• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
    Jax screwed up when they hired Meyer as HC. But their ownership fixed the mistake after 1 year. Took the financial hit. They have very good coaching now and the team looks great. JH10 should get the same support.
    Agreed . . . . . . . . . . THIS is how a good owner addresses mistakes. Not wait 3 (or 4) years for the contract to expire before making a change. How stupid is that? The Chargers have essentially wasted Herbert's cheap 1st contract years with poor coaching and roster management .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

We had that great opening drive, then Herbie got harassed the rest of the first half and some of the second half...Moore could have done a better job of adjusting to counter all that pressure...what about a few screen passes? What about max protect?
      thats the third loss we watched Herbie get buried under a blitz repeatedly play after play to end the game as if there is no possible counter to that in the world of football. It took multiple blitzes one after another each of those three games to kill Sir Herbert off . It was very disappointing to see Moore not counter what was sure to come at the end of the Dallas game even after Herbie got buried once yet again.

I saw a weird play angle on the last interception, it was clear PI - defender pushed Q aside which is why he was alone where the ball was falling.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

thats the third loss we watched Herbie get buried under a blitz repeatedly play after play to end the game as if there is no possible counter to that in the world of football. It took multiple blitzes one after another each of those three games to kill Sir Herbert off . It was very disappointing to see Moore not counter what was sure to come at the end of the Dallas game even after Herbie got buried once yet again.

I saw a weird play angle on the last interception, it was clear PI - defender pushed Q aside which is why he was alone where the ball was falling.
        To both you and TopCat

in obvious passing downs, I just think its stupid to go 5 wide and have only 5 blockers or maybe they leave a TE. I would rather have 7 blocking and 3 in the pattern - give Herbert a damn chance
        Miami, TN and this game - like you said - terrible coaching

Comment

• PR#1
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          Oh yay, another poll for something that won't happen until after the season.
          Yes at the end of the 2024 season

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Get Harbaugh.Done.Otherwise the Spanos truly are the root of all Chargers problems.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Agreed . . . . . . . . . . . the middle of our oline is where we're weakest, and the smart DC's are going there when they absolutely need a stop. Why we haven't noticed this trend and provided a counter is beyond baffling. Moore has got to start creating and calling plays to protect his oline (and QB).

It was clearly PI against QJ on that interception. That play also illustrates part of the problem with the QJ / Herbert connection - QJ's too soft at the catch point. Under those circumstances you just cannot get shoved out of the way by a smaller guy . . . . . . . . . . I'm not surprised Herbert doesn't have a lot of confidence in QJ right now . . . . . .

Comment

• floydefisher
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • siberiacuse, ny
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Agreed . . . . . . . . . . THIS is how a good owner addresses mistakes. Not wait 3 (or 4) years for the contract to expire before making a change. How stupid is that? The Chargers have essentially wasted Herbert's cheap 1st contract years with poor coaching and roster management .
                If Staley had acted like Meyer did, I'm pretty sure even the Spanos family would have let him go then and there too.

When you kick a player in the junk, you gotta go.
                sigpic

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Ben Johnson is going to be a hot name this offseason. For some team.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

If Staley had acted like Meyer did, I'm pretty sure even the Spanos family would have let him go then and there too.

When you kick a player in the junk, you gotta go.
                    Yep - Meyer is a piece of work. I'm surprised after all the nonsense he pulled that he can show his face on TV again - even as an analyst. Some people have no shame whatsoever . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

To both you and TopCat

in obvious passing downs, I just think its stupid to go 5 wide and have only 5 blockers or maybe they leave a TE. I would rather have 7 blocking and 3 in the pattern - give Herbert a damn chance
                      Miami, TN and this game - like you said - terrible coaching
                      Yep...and the flexibility of 7 blockers is that the TE, after completing his block, can quickly peel into the flats for at least a quick 5-yd. gain...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                        Ben Johnson is going to be a hot name this offseason. For some team.

image.png
                        BEN JOHNSON
                        OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

(I wish...)

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                          Get Harbaugh.Done.Otherwise the Spanos truly are the root of all Chargers problems.
                          Maybe now with Harbaugh in trouble for Spygate 2, he's open to bailing out of Michigan...

Comment

Working...
                          X