Chargers at Jets MNF Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
    Takes from last night by a tired old ex San Diegan.

Tuli is a beast and combining him with Mack & JB REALLY makes me happy for the rest of this season.

That catch by Keenan was one of the prettiest catches I have ever seen. His body control and torque to flip over in the air and secure that catch??? That shit is truly God given talent.....there is simply no other explanation.

I am so glad that I had Darius Davis in my cluster and that TT listened.

Speaking of TT.....I will throw a little love where there has been thrown a LOT of shade. Alohi Gilman makes this defense better and last night my impression was that he made them a lot better. He was injured and the D sputtered pretty hard. The kid is playing some great ball. Not bad for a 6th round pick.

That drive at the end of the half to nab 3 points was EPIC versus that defense. It's what we really needed and the O went out and got it. Of course that was after the D ground the Jets into a 3 and out with only 18 seconds or so coming off the clock. THAT was a peek at winning football IMHO.

Lots of folks dogging the O today, but that Jets defense was NO FREAKING JOKE. It was a three phase win as all three phases succeeded ,,,,,,some more that others but it lead to a W.!!!
    ALOHI GILMAN a non Staley guy has become a ball hawk and a fumble forcing machine over the last couple of seasons! unfortunately they won't be extending him as has been the habit of letting go of young home grown guys the last few years, and it's probably because they drafted JT woods in the 3rd round...

another non staley guy who has also been playing really well over the last couple of seasons is Michael Davis and he too will hit FA this upcoming offseason...

Tuli is amazing, he can rush from the inside or turn the corner, and he has better instincts already as a rookie than some of the older guys on the d-line, the youngster is going to be a star for the chargers, definitely a guy that they can build around on defense...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Feelin the Love from Collin...Friends we broke into his top ten...

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

ALOHI GILMAN a non Staley guy has become a ball hawk and a fumble forcing machine over the last couple of seasons! unfortunately they won't be extending him as has been the habit of letting go of young home grown guys the last few years, and it's probably because they drafted JT woods in the 3rd round...

another non staley guy who has also been playing really well over the last couple of seasons is Michael Davis and he too will hit FA this upcoming offseason...

Tuli is amazing, he can rush from the inside or turn the corner, and he has better instincts already as a rookie than some of the older guys on the d-line, the youngster is going to be a star for the chargers, definitely a guy that they can build around on defense...
        Speaking of JT Woods, where on earth is he?

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I can see them keeping Gilman if the price is right. Also remember that Staley signed off on Davis’s three year extension originally in 2021. He’ll probably leave because CB cost a lot more to keep and we have ASJ upcoming contract to think about.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Speaking of JT Woods, where on earth is he?
            Still on the NFI list. Maybe we’ll hear something this week.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Nothing spectacular last night but Kenneth Murray looked really solid to me. When he hit guys they went straight down. Wrapped up and did it with strength

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I can see them keeping Gilman if the price is right. Also remember that Staley signed off on Davis’s three year extension originally in 2021. He’ll probably leave because CB cost a lot more to keep and we have ASJ upcoming contract to think about.
                Alohi is a must and Davis is a near must. Can’t have too many good dbs.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  Nothing spectacular last night but Kenneth Murray looked really solid to me. When he hit guys they went straight down. Wrapped up and did it with strength
                  he's sure stepped up this year, agree. when he tackles, the ball carrier knows it. he's making good reads and moving with power and precision now.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

he's sure stepped up this year, agree. when he tackles, the ball carrier knows it. he's making good reads and moving with power and precision now.
                    Will be very curious to see if we try to/can afford to resign him.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Vanette (lined up at LT) Zion Clapp Salyer Pipkins Slater (TE position)

This is the line on the Ekeler pitch back for a TD that never happened because Fehoko got knocked down.

interesting.
                      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

Beating a NY with a damn good defense in their own turf on a MNF? Offense couldnt get much going but it stepped up at the right time getting some high value first downs.

Very pleased with this team last night.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

I have been posting for a while how impressed I am with Special Teams under Staley. They basically won this game at Jets. Well done. I want this to become the new normal for Chargers. Where special can win you a game or two every year with the return. And also smash 55yd FGs to win a game if needed.

​​​​​
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X