• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post

We needed a replacement for Sproles. Rivers would have used him so well. Now because of his size..McCaffrey has had injury issues too..but that guy makes more plays than Williams ever did..Williams is and was a big DUD.

I am not a believer in "big receivers"...that a bunch of crap.

Who is the greatest of all time? Jerry Rice...and Lance..You just gotta get open and catch the ball.

Rice...6'2" 200...about Keenan size...that's all you need.

Big guys are too slow.
    Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Vince Jackson & Larry Fitzgerald disagree.

That's just off the top of my head. And Keenan is 212-215 lbs...most here say slow and no one can cover him.

Comment

• Scharnhorst43
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2023
      • Send PM

I love the guy MW. He has given so much joy when on the field with those spectacular acrobatic catches. But thats the problem........WHEN he's on the field. Hasn't played a full season since 2018. Last year a fractured back, and this year a torn ACL I'm sorry but he will never be the same. If we were talking about an automobile the " lemon law" conversation would come up. We only have a short 17 weeks to produce a winning record and when the Chargers have habitual starting players who cant be there for us the time runs out on our season and its another " Wait till next year."
      Mike thank you for those awesome times and it was a absolute pleasure watching you school the DBs, but for your own health and well being its time to hang it up.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Vince Jackson & Larry Fitzgerald disagree.

That's just off the top of my head. And Keenan is 212-215 lbs...most here say slow and no one can cover him.
        i wouldn't put Vincent Jackson name with those other guys.

Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and Calvin Johnson were freak athletes. Larry Fitzgerald had amazing measurables for WR position.

like i said before about Mike Williams. he never had elite traits to be drafted in the top 10 of the NFL Draft.

if you're gonna draft a big WR in top 10 of the draft he gotta be a freak athlete otherwise you're hoping he just has that it factor like Larry Fitzgerald.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

i wouldn't put Vincent Jackson name with those other guys.

Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and Calvin Johnson were freak athletes. Larry Fitzgerald had amazing measurables for WR position.

like i said before about Mike Williams. he never had elite traits to be drafted in the top 10 of the NFL Draft.

if you're gonna draft a big WR in top 10 of the draft he gotta be a freak athlete otherwise you're hoping he just has that it factor like Larry Fitzgerald.
          I would.

The premise was bigger WRs are slow and cant get open. IMO it was a ridiculous statement. Im not just comparing HOF guys.
          VJ had a pretty good career though he isnt a HOFer. 540 receptions, 9080 yards, 16.8, 57 TDs.
          I can name many bigger WRs that had good careers, and they dont need to be HOFers.

Comment

• rensoul
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I would.

The premise was bigger WRs are slow and cant get open. IMO it was a ridiculous statement. Im not just comparing HOF guys.
            VJ had a pretty good career though he isnt a HOFer. 540 receptions, 9080 yards, 16.8, 57 TDs.
            I can name many bigger WRs that had good careers, and they dont need to be HOFers.
            VJ was a very good player. Any WR that had 6 1000 yard seasons while averaging 16.8 yards a catch had a hell of a career.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2022
              • Send PM

I think what happened..since it's true...all those "big guys" were indeed great...was thinking Mike Williams was somehow like them. But he was and is not.

That said I still prefer a more "standard size" receiver...although guys are just getting bigger and bigger in general.

Comment

Working...
              X