• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Justin Herbert is third in passing yardage with 949. His 6 TD passes are tied for 5th. He leads the league in completion percentage at 74.4 percent. He's thrown no INTs. His passer rating is 112.9. The Chargers' offense is 6th in scoring. But hey, let's fix him.

Comment

• HerbieParadigm
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2022
      • Send PM

Herbert > 45 passes per game is underway. Next on display against Raiders is moving the pocket, rollouts, & bootlegs to create the "Pace & Space" and Herbert to show off his arm on splash plays. Via expression, "Unleash Hell".

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        Justin Herbert is third in passing yardage with 949. His 6 TD passes are tied for 5th. He leads the league in completion percentage at 74.4 percent. He's thrown no INTs. His passer rating is 112.9. The Chargers' offense is 6th in scoring. But hey, let's fix him.
        We know he needs no fixing at all. He needs just a dash of aggressiveness, a sprinkle of playmaking, and a couple more tasty 10 yard scrambles. Then you'll have a perfectly seasoned Justin Herbert.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          He is not the problem at all

He has to play at a very high level and that means not turning the ball over. So he just can't wing it all around because the defense is still below average

The margin for error is pretty small

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He is not the problem at all

He has to play at a very high level and that means not turning the ball over. So he just can't wing it all around because the defense is still below average

The margin for error is pretty small
            Ekeler already told us the issue. It's consistency. Then add in injuries and penalties.

Chargers had 12 penalties for 94 yards. Vikes were 6 for 45 yards.

To further refine the offense line play from Minnesota, we need the offensive line grades for the Chargers.

Comment

• AFboltfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2018
              • Balboa Park bench
              • Medical Simulation
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

How much better would Fournette be even with this Oline
              now I do understand better running backs can hit the hole faster, read the play etc
              But Fournette - with this blocking, I am not sure

But to this point, Spiller is not ready for the job to handle without Ekeler
              Yea Fournette would be a total crap shoot signing. Sometimes he looks great and other times he looks the opposite. For the right money I think it would be worth the gamble, maybe.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Grades are in. As I suspected...Trey Pipkens grade in run blocking was 49.1.

I fucking screamed repeatedly for a new RT. In return I was told how tough Pipkens was by Telesco. Fuck You, Telesco.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I fucking screamed repeatedly for a new RT. In return I was told how tough Pipkens was by Telesco. Fuck You, Telesco.
                  Pip just is what Pip is at this point

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

That 49 run blocking grade is almost 10 points higher than that of our blocking TE. Pipkins isn't great, but McKitty is awful.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

30 yards on 15 attempts. No need to look at O line blocking grades other than which guy was worse.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That 49 run blocking grade is almost 10 points higher than that of our blocking TE. Pipkins isn't great, but McKitty is awful.
                        Nick Vannett should be promoted and McKitty should be released

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
                          30 yards on 15 attempts. No need to look at O line blocking grades other than which guy was worse.
                          thats just garbage run blocking
                          2 ypc

and its not like the Vikings have a great defense

Comment

Working...
                          X