Chargers at Jets MNF Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

You’re disappointed that some of the posters want to give credit to the offense? They can give the credit if they want to. Don’t say something this stupid again.
    You going to call me stupid and then delete my post. Nice moderation there. Who moderates the moderator?

I can be disappointed at my fellow Chargers fan. But calling somebody stupid should not be allowed. Heed your own advice.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

Bengals are a good team but the Texans are feeling their oats. Could be a close game, closer than what we think. I pick the Texans by three. Burrow can be rattled and the thing the Bengals don't want to do is look past this game, disrespect the Texans.
      Texans dnp wed Will Anderson Jr. de & Steven Nelson cb
      Bengals dnp wed Jamar Chase & T Higgins wr’s
      we all know too well that injuries can be game wreckers.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

You going to call me stupid and then delete my post. Nice moderation there. Who moderates the moderator?

I can be disappointed at my fellow Chargers fan. But calling somebody stupid should not be allowed. Heed your own advice.
        I didn’t call you stupid. I said your post was stupid because it was to put it nicely. You can be disappointed all you want but you don’t get to go around telling people that they can’t give credit to the offense. What really irks me is you specifically coming at me after I told you to drop it yesterday. And yet, you still feel the need to tell me I’m wrong even when I’m talking to someone else.

My advice is to step away for a bit if you’re that disappointed with your fellow posters.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Bolt-O commented
          Editing a comment
          i'll back that up. Xenos didn't call anyone stupid... just the comment.
      • Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Actually we are not built that way because we cannot run the ball. Plus our defense has been poor up until recently.
        Did you forget the 27-0 game we lost in the PO last year?
        My point was more about getting a lead so that our pass rush can pin its ears back, pressuring their QB, and cause some turnovers.
        Did you forget we now have Tuli and a healthy Bosa...? Did you forget that we are much better against the run...? The Jags collapse was more about a terrible 2nd-half game plan (prevent defense)... which is exactly the opposite of what I'm suggesting.

BTW... like you, I think we need to block better on offense.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

My point was more about getting a lead so that our pass rush can pin its ears back, pressuring their QB, and cause some turnovers.
          Did you forget we now have Tuli and a healthy Bosa...? Did you forget that we are much better against the run...? The Jags collapse was more about a terrible 2nd-half game plan (prevent defense)... which is exactly the opposite of what I'm suggesting.

I think it's more about Bosa out of his game.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

The 2nd half of that Jags game was a perfect mix of everything going wrong. On defense, losing Davis came in the worst moment.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

BTW... Xenos is right. The offense was smart to not test the Jets defense. I have no problem with a game plan that only gets 136 yards passing... if you are going against a lame offense (which we were) and a devastating defense (which we were). That defense beat the 8-1 Eagles the same way we beat the Jets. A late game turnover by the Eagles gave the Jets the ball on the 8-yard line... and their lone TD of the game. The Bills did the same thing (not as late in the game and only @the 43-yard line). And the Chiefs tried to give the game away... luckily for them the MaHommes interception got negated by a PI.

Do I hope the OL blocks better...? Damn right! Do I think the offense was great...? No! But that's not what people are saying anyways.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

I think it's more about Bosa out of his game.
                Now that we have Tuli, Bosa can come in fresh and do damage.
                Unnoticed by many, Tranquill got abused in that game. I'm glad Kendricks was brought in.
                Now that the distraction (formerly known as JCJ) is gone, the secondary is playing much better.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

BTW... Xenos is right. The offense was smart to not test the Jets defense. I have no problem with a game plan that only gets 136 yards passing... if you are going against a lame offense (which we were) and a devastating defense (which we were). That defense beat the 8-1 Eagles the same way we beat the Jets. A late game turnover by the Eagles gave the Jets the ball on the 8-yard line... and their lone TD of the game. The Bills did the same thing (not as late in the game and only @the 43-yard line). And the Chiefs tried to give the game away... luckily for them the MaHommes interception got negated by a PI.

Do I hope the OL blocks better...? Damn right! Do I think the offense was great...? No! But that's not what people are saying anyways.
                  Yup, it was a credit to the offense for this game specifically.

In terms of future games, I want our offense to use Kelly more rushing wise and have Ekeler be more of a third down receiving threat like Ronnie Harmon was in the old days. Or Sproles.

Not sure how to improve the blocking since Linsley is out, Slater is dealing with injuries, and Pipkin and the IOL are regressing from last year.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Actually some people did say that.

I don't think passing for 136 was the game plan. It was a function of not being able to run effectively, which was the game plan. Forced to throw
                    and it did not work effectively.

The offense had one drive that went for a TD, that was 50 yards due to a Jets turnover.
                    The other long offensive drive came in Q3 when we went for 68 yards and scored a FG.
                    The other FG was a function of another short field, we moved the ball 21 yards for that score.

That was it for the offense other than the 2 yard TD run.

As for the way the Bills, Eagles played I don't give a rats ass, that was their problem. Our problem was punting instead of getting 1st downs.
                    That gave the Jets offense plenty of opportunities. Fortunately our defense played lights out.

Oh and by the way nobody mentioned the Bills, Eagles and Chiefs gave up 22, 20, 20 points to the Jets offense. Our D gave up
                    6 and when they finally did get into our red zone, nothing.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Now that we have Tuli, Bosa can come in fresh and do damage.
                      Unnoticed by many, Tranquill got abused in that game. I'm glad Kendricks was brought in.
                      Now that the distraction (formerly known as JCJ) is gone, the secondary is playing much better.
                      I think Tranquil is a decent coverage guy and blitzer. He would have had a place on this team. But I guess that’s Hensley’s role now.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Sure but you can put pressure on the QB without having the lead.

I'm pretty sure I've been giving props to our front seven for several games now, not just the Jets. You can go back and read what
                        I had to say about the Jets game in the pre-game thread.

Comment

Working...
                        X