• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

We need a defense, offense is fine, the offense needs a wingman, a partner who can relay on, a defense who can stop the other team, they can't do it all by themselves.

Comment

• mudwhistle
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2023
      • Clarksville TN
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
      We need a defense, offense is fine, the offense needs a wingman, a partner who can relay on, a defense who can stop the other team, they can't do it all by themselves.
      Doesn't matter how many points you score if you can't stop the other team from scoring more than you whenever they want.
      When you stock your interior line with players that can't start on other teams, you're going to lose a lot of games.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

i see a huge problem on defense and i also see problems with the offense. defense is just straight hot garbage.

offense - Herbert needs to be a threat in the run game. you can tell teams don't worry about Herbert in that part of the game because all he does is just sit there and hope his slow ass WRs can get open.

getting tired of the plays where he just takes the sack or throws the ball way instead of improvising with his legs more often.

Herbert needs to gain 500 yards rushing and at least 4 to 5 tds bare minimum for this season.

Staley needs to be fired if they don't win this next game.

Telesco should of been fired like 7 years ago.
        Last edited by MagicMamba88; 09-19-2023, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• mudwhistle
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2023
          • Clarksville TN
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
          i see a huge problem on defense and i also see problems with the offense. defense is just straight hot garbage.

offense - Herbert needs to be a threat in the run game. you can tell teams don't worry about Herbert in that part of the game because all he does is just sit there and hope his slow ass WRs can get open.

getting tired of the plays where he just takes the sack or throws the ball way instead of improvising with his legs more often.

Herbert needs to gain 500 yards rushing and at least 4 to 5 tds bare minimum for this season.

Staley needs to be fired if they don't win this next game.

Telesco should of been fired like 7 years ago.
          Herbert should only run when nobody's open, and only as a last resort.
          If he gets hurt, the season is over with because we don't have anyone who can win to replace him.

Comment

• SuperCharged
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Utah
            • Midnight Toker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by mudwhistle View Post

Mike Tyson said "Everyone has a plan till you get punched in the mouth".

Staley never adjusts once he gets punched in the mouth.
            That Tyreek Hill 2nd half was maddening. I was screaming at the TV for double teams. They never came and our man D of Hill looked just silly.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
              First, you are right, Telesco needs to go

Second, you fix the offense by improving the defense. When is the last time they had a defense that was nails. Maybe when it was Jamal, Junior and Rodney that one year - that defense was so good and because the offense was so bad - Junior said they always barely had time to get water, catch their breathe, 3 and out and done. If the Chargers had that defense with this offense, nobody would be saying "Whats wrong with the offense" or "herbert is over-rated"

I don't give a damn what Bosa does indivdiually, Mack or even James - I just see the bottom line and its a bottom 5 defense since Herbert took over as QB

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

If he gets hurt, the season is over with because we don't have anyone who can win to replace him.
                which is the reason why i said he needs to improvise more.

not going to be able to rely on the hot garbage defense this year again.

so he needs to take matters into his own and start doing more with his legs if his guys can't open.

create more time for his WRs by scrambling and also by gaining yardage.

if he did these things they wouldn't be terrible on 3rd downs.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

I disagree. He should run they should design runs for him. If Daniel Jones who is slow can rush 9 times for 60 yards then Herbert can as well. Herbert is faster, stronger, more athletic than Jones, Mahomes, and Allen. He needs to be way more aggressive imo.

Herbert was injured in the pocket. So he can get injured anywhere. He should run at a minimum of 3 times a game. With the slide rule it's pretty safe running now days.

Sorry my browser went a little haywire.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

You should be. The O line pass blocking doesn't look so hot. Third down conversion rate is in the cellar. Herbert has not impressed. Play calling looks suspect.
                    Ekeler is out, indefinitely. Did I miss something? Oh yeah Staley is our HC.
                    Anybody watching the O at critical times should be worried about it, 2-12 out rate, zero game-winning points with multiple tries, bad OL blocking, a nervous QB not seeing the field, top scorer in the league (who’s also the best chip blocker we have) sitting out…yeah, no worries.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It wasn't great. It was good. And they had a bust at QB. Still do. Our offense was and is much better than the Jets. Even when Hebrert had busted rib cartilage.

We can have the #1 offense but having a crap defens, as in last or next to last I don't believe wins SBs.
                      The Jets and Eagles allowed the fewest yards per play. The Jets were a top 5 D in almost every category. That's a great defense.

Our you seriously comparing our O with the Jets when I just told you they were a great D team that missed the PO? Why do you think they missed the PO,
                      because their O was so great? Common man use your brain.

Last year we did not have the #1 offense, not even close. This year we've only played 2 games. Statistics mean next to nothing at this stage in the game.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Doesn't matter how many points you score if you can't stop the other team from scoring more than you whenever they want.
                        True. But it cuts both ways, in Tenn the O put the D back on the field waaaaay too much, especially late. The D needs a reliable partner as much as the O needs one (sorry ST, no dance partner for you).

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

The Jets and Eagles allowed the fewest yards per play. The Jets were a top 5 D in almost every category. That's a great defense.

Our you seriously comparing our O with the Jets when I just told you they were a great D team that missed the PO? Why do you think they missed the PO,
                          because their O was so great? Common man use your brain.

Last year we did not have the #1 offense, not even close. This year we've only played 2 games. Statistics mean next to nothing at this stage in the game.
                          I never compared our O with the Jets. Not sure how you saw that.
                          You said they had a great D and I disagreed. It wasn't great.

A great D is the 85 Bears, 2000 or 2001 Ravens who had Trent Fucking Dilfer at QB. The Steel Curtain, The year the Giants won the SB with Parcels with Lawrence Taylor, Banks, Jim Burt, etc.

The Jets D were neither of those and they faded late.

Comment

Working...
                          X