Cowboys @ Chargers (-3) Pregame Discussion (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

What I heard was, Bill Belichick used to split his time with his defense and then with Brady. Bill was spending up to 40% of his time in game prep, delegating to his defensive coach, and then Bill would devote his remaining 60% prep time to going through each individual defensive look Brady would face in the upcoming games - man coverage here, zone look here. Each tendency. Brady LOVED it, and the results were immediate. That was the Patriot Way. That level of preparation. That was when Dean Pees was the DC. Dean moved on to Baltimore. After that, Bill had to become more involved in the defense side of the ball, but Bill still had Dante Scarnecchia as OC and life was still easy. Brady learned to get by with less hands-on time from the HC.

Then Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniel took over the offense and Bill got to go back to the defense. When Dante left, and Brady left, McDaniel left a year after that...entropy.

This gives me hope in the "Defensive HC/franchise QB" model.
    Staley and Herbert need to be joined at the hip.
    2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

That’s not a high bar.
      lol.... but he has dominated the NFL for decades at coaching and buiding hardnosed disciplined teams..... about as close to perfect as can humanly be..... he even won with a nobody QB the year Brady was hurt....

with 22 starters and 11 STers, coaching is the most important part of the game.....

Reid dominated Chargers AFC West with Alex smith at QB..... it is not just about mahomes... Chargers beat him once because instead of kicking to tie the game and go to OT, we went for 2 and got a miracle win.... Rivers to MW..... our other wins were last meaningless game of season against KC backups.... we even lost once against Reid's KC backups...... keeping chargers out of WC spot.....

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
        If you ever get a chance to hear Tom Brady talk about his head coach, listen to how Tom speaks about the time they used to spend together in offensive game prep. Bill is also a walking encyclopedia on offense and well as defense, despite being dour savant.
        Sounds like what Herbo and Staley is doing. Staley spends time on all three phases I believe.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

lol.... but he has dominated the NFL for decades at coaching and buiding hardnosed disciplined teams..... about as close to perfect as can humanly be..... he even won with a nobody QB the year Brady was hurt....

with 22 starters and 11 STers, coaching is the most important part of the game.....

Reid dominated Chargers AFC West with Alex smith at QB..... it is not just about mahomes... Chargers beat him once because instead of kicking to tie the game and go to OT, we went for 2 and got a miracle win.... Rivers to MW..... our other wins were last meaningless game of season against KC backups.... we even lost once against Reid's KC backups...... keeping chargers out of WC spot.....
          It doesn’t stop with Smith. Reid beat us with Chase freaking Daniel and some backups.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Your memory is impressive!

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Herbert is 3-1 in Monday Night games.

The Chargers beat the Broncos and the Colts on MNF last season.

In 2021 the Chargers walloped the Raiders 28-14 in week 4. Herbert was 25/38 222 yds 3 TDs.

His best MNF game was the only one the Herbert Chargers have lost, in his rookie season against Drew Brees and the Saints. In just his 4th start, Herbert threw 4 TD passes and was 20/34 for 264 yds. The Chargers scored 27 points but lost by 3 pts in OT. The Money Bader missed a PAT and a late 4th Q field goal that would've won the game for the Chargers.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

4-1 is not a bad start !

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Bosa practicing today.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                    FUdean
                    • Dec 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

This gives me hope in the "Defensive HC/franchise QB" model.
                    Staley and Herbert need to be joined at the hip.
                    Bellicheat has about 40 years more experience than Staley.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
                      Bosa practicing today.
                      He’s listed as a DNP

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post

Bellicheat has about 40 years more experience than Staley.
                        So what is the required number of years experience it takes for a defensive HC and franchise QB combo to work?
                        and pass that info along to the Texans, they obviously made a huge mistake with Demeco Ryans and his 0 years experience as HC.
                        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Cowboys' CeeDee Lamb admits being frustrated in loss to 49ers

​https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ted-loss-49ers

"I've had to reflect, self-reflect, and I didn't go the best route to get my end result," Lamb said. "At the end of the day, I have a job to do and I want to contribute to this team. I do everything in my power week in and week out to do that. Going forward, there is a better way to go about it, make a lighter situation."

Comment

Working...
                          X