Cowboys @ Chargers Official Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Staley is a very good football coach. You are being sarcastic, right?
    Belicheck is a very good football coach. He is 1-5.
    It's a QB driven league and it's Mahomes world until someone stops him. Herbert first game with a broken finger. I'll give a poor pass tonight. But you make your name by making winning plays. Dak won by 3 with a couple backyard football plays that scored. Herbert could have put up more points but poor throws to open WR ended in punts.

It's just 1 game. But all 3 losses were games the offense struggle to close the game.

One thing in defense this game. Derwin committed a penalty but he really should have punched the ball to force a turnover and not went for the hit. He also had a silly late hit on QB. Bosa and Derwin combine IQ doesn't add up to average. I would trade both of them next off season.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Go_Herbo
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      I also think Herbert may have been concussed. They didn’t check him after that helmet to helmet hit but he was holding his head a bit. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the protocol this week. Get ready for the Easton Stick era
      That was some serious whiplash on that hit.... hard to watch..... it likely did affect his skills from there on.

Comment

• rensoul
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

It's a QB driven league and it's Mahomes world until someone stops him. Herbert first game with a broken finger. I'll give a poor pass tonight. But you make your name by making winning plays. Dak won by 3 with a couple backyard football plays that scored. Herbert could have put up more points but poor throws to open WR ended in punts.

It's just 1 game. But all 3 losses were games the offense struggle to close the game.

One thing in defense this game. Derwin committed a penalty but he really should have punched the ball to force a turnover and not went for the hit. He also had a silly late hit on QB. Bosa and Derwin combine IQ doesn't add up to average. I would trade both of them next off season.

Belichick has won 6 Superbowls and been to 9 Superbowls as a HC. Before that he won 2 Superbowls as a defensive co-ordinator.

Belichick has earned his credibility when he has a bad season out of many great seasons. With a track record like his you really shouldn't compare the two coaches, it makes you sound stupid.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

You should be frustrated your excellent QB is 27-26 in his career. However, you should be excited the Chargers are leading the league in scoring per game with their new OC after a sample size of only 5 games. You should be excited the Chargers defense have 20 sacks the last five games, that's an average of 4 a game.

You should be excited Herbert has a 20-6 record when the defense holds an opponent to less than 28 points.

I believe that we should also find out the number of blitzes that was thrown at the Chargers offensive line by Cowboys DC Dan Quinn. I got a feeling Quinn blitzed the hell out of the Chargers last night. It really felt like the Minnesota game again, with TE Tre McKitty and RT Trey Pipkens both getting beat and Herbert going down hard.

Comment

• Canal Zone Bolt Fan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Indianapolis, IN
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            The most depressing thing about tonights loss: we had two weeks between games and it seems literally nothing got fixed. We played okay in spurts and even had a few good series by the O and D, but we failed in the same things that haunted us all season long. We couldn't run, we couldn't pass block (especially with the game on the line), we had idiotic penalties on D, we had back breaking missed tackles on D, our approach was awful and we made no effective in game adjustments that mattered.
            Two weeks to adjust and ​NOTHING. Very similar to two years ago when this “coach” had two weeks to prep for Houston and they destroyed us.

This team under Staley is a joke.

Herbert, I like him, but he’s not playing up to his contract and has been AWFUL this year. Keep the stupid yards and stats, we need game closing drives and wins. He’s 0-3 with those this year.

pathetic
            Last edited by Canal Zone Bolt Fan; 10-17-2023, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Derwin had two 15 yard penalties tonight. I've seen enough. If it happens again, I'm going to say let's move on, trade Derwin for multiple picks and draft S Caleb Downs.

#CalebDowns

Comment

• rensoul
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

I don't think they can get out of Derwin's contract for a while because of the dead cap hit. They are already going to eat a lot of money with the JCJ contract.

Ironically, one team I could see Derwin actually playing up to his contract is with Dallas under Dan Quinn.
                With the way he uses his safeties it fits Derwin's skill set correctly and he'd likely play like a star there.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Here comes rolling in the excuses. This should merit a thread of its own.

Okay, I thought the Chargers were rusty tonight after having the bye week.
                  Next Sunday, they will be in a groove, methodically steam rolling the Chiefs.

Comment

• YAC
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post
                    I don't think they can get out of Derwin's contract for a while because of the dead cap hit.
                    Exactly. He's ours. Just needs to get back to his old form.

Comment

• Scotty Boy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2017
                      • Send PM

Several thoughts after watching the debacle: (1) Staley has no defensive “system”; it’s a mish/mash, try something new to see if it sticks. He can’t even identify players to fit his system (2) Herbert clearly looked rattled in the pocket; bet the finger is bothering him more than letting on (3) not sure if it’s my imagination, but Ekeler didn’t look like he was exerting maximum effort; kinda odd (4) the Chargers highest paid players (M Davis, Derwin, Bosa) aren’t playing well (5) the Oline has been a year-long disappointment, particularly during crunch time.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                        You should be frustrated your excellent QB is 27-26 in his career. However, you should be excited the Chargers are leading the league in scoring per game with their new OC after a sample size of only 5 games. You should be excited the Chargers defense have 20 sacks the last five games, that's an average of 4 a game.

You should be excited Herbert has a 20-6 record when the defense holds an opponent to less than 28 points.

I believe that we should also find out the number of blitzes that was thrown at the Chargers offensive line by Cowboys DC Dan Quinn. I got a feeling Quinn blitzed the hell out of the Chargers last night. It really felt like the Minnesota game again, with TE Tre McKitty and RT Trey Pipkens both getting beat and Herbert going down hard.
                        The OL which was supposedly very good has shown itself to not be as good as people thought it was. Outside of Slater it is suspect. Who was able to conceive that Zion Johnson and Jamaree Salyer would have the struggles they are having? Not enough games to say if they're simply having a sophomore slump or if one or both of them are regressing. Pipkins can do fine when he's facing average edge players, but when he's going up against superior edge players they show him they're his daddy. Linsley is missed. When he's there, the OL unit does a better job in run blocking and pass blocking. The team will have to find a future center to replace him when Linsley's time is done.

I didn't see the slant plays being used like in previous games. Those are useful in beating defenses that like to blitz or crowd the box. Opponents who study the Chargers' offense won't allow KA to go wild like Minnesota did. So we really need the other WRs to step up. Palmer has shown he can deliver. QJ needs to show that he can be reliable. Depending on how he does when he gets back, Guyton should help in areas that the offense needs. A veteran like him is what could help in times of trouble.

Pass rush up front is one of the things the team has going on defense. When it comes to pass defense and coverage, the team is real bad. Opposing offenses eat them up. If the pass rush doesn't get the QB or affect his reads/throws, the defense fails because of how bad the players in coverage are. There's a lot on that side of the roster that needs an upgrade.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

At this point we could be 0-5 team barring 2 lucky interceptions.

This team is not good. I would say trade everyone including Herbert and give the keys to franchaise to a competent HC/GM.

We are not heading in right direction.

Comment

Working...
                          X