating, but he has not faced the angry buzzsaw that is the LAC Secondary. Meanwhile, Herbert cleverly lulled the league into thinking he will sit in the pocket until he's knocked down. This Sunday he reveals his super-whammy leg power and runs for 100+ yards on top of his 300+ pass yards.

LAC Wins - Lets Go Chargers, Flip that Shit already!

ok, fuck - I don't know what will happen other than its gonna be an exciting game with two dynamic offenses and two defenses that have yet to show up this year. My plan is to be very entertained and hopefully happy at the end
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

If we had Ekeler I'd say run the football, eat up the clock and keep Jefferson on the sidelines. Also our D doesn't yet have a turnover. If there was ever a time
                  to get one or a couple this would be it. Our front seven showed signs of life last Sunday, so maybe they can rattle Cousins into a couple fumbles, interceptions.

Alas probably no Ekeler. So it's back to air wars. I don't think Kelly/Spiller/Dobson can get the job done even with the Vikings bad run D.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

Those two blow-by plays, the first on Asante, the second on M Davis, is what killed the Chargers.

Neither of the receivers are particularly good. Treylon Burks, who burned Asante, has vastly underperformed his draft position last year. Chris Moore, who burned Michael Davis, is a 30 year old journeyman WR who ran a 4.53 40 at the Combine in 2016. He he was able to blow past Davis, who has sub-4.4 speed, I still can't figure it out.

Both of those blow-bys led to Titan TDs. Until Asante gave up the 70 yarder to Burks, the Chargers defense had been dominating the Titans' offense, sacking Tannehill and generally disrupting their passing game while holding Henry in check, holding the Titans scoreless.

Both passes were on first down with two tight end sets. The defense was focused on stopping Henry and both Asante and M Davis were caught flat-footed and unprepared.

Is not Staley in these guys' ears not to let this happen? After it happened once, is he not having a convo with his secondary to make sure it doesn't happen again? It's maddening to watch. It led to 14 pts for the Titans who had been scoreless until late in the 2nd Q.

It's a lack of awareness, it's a lack of coaching communicating with their players what to be prepared for.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      I wish Staley could come up with a scheme his players can execute. I realize every D in the league has the same struggle, but c’mon, some things are obvious, like leaving the best WRs in single coverage. Don’t let one player beat you, do what you need to to take that guy out of the equation, you’ll stand a much better chance defending the entire rest of the O, force those other guys to work together as a unit to beat you, cuz that’s much harder/more moving parts/more opportunities for mistakes.
                      Agree..... one thing is starting a game that way, butt never adjusting when the original plan is failing big time???....

That one of many reasons why his job is on the line.....

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Well Herbert has spoken. That’s a ringing endorsement of Stayley. We gotta play together.

that’s a leader. We can’t play selfish.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

The story for a long time is they were ruthless cheap slum lords......
                          Man Kudos to you. Great research what an article. Great job. I had no idea about any of that. Baron Hilton was a Chargers owner. Baron Hilton as in Paris Hilton’s grandfather? Wow.

Comment

Working...
                          X