Cowboys @ Chargers (-3) Pregame Discussion (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

In the last two years, teams have combined for a record of 1-19 in their next game after playing the Niners.
    wow... maybe that is our best advantage... lol

many years ago, iteams that played the very physical rraidsers of 70's or erly 80's usually were beat up and flat following week....

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

No he won’t. He wanted him fired and he doesnt admit when he was wrong. There’s a universe of other names not Moore that he’ll make a bad pick from.
      Jones has football smartsd, but he should still stay out of it...

I have scary feeling that Spanos's kid has been over ruling TT in draft room.... TT was trained by Poliean who undersrtoood bulilkding teams with QB, OL, GL......

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

if teams tell the chargers what they are doing we still cannot stop it!...... lol

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Use the Tua quick pass trick...AND keep the RB in for blocking on Pip's side if he's having trouble...
            You can get Everett or one of the other TEs to help Pipkins block Parsons. That's what they did with Crosby.​

One complaint about Moore is not involving the RBs in the screen plays. I'd like to see if he has given mind to it. Especially after the bye week where the team has had time time rest and think up of new plans going into the games.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
              One complaint about Moore is not involving the RBs in the screen plays. I'd like to see if he has given mind to it. Especially after the bye week where the team has had time time rest and think up of new plans going into the games.
              This is because Ekeler has been out. None of the other RBs, including Kelley, are good at it. Moore tried a few screens to Kelley in the 2nd game against the Titans and Kelley wasn't effective. I think Moore gave up on it then. He's about playing to his players' strengths and avoiding their weaknesses.

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

DC Ansley has had two weeks to practice the scramble drill. I’m hoping significant practice time was set aside to get the secondary communicating with each other on plays where the QB is forced outta the pocket. Maintain coverage! Communicate! And as always, ASJ…turn your head back towards the ball! Heh.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

You can get Everett or one of the other TEs to help Pipkins block Parsons. That's what they did with Crosby.​

We know that Ekkie is effective on screen plays, IF the blocking is decent...I'd also like to see Dot in on at least one screen...once he turns the corner, the potential is there for some big time chunk yardage plays...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                    DC Ansley has had two weeks to practice the scramble drill. I’m hoping significant practice time was set aside to get the secondary communicating with each other on plays where the QB is forced outta the pocket. Maintain coverage! Communicate! And as always, ASJ…turn your head back towards the ball! Heh.
                    Yep...bring in Jammer to coach up ASJ on turning his head...

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Jones has football smartsd, but he should still stay out of it...

I have scary feeling that Spanos's kid has been over ruling TT in draft room.... TT was trained by Poliean who undersrtoood bulilkding teams with QB, OL, GL......
                      This team has Polians handprints all over it & Telesco couldn't be anymore like Polian. Spending 1st round picks on finesse players like Tillery, ignoring Oline, drafting undersized injury prone players, drafting "football players" without any size/speed requirements (Teo, Tranquill etc), wasting 1st round picks on "championship running backs", completely ignoring physical run stopping defensive tackles, being weak against the run, being weak running the football, having shitty special teams coverage units.....being an injury prone finesse team. I detailed the Polian philosphy in this post: https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...61#post1546661

John Boy also learned from AJ and John Butler so as much as he's hated on this forum he does have quite a bit of quality GM exposure. I actually wouldn't at all be disappointed with a Staley/John Spanos coach/GM combo as Staley would have more power in that scenario and he's already shown he knows what the problems are.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

This team has Polians handprints all over it & Telesco couldn't be anymore like Polian. Spending 1st round picks on finesse players like Tillery, ignoring Oline, drafting undersized injury prone players, drafting "football players" without any size/speed requirements (Teo, Tranquill etc), wasting 1st round picks on "championship running backs", completely ignoring physical run stopping defensive tackles, being weak against the run, being weak running the football, having shitty special teams coverage units.....being an injury prone finesse team. I detailed the Polian philosphy in this post: https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...61#post1546661

John Boy also learned from AJ and John Butler so as much as he's hated on this forum he does have quite a bit of quality GM exposure. I actually wouldn't at all be disappointed with a Staley/John Spanos coach/GM combo as Staley would have more power in that scenario and he's already shown he knows what the problems are.
                        I agree TT failed for years to build a trench. Minor disagreements - he thought Tillery was trench but just fundamentally mis-assessed Tillery’s strength and projection vs core needs of an NFL IDL elite player. Swing and miss.

2 OL R1 in the last 2 years points us in the right direction. Staley influence. I’m still not impressed with TT.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                          Tillery was trench but just fundamentally mis-assessed Tillery’s strength and projection vs core needs of an NFL IDL elite player. Swing and miss.
                          Tillery had one outstanding game at Notre Dame where he dominated and Telesco fell in love. But Tillery's college rep was that he was inconsistent. He some really good games but then he'd disappear.

But I still maintain that Tillery saved us from Drew Lock. In 2019 I read several reports that Telesco was looking at drafting Lock at #28, to have him sit for a season behind Rivers, who was on the final year of his contract. Fortunately he drafted Tillery. If that had happened, Herbert would be playing elsewhere and the Chargers would be in QB purgatory. The Broncos drafted Lock 14 picks later. And look where they are now. As unimaginable as it is to say it was good fortune to draft Tillery, in this scenario it might have been. Of course it would've been better fortune if Telesco had drafted Deebo Samuel, whom the 49ers drafted 8 picks after Tillery.

Comment

Working...
                          X