Cowboys @ Chargers Official Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rensoul
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

Andy Reid is a sigma version of an alpha, honestly. Not an alpha that's bombastic and overly extrovert, but one that thinks outside the box, and understands human dynamics and peer relationships. He looks big and cuddly, but he can let out a loud bark when necessary that his players respect.
    From what I've heard he works his players extremely hard in Training Camp, this reputation goes back to his days in Philly. He doesn't go easy on them and starters play in the pre-season. Looks can be deceiving but I think he's got a lot of old school ball coach in him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

Yep...so where was the max protect, or at least some more chipping/blocking on Herbie's blind side...and the other side??? Where were the adjustments, Staley/Moore?
      They don't come into games with multiple gameplans for contingency. They install one, and practice that half of the week and pray it works out.
      There was some chipping, you just didn't notice. They actually showed a replay with the TE (dont remember if it was Everett or Parham)chipping the DE before Pipkins picked him up.

I don't know how often it happened but it happened and if not for replays I wouldn't have noticed.
      But even when Herbert had time he overthrew a wide open Keenan twice.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-22-2023, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

IMG_7616.jpg

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
          Justin Herbert was way off last night. We can slam Moore all day long but Justin Herbert was straight trash last night. 2 TD bombs missed to Keenan. He missed wide open guys a couple times. That finger is an issue it cant be a coincidence. Worst game ive seen from him. We win that game if he doesnt miss so many throws. And the D not stopping another 3rd and long was pathetic. Penalties killed us all night. Not having Linsley is an issue for the run game. But that front 7 is really good and will make overrated OL look bad. Pipkins should have never been the guy. At this point...if we are passing on Flowers in the draft...just take a RT. Those were my wishes. The QJ pick saddens me. Just dont think his game translates. And he struggles with press. But was Kellen on that draft pick? Offense needs to get its shit together for sure. But Herbert was so bad last night and it was obvious he wasnt himself. I just would have rolled him out all night.
          I've never seen Herbert miss so many throws as he did in this game. He didn't look right, I don't know if it's the finger or something else. As has been noted by others, he has not been able to be clutch at the end of games when the offense needs to score inside the 2-min warning. It always collapses. Herbert was so clutch at the end of games his first two seasons. I don't know where that Herbert has gone. I'm beginning to hear grumblings that now he got paid he's lost his motivation. But I don't believe that is the case with Herbert. I don't think it's in his nature. I anticipate he will bounce back and have a great game in KC Sunday.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Not true, and bringing this to another thread just shows how desperate you are in the "debate."
            I do regret getting into heated debate with you over this issue. We don't agree on this issue. But we are both part of this brotherhood and I respect your opinion and enjoy reading your posts. I apologize for my part in letting the debated over Derwin James get more extreme than it should. Peace?

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Another poor part of Herbert's game from Monday I haven't read anyone mention were some of the bad decisions.
              A few incompletions were throws that would have gotten the receiver killed as they were in "defenseless positions" had they caught the pass.
              Those are mistakes a rookie QB makes.

I'm not deducing any long term conclusions from his performance.
              He had a bad night; too much adversity perhaps, I have faith he'll be better and this will be an outlier.

Dallas DL destroying out Oline
              +
              Finger fracture (non throwing hand)
              +
              No run game
              +
              Linsley missing

= Herbert growing happy feet and unable to execute. No excuses, he needed to and should have played better, but those are factors that he was unable to overcome.

We still love you Herb, do better.
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                FUdean
                • Dec 2022
                • Send PM

Didn’t see this. Ekler got clocked.

The Chargers and Cowboys got things going on Monday with a pregame brawl.

Comment

• YAC
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post
                  From what I've heard he works his players extremely hard in Training Camp, this reputation goes back to his days in Philly. He doesn't go easy on them and starters play in the pre-season. Looks can be deceiving but I think he's got a lot of old school ball coach in him.
                  I'm curious. How much did Reid's starters play in preseason?

Comment

• YAC
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2023
                    • Send PM

Honestly my biggest worry about this game is this:

-The officials will protect Mahomes like he's glass, as they have repeatedly through recent seasons. Any fan who witnessed the notably egregious calls/non-calls in the notorious Jets and Lions games recall it well. (I'm not as familiar with the other 2023 Chief games, but assume the narrative is the same).

-If it's a close game the League won't want to disappoint the millions of Swifty legionaires who are suddenly (very superficial) Chiefs fans, but who represent huge added league revenue.

Just want to see a fair and entertaining game. I can live with honest results.

Comment

• rensoul
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by YAC View Post

I'm curious. How much did Reid's starters play in preseason?
                      I don't watch their pre-season games but going off of logs, Mahomes played enough to throw 15 passes in game 2 and Kelce also played in that one and in game 3 looks like Mahomes probably just played a drive.

I don't have enough info for you to know how much the rest of the starters played or didn't play this pre-season but I'd guess it's likely you could find that info somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X