Bears at Chargers (-9) Pregame Discussion (Wk 8)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I would take this with a very dubious grain of salt. I've never seen this reported before, and often these things are just somebody's speculation on this board with no factual backing that starts to get repeated as some sort of truth.
    This organization is very tight-lipped about certain things... injuries, draft strategy, and in-house squabbles. We heard about Tillery and JCJ being mal-contents... and they were gone the next day.

So... should I believe that someone leaked information that made the owner's son look bad...? Dubious grain of salt, indeed!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Thats the thing. I’m all for running the ball if you can, but they’ve proven they can’t run the ball effectively but still keep pounding their head against the wall every set of early downs trying to run it, which forces them into 3rd and long nearly every series, which leads to pressures and sacks.

Popper just posted some eye popping stats on how bad the offense has been the last 4 games. Their rushing success rate is only 30%, which means 70% of their runs put them behind in down & distance.

The pressure rate is up around 40% an increase of 8% without Linsley. But I think that’s largely because the running game has been so ineffective the last 3 games yet they predictably run every 1st down.

They SHOULD use the short passing game and play action game more on 1st down so you’re in 2nd and 5 and not 2nd and 10. Any run on 1st down with this line is guaranteed to lead to 2nd and long. Then most of the time Kellen Moore runs it again for no gain again on 2nd and long lol
      It is all Herbert.

Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
        So... should I believe that someone leaked information that made the owner's son look bad...? Dubious grain of salt, indeed!
        Leaked? What was leaked, to whom and by whom? As far as I know that piece of "information" was dreamed up by a poster on this board who pulled it out of his a**. Has this ever been reported by a member of the sports media? If so, I haven't seen it.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Leaked? What was leaked, to whom and by whom? As far as I know that piece of "information" was dreamed up by a poster on this board who pulled it out of his a**. Has this ever been reported by a member of the sports media? If so, I haven't seen it.
          Uhhhhh... we're on the same page, brother. I highly doubt that it was leaked.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Thats the thing. I’m all for running the ball if you can, but they’ve proven they can’t run the ball effectively but still keep pounding their head against the wall every set of early downs trying to run it, which forces them into 3rd and long nearly every series, which leads to pressures and sacks.

Popper just posted some eye popping stats on how bad the offense has been the last 4 games. Their rushing success rate is only 30%, which means 70% of their runs put them behind in down & distance.

The pressure rate is up around 40% an increase of 8% without Linsley. But I think that’s largely because the running game has been so ineffective the last 3 games yet they predictably run every 1st down.

They SHOULD use the short passing game and play action game more on 1st down so you’re in 2nd and 5 and not 2nd and 10. Any run on 1st down with this line is guaranteed to lead to 2nd and long. Then most of the time Kellen Moore runs it again for no gain again on 2nd and long lol
            The Bears are good at run defense, and poor at pass defense.
            What is your prediction ?
            Will the Chargers try to run the ball, and will they be successful ?
            Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Uhhhhh... we're on the same page, brother. I highly doubt that it was leaked.
              Gotcha. I wasn't sure.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The Bears are also going to try to run the ball successfully. If the bolts can stop the run they should have a good chance at winning the game.

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2021
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

If that is true then John is as we all expected the true root cause of how weak and pathetic our team has looked,because he himself is weak and pathetic.
                  John also scouted Stick. Went on and on about it during one on the preseason games. Tells you all you need to know.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

I see a 31-13 win for the Chargers.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

DJ Moore licking his chops

Comment

• Berserker76
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

My prediction is 27 - 24, Bears. Not saying this is what I want, just that we lose another squeaker.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2023
                          • Send PM

I'll be damned if I start wishing for losses. I've got better things to do with my time.
                          If I thought moving up 10 spaces in the draft would help... I'd come over to the dark side.
                          We have a QB. We have pass rushers. We have a LT. That's what you draft in the top-10.

There are good players in the back-half of a draft.
                          If it is the coach you want fired... look at recent history.
                          There is a very good possibility that this ownership will only swing-and-miss again.
                          True, why ever swing a bat?

Comment

Working...
                          X