Chargers at Jets MNF Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SAY OW 55
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

Honestly we faced the toughest defense we will face this game. And we won that. That’s defense you will see in the playoffs. Very good measuring stick. Showed me a lot. That’s playoff football.

this game big measuring stick. Detroit doesn’t have the defense the jets have.

but this game can get ugly. I see one glaring matchup that concerns me. Pipckins vs. Hutchinson. Do you bring in a Chip????

that’s an issue. That’s where the game will be won. More quick throws to Eckler. He’s gotta catch those.

Now as for our defense this will be the best offensive line we see all season. This is a huge test. This can win us the game. TUTU this Oregon USC all over again. Tutu vs Penei Sewell. He’s a great right tackle. Give him a lot of Joey Bosa. Based on my scouting report Max Crosby was able to get home. Jared Goff is not mobile in the pocket. Not as fast as Zach Wilson.

Gibbs will be tough but we held our own against Hall.

gotta watch Jameson Williams. Unlike Wilson this guy Goff will take shots.

they also have a dynamic tight end probably a guy we should’ve drafted. Laporta Sam Laporta is a beast. Another Kittle.

We will see how good our guys against these guys if we can get home.

Khalil Mack on the other side will be huge against Taylor Decker.

this will be a Sofi shootout lots of scoring. Chargers 38- Lions 34. Probably who has the ball last. Like the Dolphins Chargers week 1.

They have terrible DBs no Sauce Gardener. We gotta be ready for thier blitz. Aaron Glen likes to do that.

remember this is a team who got thier ass kicked by the Ravens. Herbert is gonna have to air it out.

im looking for Keenan Allen to have a huge game.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
      Honestly we faced the toughest defense we will face this game. And we won that. That’s defense you will see in the playoffs. Very good measuring stick. Showed me a lot. That’s playoff football.

this game big measuring stick. Detroit doesn’t have the defense the jets have.

but this game can get ugly. I see one glaring matchup that concerns me. Pipckins vs. Hutchinson. Do you bring in a Chip????

that’s an issue. That’s where the game will be won. More quick throws to Eckler. He’s gotta catch those.

Now as for our defense this will be the best offensive line we see all season. This is a huge test. This can win us the game. TUTU this Oregon USC all over again. Tutu vs Penei Sewell. He’s a great right tackle. Give him a lot of Joey Bosa. Based on my scouting report Max Crosby was able to get home. Jared Goff is not mobile in the pocket. Not as fast as Zach Wilson.

Gibbs will be tough but we held our own against Hall.

gotta watch Jameson Williams. Unlike Wilson this guy Goff will take shots.

they also have a dynamic tight end probably a guy we should’ve drafted. Laporta Sam Laporta is a beast. Another Kittle.

We will see how good our guys against these guys if we can get home.

Khalil Mack on the other side will be huge against Taylor Decker.

this will be a Sofi shootout lots of scoring. Chargers 38- Lions 34. Probably who has the ball last. Like the Dolphins Chargers week 1.

They have terrible DBs no Sauce Gardener. We gotta be ready for thier blitz. Aaron Glen likes to do that.

remember this is a team who got thier ass kicked by the Ravens. Herbert is gonna have to air it out.

im looking for Keenan Allen to have a huge game.
      Yep...Pip may have signed a decent extension, but I'm still not sold on him...I think we need to draft OT early...

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
        Chargers Hall of Fame
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
        This is a video of two Jets fans watching the (first half of) yesterday's game, and commenting.

It's pretty funny how exasperated they are. If you watch this, you will laugh.

(41) Angry Jets Fans React to Pitiful Offensive Performance (Part 1) | Chargers @ Jets 11/6/23 Week 9 - YouTube
        This is me watching most Charger games.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
          I see one glaring matchup that concerns me. Pipckins vs. Hutchinson. Do you bring in a Chip????
          Who is this 'Chip Pipckins' of which you speak?

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

he's sure stepped up this year, agree. when he tackles, the ball carrier knows it. he's making good reads and moving with power and precision now.
            Could this be the "Kendricks" effect? A solid vet in his ear since camp, coaching his talent up on the finer points? Signing a vet like this can have some nice consequences other than filling his roster spot hole.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...Pip may have signed a decent extension, but I'm still not sold on him...I think we need to draft OT early...
              Not sold on Pipkins and we should strive for better. However, center is IMO the biggest weakness on the line by a long shot. The center of our line looks overmatched against teams with good interior linemen and we struggle badly every time Linsey is out - and who knows if he ever comes back.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Could this be the "Kendricks" effect? A solid vet in his ear since camp, coaching his talent up on the finer points? Signing a vet like this can have some nice consequences other than filling his roster spot hole.
                Quite possibly, indeed. Talk out of camp was how Kendricks was making a big impact on the LB group by getting them to understand their roles and responsibilities and how to execute the scheme and play at a high level. We hear that every year about some x or y and usually it’s just Marshmallow Fluff pie, maybe for once it was true.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not sold on Pipkins and we should strive for better. However, center is IMO the biggest weakness on the line by a long shot. The center of our line looks overmatched against teams with good interior linemen and we struggle badly every time Linsey is out - and who knows if he ever comes back.
                  Yeah, I’m seeing the interior collapse too much too. chip support on the right edge won’t fix that. Jets were getting a lot of pressure from the left side on Monday as well, not to sugarcoat it. They were coming from everywhere.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Quite possibly, indeed. Talk out of camp was how Kendricks was making a big impact on the LB group by getting them to understand their roles and responsibilities and how to execute the scheme and play at a high level. We hear that every year about some x or y and usually it’s just Marshmallow Fluff pie, maybe for once it was true.
                    I think we got the right "Green Dot".
                    Both Kendricks and K9 are meeting ball carriers at the LOS instead of 3 or 4 yards downfield. They're making their reads more quickly... playing quicker. Last year, SJD called out Tranquill on the sidelines.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

A good center solves the interior problem - you can then focus on the weak link at rt.
                      And even then, did anyone watch Terrance Steele against philly? it was brutal.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Yes they did. But the responsible party was the defense not the offense.

On a day where we should be hailing the D for their performance while the O had their worst day in recent memory, why are you giving
                        props to the offense?

The offense fumbled the ball 3 times. Herbert was nearly intercepted twice, plus 2-3 batted balls. Not to mention 4 or 5 dropped balls,
                        no running game to speak of, together with 136 yards passing. Worse performance by Herbert since he came into the league.
                        Yes we were playing the best D in the NFL, but come on now.
                        The defense did its part. The offense did its part. Special Teams did its part. It was a total team beat down of a an above .500 team, a team that was standing in the way of a playoff spot. Second dominating win a row. The Chargers did what good teams do - beat bad teams. Can't you just enjoy it?

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                          This is a video of two Jets fans watching the (first half of) yesterday's game, and commenting.

It's pretty funny how exasperated they are. If you watch this, you will laugh.

(41) Angry Jets Fans React to Pitiful Offensive Performance (Part 1) | Chargers @ Jets 11/6/23 Week 9 - YouTube
                          Very entertaining. WHAT IS GOING ON!!!? HOW THE FVCK DID THAT HAPPEN!!!? These guys sound like a lot of our posters, the refs are biased against their team, only our team fvcks up like that, the coaches don't know that they're doing, they must jerk themselves off at practice, etc, etc, etc. Here is the 2nd part.

The offense got exposed on national TV again. Zach Wilson has seemingly no pocket awareness, too many fumbles, too many self inflicting penalties, and Allen ...

Comment

Working...
                          X