Chargers at Jets MNF Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
    Also wanted to add:

It awesome to see the team win without Herb playing super hero.
    Yes and in contrast to the Rivers era, we have never been able to say this since Tomlinson left.
    every game depended on Rivers playing above average to great.
    Staley has his flaws and he needs to be better, but he's building a team that doesn't depend on Herbo playing elite.
    Sign me up unless there's a tangible and obvious upgrade.
    2024: Far From Over

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      You specifically wrote this:
      “We did not manage 20 points on offense.”

But the offense did score a TD on that short drive and did get 20 points. Saying that they really didn’t by throwing a bunch of caveat is just silly. I just proved you wrong.
      We didn't. The defense was responsible for the TD from the 2 yard line. If your offense cannot score a TD with a 1st and goal from the 2 then they have failed.
      The offense scored 20 points, but was only responsible for 13. Thus they did not manage 20 points on offense. I told the truth.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
          We didn't. The defense was responsible for the TD from the 2 yard line. If your offense cannot score a TD with a 1st and goal from the 2 then they have failed.
          The offense scored 20 points, but was only responsible for 13. Thus they did not manage 20 points on offense. I told the truth.
          An offensive player scored the TD on that play. The offense scored 20 points. That is the truth.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

This is the last time I’ll say this. No matter how much you want to twist things around, the offense did score 20 points. You did not tell the truth just because it didn’t meet your ridiculous requirement. Objectively, the offense scored the 20 points including a TD from the two yard line.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Tbe offense is a big problem. Let’s see what the attitude is next Sunday at tbis time after Campbell gets hold of this Telesco product for 60 minutes. If they win that one then I might consider temporarily moving the Uhauls off Telesco and Staleys lawns.
              We match up well with Detroit.
              Chargers are due to finally hit on big plays, as the Ravens did.
              Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                An offensive player scored the TD on that play. The offense scored 20 points. That is the truth.
                No, he’s saying it’s the truth because the word “manage” is in his original sentence. Therefore, it didn’t actually happen because of that caveat.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Yes they did. But the responsible party was the defense not the offense.

On a day where we should be hailing the D for their performance while the O had their worst day in recent memory, why are you giving
                  props to the offense?

The offense fumbled the ball 3 times. Herbert was nearly intercepted twice, plus 2-3 batted balls. Not to mention 4 or 5 dropped balls,
                  no running game to speak of, together with 136 yards passing. Worse performance by Herbert since he came into the league.
                  Yes we were playing the best D in the NFL, but come on now.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We match up well with Detroit.
                    Chargers are due to finally hit on big plays, as the Ravens did.
                    Hopefully 🤞

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

The more I make this comparison, the more it seems accurate: Tuli = Terrell Suggs.

He lacks elite traits (speed, size, strength) but manages to get the job done the way elite-skilled players do.

He is an effing FOOTBALL PLAYER.
                      i would disagree on strength: he sends guards backwards.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

No, he’s saying it’s the truth because the word “manage” is in his original sentence. Therefore, it didn’t actually happen because of that caveat.
                        Never said it didn't happen. The responsible party for that particular TD was due to the defense not the offense.

Now put on you thinking hat. Suppose instead of the interception the Jets punt. That would put the ball at around our 25
                        yard line. Based on what you saw (assuming you were paying attention), you believe we drive 75 yards and score a TD? I don't.

It's pretty simple really the defense and special teams won that game for us. The W goes down for the Chargers, ultimately that's
                        what counts.

Pray that the offense shows up against the Lions, because they certainly cannot perform the same way and expect to win.

Comment

• LA_BOLT
                          GO BOLTS!!!
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'm thinking we'll keep hearing lame comments like this UNTIL the Bolts PROVE they can also beat good teams on a consistent basis...
                          That's a pretty simple conclusion to arrive at - not really sure why some Chargers fans keep acting like this team has done anything to be considered a top NFL contender. They're a middle of the pack team, that might not even make the playoffs; let's give them a chance to prove themselves, because they haven't yet.

I don't like it when the media or other teams' fans bash the Chargers, but it's not bashing when it's true.
                          Chargers logo:

Comment

Working...
                          X