• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Sure but we're not talking about championships. We're talking about the Chargers. Stupid plays, bad coaching, also leads to a losing record.
    NE has a good defense, but they are not winning a championship with that offense. NYJ have a great defense, they are not winning a championship
    with that offense.
    That's right. We are going the other way.

NE has a good defense, not great. The great defense wins championships. We have a bad defense and the good offense will get us anywhere from 8-9 to 10-7. Our defense with NE offense gets you in last place and fired.

Comment

• mudwhistle
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2023
      • Clarksville TN
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Sure but we're not talking about championships. We're talking about the Chargers. Stupid plays, bad coaching, also leads to a losing record.
      NE has a good defense, but they are not winning a championship with that offense. NYJ have a great defense, they are not winning a championship
      with that offense.
      Staley talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.
      I don't see any adjustments after halftime in any game.
      He puts in a plan....and sticks to the plan no matter what happens during the game.
      #1 issue, he doesn't have an AAron Donald in the middle on the Defense, but he calls plays like he does.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That's right. We are going the other way.

NE has a good defense, not great. The great defense wins championships. We have a bad defense and the good offense will get us anywhere from 8-9 to 10-7. Our defense with NE offense gets you in last place and fired.
        NY Jets had a great defense last year. Didn't even make the POs.

I don't think our offense all that good last year. We won 9/10 games against losing teams. We were outscored 24-3 against the Jags in the 2nd half after a 27-7 lead in the first.
        Thanks to 5 turnovers. We lost a critical game to the Raiders with the PO on the line. Thankfully we were able to overcome that loss.

Of course we had major injuries on both sides of the ball. That was the excuse last year. We'll have to see about this year.

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by mudwhistle View Post

He puts in a plan....and sticks to the plan no matter what happens during the game.
          #1 issue, he doesn't have an AAron Donald in the middle on the Defense, but he calls plays like he does.
          He has a scheme which doesn't seem to fit our personnel. I don't see a lot of stunts or blitz packages either. James is the only blitz package
          that works once in a while. We have no interior pressure on pass downs whatsoever. TT has done nothing to fix that situation.

If we don't make the POs both Staley and TT should be history.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

I’ll drop this here and see who can figure out what it’s telling us …

image.png
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Fix the offense?
              simple.
              Do everything they said they were going to do when Moore got hired.
              And involve the guys you just drafted.

Dont be afraid of throwing interceptions. Challenge coverages downfield. Aggression, aggression aggression.

Start fast and finish strong-- I've heard that somewhere.
              2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

NY Jets had a great defense last year. Didn't even make the POs.

I don't think our offense all that good last year. We won 9/10 games against losing teams. We were outscored 24-3 against the Jags in the 2nd half after a 27-7 lead in the first.
                Thanks to 5 turnovers. We lost a critical game to the Raiders with the PO on the line. Thankfully we were able to overcome that loss.

Of course we had major injuries on both sides of the ball. That was the excuse last year. We'll have to see about this year.
                It wasn't great. It was good. And they had a bust at QB. Still do. Our offense was and is much better than the Jets. Even when Hebrert had busted rib cartilage.

We can have the #1 offense but having a crap defens, as in last or next to last I don't believe wins SBs.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  Fix the offense?
                  simple.
                  Do everything they said they were going to do when Moore got hired.
                  And involve the guys you just drafted.

Dont be afraid of throwing interceptions. Challenge coverages downfield. Aggression, aggression aggression.

Start fast and finish strong-- I've heard that somewhere.
                  This!

Thank you.

That's what I have been screaming for the last what 11 games? I am a huge Herbert fan, however I am a realist. I love taking care of the ball believe me, but there is such a thing as being overly cautious. Where is the aggression?

Where is that rookie flash? Break out of the pocket, throw on the run get freaking overly aggressive. Oh and FFS play QJ he's caught everything thrown at him. Instead of this easy out route. How about a route with the potential for YAC you know.... The reason why he was drafted? QJ with an underneath drag route. Why have I not seen that?

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

The problem has always been that Tom Telesco doesn't draft the biggest and the fastest. He's doing the same thing he did when he was in Indy. He drafts good players, but they usually end up being shoved all over the field by teams like KC, Pittsburgh, Dallas, SF, Tenn. We have edge rushers but no pressure up the middle. And we always draft slow WRs and small RBs. Management isn't doing everything they can to win now. They just want to compete. That's about it.
                    Whoa nice post! I'm glad someone other than me notices!

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Chart below is outdated but interesting. Tom Telesco is in the Top 8 GMs in length of tenure, with Keim out in Arizona, Kevin Colbert out in Pittsburgh. Rick Spielman out in Minnesota, Elway, Mayock and Ryan Pace in Chicago, Dave Gettleman, Jon Robinson are gone as well.

GM Tom Telesco has a 79-85 record. Took him 11 seasons.

KC Chiefs GM Brett Veach's record is 75-25. He will surpass Telesco's career win total in 7 years.

Telesco.png

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                        FUdean
                        • Dec 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                        I’ll drop this here and see who can figure out what it’s telling us …

image.png
                        The FUdeans have to many GWD 4QCB ???

Comment

• mudwhistle
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2023
                          • Clarksville TN
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

He has a scheme which doesn't seem to fit our personnel. I don't see a lot of stunts or blitz packages either. James is the only blitz package
                          that works once in a while. We have no interior pressure on pass downs whatsoever. TT has done nothing to fix that situation.

If we don't make the POs both Staley and TT should be history.
                          Mike Tyson said "Everyone has a plan till you get punched in the mouth".

Staley never adjusts once he gets punched in the mouth.

Comment

Working...
                          X