Cowboys @ Chargers Official Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOrvMeNow
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Third and 19 in crunchtime...Defensive Holding...automatic first down. Failure to get stops on third down is a pervasive problem. Fire Staley.

Now let's talk about busts. We are good at that early midround and late. Tillery. Lamp. Feeney. JJones... McKitty/Woods/Kelley/Spiller the midrounders kill us). Fire Telesco, Kevin Kelly and scouts.

Now move on to player development (very important). The Chargers have underperformed here. We miss Frank Smith and Renaldo Hill for starters. Fire the Assistant Coaches.

We have an organizational problem.
    Nothing fresh stated here.
    Just a declaration.
    Accountability is demanded.

Two defensive holdings, just in case the refs missed one of them.

I don't think I've ever noticed two defensive holdings on one play ..... I am sure it happens.

Staley has them way back, sitting on their heels as the receivers pick up speed.
    They might as well waive M. Davis now if that is how they are going to play him.

I'm guessing Sean McVey and other Ram defensive coaches had a moderating influence on what the Ram defense did during Staley's year there.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by YAC View Post

Exactly. He's ours. Just needs to get back to his old form.
      How about eliminate this stupid Star role he is playing and just let him concentrate on playing safety? Moving him all over the field to try and confuse the other team hasn't been effective, seems to confuse our other defenders and has hurt the team.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
        I’ve been watching this team with no emotional attachment this season. My observations of last night summarized:

— When Linsley is out, the OL is shit
        — Derwin James has no football IQ and needs to be benched before he does even more damage either to himself or to another player. A disciplined coach would have already done so and tells you all you need to know about Staley that he sits by and does nothing.
        — Davis wouldn’t cut it in the USFL
        — Morgan Fox is better than Joey Bosa
        — Herbert has regressed to the level of Baker Mayfield
        — I can punt better than J K Scott
        — As much as I made fun of Glass Joe, without a WR to stretch the field, opposing defenses have it made. The Chargers will lose most if not all of their remaining games if nothing is done. A competent GM would have already addressed this realizing the new rookie has been invisible.
        — Keenan Allen is the only star on this team
        — Casual football fans were probably asking who the two kids were on the Chargers sidelines wearing headsets - is it take your kid to work day?

In short, this is a 4-win team at best barring some miracle.
        Looking at the schedule, they have three patsies between now and the Patriot game.

After herculean struggles, Staley's teams typically defeats patsies after the patsies commit a key mistake.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

I see it NOrvMeNow. I have seen it all, since December 26, 1965.

We all see it. There are different ways of processing all of this. It is very self-evident.

There is even a small chance to turn this season around.

Our next opponent KC--they are yawning and laughing right now. Maybe we will catch them overconfident and vastly underperforming.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

How about eliminate this stupid Star role he is playing and just let him concentrate on playing safety? Moving him all over the field to try and confuse the other team hasn't been effective, seems to confuse our other defenders and has hurt the team.
            I agree. Just keep it simple then occasionally bring Derwin in to Blitz. Have him line up with the linebackers to cover TEs like Kelce.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

It is really pathetic to see our DBs so far off the line of scrimmage at the snap.

The Safeties, already 15-20 yards deep, are often seen sprinting back even further.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

It appeared that our coverages fell apart following Raheem Layne's injury. Marlowe then struggled, trying to make do with the relatively inexperienced Finley in tandem.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Sometimes it is very helpful to have perspectives from afar, a view from 40 thousand feet, if you will.

Yes the Chargers might be 0-5. They also mighf be 5-0.

It is on Staley that we are under .500 and scrambling AGAIN.

Last night, a familiar scenario unfolded. After initial success, we frittered away another opportunity to seize control of a contest. We are painfully shy about winning, ultimately.

The organization must look in the mirror and be honest.

This is no where near good enough.

The constant underachieving leaves us loyal fans embarassed. I don't even wear my Chargers hat at sports bars anymore.

Yes it’s embarrassing to support this team. You think it’s bad at a sports bar? Try going to a game where you’re outnumbered 3-1!

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Belichick has won 6 Superbowls and been to 9 Superbowls as a HC. Before that he won 2 Superbowls as a defensive co-ordinator.

Belichick has earned his credibility when he has a bad season out of many great seasons. With a track record like his you really shouldn't compare the two coaches, it makes you sound stupid.
                    BB has Jones . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Staley has Herbert - who do you think should be winning? Now - BB should shoulder some blame for the roster composition . . . . . .

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Is that going to stop him from committing personal foul penalties?

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Is that going to stop him from committing personal foul penalties?
                        No idea, but trying to move all over the field in an attempt to surprise the other team and make a big play isn't helping his decision making.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

With a roster as talented as this one, the clear and obvious reason this team is always struggling is coaching. Please prove me otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                          X