Bears at Chargers (-9) Pregame Discussion (Wk 8)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I have never seen a credible media source discuss who wanted who in the Staff, that is interesting. I wanted Flowers. Actually I really wanted Bijan, but Flowers was my top WR pick. He ran pro routes and has unique talent.

I agree with your assessment of TT's imbalance - strong big WRs are a good piece to the puzzle but its not good for all receivers to have that same skill. We need to compliment with a very fast-cut fast-acceleration receiver. Just in general we don't have the speed in the skill group that the top teams have.

Someone on Youtube broke down every play Q was on the field for, Q was getting open frequently and just not getting targeted. We need to give some time before we know what we have in Q, is my take on the matter - its way too soon to label him a bust after 3 games when he wasnt buried on the depth chart. jmo.
    Yea, I liked Flowers more to...but Q a bust is a funny narrative...ton of first round recievers have needed time to gel with the pros, with a system, with a QB...yea, there are some who take off...but I put Qs so called struggles on Herberts struggles with pressure and his injury, which some people dont realize is easily as distracting as bruised ribs...every jostle, every movement, every touch on the ball is extremely distracting...constant bolts of pain...and the knowledge that one bad hit or fall or foot stepping on that finger can reset him back to ground zero in healing...or worse. Its no wonder he isnt handling the pocket as well as we are used too, facing down potential contact for an extra half second to hit all his progressions...so he panics a bit, and sends the ball where he trusts, instead of finding the most open reciever.

I see nothing wrong with Q...rather our pass pro and a rightfully skittish Herbert.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Yea, I liked Flowers more to...but Q a bust is a funny narrative...ton of first round recievers have needed time to gel with the pros, with a system, with a QB...yea, there are some who take off...but I put Qs so called struggles on Herberts struggles with pressure and his injury, which some people dont realize is easily as distracting as bruised ribs...every jostle, every movement, every touch on the ball is extremely distracting...constant bolts of pain...and the knowledge that one bad hit or fall or foot stepping on that finger can reset him back to ground zero in healing...or worse. Its no wonder he isnt handling the pocket as well as we are used too, facing down potential contact for an extra half second to hit all his progressions...so he panics a bit, and sends the ball where he trusts, instead of finding the most open reciever.

I see nothing wrong with Q...rather our pass pro and a rightfully skittish Herbert.
      I think with Q, it will happen suddenly. He'll suddenly have a game where he catches 10 passes for 100+ yards and two TDs. Nobody will be expecting it.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Our best players are leaving plays out there on field, and at most inopportune times.

There are mental errors, penalties.

This aspect is on the players, all of them.

The offensive line as a unit, and the defensive backfield as a unit, must play better.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I think with Q, it will happen suddenly. He'll suddenly have a game where he catches 10 passes for 100+ yards and two TDs. Nobody will be expecting it.
          Well it could have happened on the two different times he was on my fantasy team!

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Well it could have happened on the two different times he was on my fantasy team!
            It will happen the game after the Chargers are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It will happen the game after the Chargers are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
              Or the game that CBF benches him from his fantasy team.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

The Chargers will win this game easily. Just like Vegas. The Question is can the Chargers beat the great teams.? Shit they beat the Vikings and the Vikings beat the 49ers ass. So go figure that.

The Chargers have a lot of explaining to do. In a draft with talent that was loaded. The Chargers might have drafted the one guy to bust in the 1st round.

let’s look.

Joey Porter jr. Looks like the best cover corner since Sauce Gardner. Chargers didn’t want him.

Zay Flowers best case scenario looks like Tyreke Hill worst case scenario he’s another Hollywood Brown. One thing for sure. He’s downfield speed we could use.

Jordan Addison best case scenario looks like Odell Beckham worst case scenario looks like Brandon Aiuk.

the guy can fly and has elite route running ability.

