Raiders @ Chargers (-4) vs Pregame Discussion (Wk 4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

My hatred for the raiders (who do not deserve to be capitalized) stems from way back. When Davis, himself, was the HC, they were a dirty football team. A few years later he gave the job to John Madden and John was even more in favor of playing dirty than Davis had been. They happily took the penalty for late hits on the QB or hitting a guy who was clearly OOB. Back then, the Chargers lost two very promising RB's because of the raiders tackling them oob after they had stopped - oops there goes a knee. I myself got involved in a parking lot fight with their crazy fans.
    Lol...that's hilarious...and indicative of the fact you have been a Charger fan since 61"...and me since about 81'...or maybe 80'...my first game I remember was the Raiders/Chargers AFC championship..but it was the Chargers/Dolphins divisional the next year that really cemented me as a fan...don't get me wrong, very much love beating the turds...but I bet you see now, why the Broncos are my least favorite, considering the timeline....I still can't stand to see Elways horse looking face and those stupid teeth... or that ratty, beady eyed little Shanahan...lol...
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Whydachargers?
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
      I really feel like we are going to beat the shit out of the Raiders. Despite the coach. Defense looks like they dont care that they suck in this scheme....so instead they're just out for blood now. Thats what i saw last week. Angry players. Not great...but pissed. If you have to suck...at least draw blood.
      So glad we added Tuli to this defense. Over the long run I'm confident that his presence added to Bosa and Mack is going to make it so our pass defense not only doesn't suck but is actually a plus for this team. Matlock as well. He looks like a high-motor play-maker too. I can't see Staley keeping this defense in the outhouse for too much longer. They are just too fucking powerful up front. Sort of like the Chargers teams that had Dean, Jones, Kelcher, and Johnson in the 70's. I believe our defensive players do have pride and will play with fire once they see how good they actually are.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Their HIS guys and HES the coach.The buck stops right at Staleys doorstep.
        Are they? Did he pick the RB's or were they kind of forced on him? The only two guys I can think of are JC Jackson and Mack. The rest are rookies or second year players. It's the same way I feel about Denver and Sean Payton. I think he's doing the best he can with what he's got. Staley picked Lombardi over Steichen and that is enough for me not to entirely trust him but I do think we've had weird injury injury issues and such over the last two seasons. Yes, inside 4 minutes he's been abysmal and this has to change. If not, then he's a goner by season end.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Whydachargers? View Post

So glad we added Tuli to this defense. Over the long run I'm confident that his presence added to Bosa and Mack is going to make it so our pass defense not only doesn't suck but is actually a plus for this team. Matlock as well. He looks like a high-motor play-maker too. I can't see Staley keeping this defense in the outhouse for too much longer. They are just too fucking powerful up front. Sort of like the Chargers teams that had Dean, Jones, Kelcher, and Johnson in the 70's. I believe our defensive players do have pride and will play with fire once they see how good they actually are.
          Agreed. I think Hensley will ball for us.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2023
            • Send PM

Agreed. I think Hensley will ball for us.
            He's my guy! Hensley was my favorite draft choice before I knew how good Tuli was. I like his fire and physicality a lot.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
              Let's do this!
              • Aug 2022
              • Raleigh N. Carolina
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

My hatred for the raiders (who do not deserve to be capitalized) stems from way back. When Davis, himself, was the HC, they were a dirty football team. A few years later he gave the job to John Madden and John was even more in favor of playing dirty than Davis had been. They happily took the penalty for late hits on the QB or hitting a guy who was clearly OOB. Back then, the Chargers lost two very promising RB's because of the raiders tackling them oob after they had stopped - oops there goes a knee. I myself got involved in a parking lot fight with their crazy fans.
              I was born in Monterey (Fort Ord!)and we relocated to SD in 76, my Dad tried to convert me to be a Chargers fan for the first 2 years we had season tickets, I was starting to make the move when the Holy Roller unfolded right in front of me.

Chargers for life after that day.

but I REALLY hate the Chefs. Way more thany any other pro team.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

I really feel like we are going to beat the shit out of the Raiders. Despite the coach. Defense looks like they dont care that they suck in this scheme....so instead they're just out for blood now. Thats what i saw last week. Angry players. Not great...but pissed. If you have to suck...at least draw blood.
                Taking out their frustration with Staley out on the raiders is approved

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                  Chargers Hall of Fame
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Whydachargers? View Post

He's my guy! Hensley was my favorite draft choice.
                  Speaking of...where is he?

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Hensley isn't listed on the injury report so I'm assuming he'll be ready to play this week. Good thing too. Look at our injuries!

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

I hope we beat they ass.

here’s one team that I think can beat the 49ers. I’m watching them and they look complete. The Detroit lions. Would not shock me to see Chargers lions in the super bowl team. This Lions team reminds me of the Seattle Seahawks.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

I think he was active for the game...just didnt get any snaps. Would love to get up big on the Raiders and get him some play.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Are the Chargers going to be without both starting safeties?

Comment

Working...
                          X