• Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Pip just is what Pip is at this point
    I believe there is a bigger picture being glossed over. To wit, did you see what Dallas did last year? They took an OT in the 1st Round and then took another in the 4th Round. Tyler Smith turned out to be the best OT in the 2022 draft and was moved to LG and T Matt Waletzo was getting reps in preseason behind Terrence Steele who is now at RT. They already had T Tyron Smith.
    2022 1 1 24 24 Tyler Smith T Tulsa
    2 2 24 56 Sam Williams DE Mississippi
    3 3 24 88 Jalen Tolbert WR South Alabama
    4 4 24 129 Jake Ferguson TE Wisconsin
    5 5 12 155 Matt Waletzko T North Dakota
    6 5 24 167 DaRon Bland DB Fresno State
    7 5 33 176 Damone Clark LB Louisiana State
    8 5 35 178 John Ridgeway DT Arkansas
    9 6 14 193 Devin Harper LB Oklahoma State
    ​

Chargers C-RG-RT were shit yesterday and the RBs took the abuse. When it is our moron GM and his inability as a football man to build a roster, and I've got 11 years of data to back it up.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

thats just garbage run blocking
      2 ypc

and its not like the Vikings have a great defense
      It's worse than that if you take out Herbert's 11 yards. 13 carries for 19 yards by our RB. This follows the 18 carries for 48 yards against the Titans by our RBs.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I believe there is a bigger picture being glossed over. To wit, did you see what Dallas did last year? They took an OT in the 1st Round and then took another in the 4th Round. Tyler Smith turned out to be the best OT in the 2022 draft and was moved to LG and T Matt Waletzo was getting reps in preseason behind Terrence Steele who is now at RT. They already had T Tyron Smith.
        2022 1 1 24 24 Tyler Smith T Tulsa
        2 2 24 56 Sam Williams DE Mississippi
        3 3 24 88 Jalen Tolbert WR South Alabama
        4 4 24 129 Jake Ferguson TE Wisconsin
        5 5 12 155 Matt Waletzko T North Dakota
        6 5 24 167 DaRon Bland DB Fresno State
        7 5 33 176 Damone Clark LB Louisiana State
        8 5 35 178 John Ridgeway DT Arkansas
        9 6 14 193 Devin Harper LB Oklahoma State
        ​

Chargers C-RG-RT were shit yesterday and the RBs took the abuse. When it is our moron GM and his inability as a football man to build a roster, and I've got 11 years of data to back it up.
        Besides the obvious lack of divisions, more wins, etc -- the two things about Telesco that I think have lead to his downfall
        1) lack of clear identity on defense
        2) lack of consistent OL play

11 years - he is still figuring out

I also truly wonder does he understand how a players skillset on film translates to the scheme of the team. Like if you are playing the old 4-3 defense, the Williams Brothers were DTs and a guy like Casey Hampton was more NT. But if Telesco seems a guy like Kevin Williams would he say "guy is a player, we can make him a NT"

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Besides the obvious lack of divisions, more wins, etc -- the two things about Telesco that I think have lead to his downfall

I also truly wonder does he understand how a players skillset on film translates to the scheme of the team. Like if you are playing the old 4-3 defense, the Williams Brothers were DTs and a guy like Casey Hampton was more NT. But if Telesco seems a guy like Kevin Williams would he say "guy is a player, we can make him a NT"
          Feiler was rating 70s as a OG, he could have kicked out to RT (and fuck Pipkens), and solidified the position. You're damn right I would have kept a older vet would who was grading higher than a young player, who still hasn't proved he could stay on the field. Telesco is trying so hard to prove he didn't bust with Pipkens...Telesco and his offensive line acumen are infuriating.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Feiler was rating 70s as a OG, he could have kicked out to RT (and fuck Pipkens), and solidified the position. You're damn right I would have kept a older vet would who was grading higher than a young player, who still hasn't proved he could stay on the field. Telesco is trying so hard to prove he didn't bust with Pipkens...Telesco and his offensive line acumen are infuriating.
            Tre McKitty - I think the same. Nick Vannett should be playing

JT Woods - not sure about that guy

RBs behind Ekeler - nobody is stepping up

Jaimes made the roster --

I think he wants to keep draft picks for his "record"

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Feiler had a rating of 53 last year and has a rating of 55 this year. Pipkins had a grade of 59 last year and has a grade of 63 this year.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Anyone remember that 2010 game in Indy when we went in there and totally manhandled their Oline? Antonio Garay literally picked up one of their guards and carried him into the backfield and threw him at Manning, getting the sack. Well, Telesco was on the staff that built that Oline, so it shouldn’t be any surprise our Olines are always terrible

The main problem is the Polian way of team building was incredibly flawed from the very beginning. They wanted 2 good pass rushers, excellent receivers and tight end, and a high caliber back. Interior Oline, Dline. linebacker and secondary was considered relatively unimportant. They wanted fast undersized linebackers and ability to cover man to man in the secondary was considered unimportant because they could play zone. They won a lot of games solely due to manning, but always got pounded by physical teams.

It wasn’t until Manning was out for a season and the team went 2-14 that it became evident how terrible that approach was and what a terrible roster indy had built.

Then we still hire Telesco off that staff lol And he’s done the exact same thing here Polian did in Indy

Look at how our positional players nearly exactly fit the Polian way. 2 good pass rushers, excellent receivers, good backs -

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Glad we kept the guy who sucked less?

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Feiler had a rating of 53 last year and has a rating of 55 this year. Pipkins had a grade of 59 last year and has a grade of 63 this year.
                    There's Rich now. Zion is killing it and Feiler is #11. Chargers run will continue to go south if coaches do not fix Trey + Tre's game.

PFF's exclusive metrics provide Guard (G) position rankings, grades, and snap counts.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Glad we kept the guy who sucked less?
                      The guy who sucked more stayed and got a new contract.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That 49 run blocking grade is almost 10 points higher than that of our blocking TE. Pipkins isn't great, but McKitty is awful.
                        Should have stuck with Horvath.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Should have stuck with Horvath.
                          Nope. TE Stone Smartt should get more snaps. Former QB, he's got all the tools. That Telesco wasted a draft pick on Horvath is another page in itself. First thing Kellen Moore did was dump the FB from his roster, BECAUSE, Moore would rather put a TE or OT in a FB position, and does.

Comment

Working...
                          X