Dalton Kincaid best case scenario looks like Travis Kelce worst case scenario looks like Jason Witten. One thing is for sure. This guy looks like a hall of fame candidate. Precise route running for a tight end. And great hands.

guys in here wanted him bad.

here’s the fact. These guys that we didn’t draft look like home run hitters. I didn’t even get into Devin Achane.

our scouting department needs thier head examined. And John Spanos should be ashamed of himself.

Honestly looking at Quentin Johnston best case scenario I can see him being Devante Adam’s. But he’s got to work on his game. This is beyond working on his game. This is showing up early. Being everywhere Justin Herbert is. Being on the same page with him. Watching tape. Looking at tape of Devante Adam’s. Looking at footwork.

Why do I say Devante because he doesn’t have the best speed. But he uses his elite route running to be where the ball is always going to be. Quentin hasn’t gotten that yet. But you see flashes of it like in the KC game or the Las Vegas game. Those sideline catches are huge. You saw it in the preseason. He needs to master the whole route tree.

Worst case scenario Nikel Henry. Chargers coaches need to stay on Quentin.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

The Bears' defense has been very poor against the pass. They are 4th from the bottom in pass yards allowed per game. They are 5th from the bottom in points allowed per game. And through 7 games they have just 10 total sacks, the worst sacks per game average (1.43) in the league. (The Chargers are averaging 3.67 sacks per game, by comparison.) They give up an average of 2 TD passes per game, only the Broncos are worse. They have 8 take-aways, which is below the league average (the Chargers have 10) and their -3 turnover differential is near the bottom (though Raiders lead the league by far with -10). The Chargers +5 differential is near the top.

This is a game where Moore should be able to try new things. First - get QJ involved in the passing game. But also, try some downfield passes to DD. So far they've only given him the ball near the LOS, and the results have mostly been good. But he caught plenty of downfield passes in his college career. He also made catches in traffic and contested catches. And try him on some slant routes, where he can the ball at 5-7 yards depth and see if he can outrun the defenses.

Also, what has happened to Simi Fehoko? He was inactive against the Cowboys. He played 4 ST snaps against the Raiders (and made a tackle) and 7 against the Chiefs. He has no offensive snaps yet. This might be a good game to get him some targets as well.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Or the game that CBF benches him from his fantasy team.
                    I drafted him for my bench, cut him, picked him up again, cut him again..so currently not rostered

Palmer not practicing due to ankle....should I?? lol

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

It’s really about what the Chargers want to do. Do they want to win.

we talk about identity and culture. I just think Derrick Henry brigs that smash mouth feel to the team. And everybody feeds off of that. Ask Mike Vrabel.

We need to hit people.y’all can say what you want Joshua Kelly was every now and then pop that 40 yd run. But he has issues in short yardage that’s why you need Derick Henry.

im bringing out all my ideas. The Giants got Pugh to come out of retirement. Call Alex Mack and see what he’s doing come help us with a playoff run. Like Eric Weddle.

be our center anchor our offensive line.

As for the game. It’s gonna be kind of Hard to throw on the guys. Jaylon Johnson is a little below elite as a corner.

Eddie Jackson is one of the best safeties in the league. They feel like they haven’t gotten their return for Tremain Edmonds.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                        ... Dalton Kincaid best case scenario looks like Travis Kelce worst case scenario looks like Jason Witten. One thing is for sure. This guy looks like a hall of fame candidate. Precise route running for a tight end. And great hands.
                        I'm not hating on him but he's averaged 30 yards a game and has zero TDs. HOF candidate? cmon now ... wait for him to do something.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

I'm not hating on him but he's averaged 30 yards a game and has zero TDs. HOF candidate? cmon now ... wait for him to do something.
                          HOF was extreme but he had his first good game last week 8 for 75 Now Dawson Knox is injured. I think the 2nd half of the season he will flash. He is showing enough this year to see he will be good, And Allen trusts him, a big difference than what we see with our rookie

Comment

Working...
                          X