Chargers at Jets MNF Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

The offense was responsible for 13 points. The defense gave the ball to the Chargers offense at the two yard line. Lets not get carried away. We had 136 yards of passing,
    and about 80 yards rushing the football. We punted the ball 8 times. There should have been two interceptions. We fumbles 3 times, one should have been a turn over.
    The offense did not play well at all. The defense and special teams won the game for us.

The defense had three turnovers, 8 sacks and did not allow a Jets TD. That's what won the game for us. The offense needs major improvement especially when it
    comes to the O line blocking. The Jets rushed 3 most of the night and Herbert was still running for his life. Don't care how good the defense is the O line should be
    taking care of business when it's 5 on 3. At least give Herbert some time. Plus the Jets run D is bad, very bad. Giving up about 144 yards per game. We managed
    just over 80 yards. So don't tell me the offense played great and won the game. Open your eyes.
    The 2 yard line is only worth 3 points. nobody said the offense was great, they have said you're overstating how bad they are and ignoring how good the Jets D is. The game plan was perfect and execution on target.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Offense scored 2 TDs. One on a 50 yard drive. The other 2 yards.

So 52 yards total or 26 yards per drive. Are you happy?
      did you want them to gain more yards on those two drives? thats a weird wish. They went to the endzone, i am completely happy with both drives

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

The 2 yard line is only worth 3 points. nobody said the offense was great, they have said you're overstating how bad they are and ignoring how good the Jets D is. The game plan was perfect and execution on target.
        image.png

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

First off I was the first in the pre-game section to claim the Jets D was going to be a problem for us. So take that one off the table.

Second point. First and goal from the two. If the offense can only score 3, that's a big time failure. They got 6, good for them. But I'm
          crediting the TD to the defense who got us to the two in the first place.

I am definitely not overstating how bad they were. All you have to do is look at the stats. Overall total yards 191. Passing what 136
          on 16/30 53% completion rate. Run O 82 yards. Really 1 TD and 1 FG both on a short field. One drive of 68 yards good for a FG.
          They did not turn the ball over. However that is not to say they didn't mess up, they did the Jets just didn't take advantage of the
          mistakes. Not to mention 5 sacks, pressure all game long usually with a 3 man front. Sorry but did we watch the same game?

The game plan was good. The execution was bad. How bad? Very.

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

did you want them to gain more yards on those two drives? thats a weird wish. They went to the endzone, i am completely happy with both drives
            OK that doesn't make sense. I expect them to score from the two. When you start the drive from the 50 yard line I expect some kind of score.
            When you start the drive inside the 50 yard line I expect some kind of score. The point to the post was to show we didn't have to move far
            to get the TDs and 1 FG. I don't get your comment, it is weird.

Now do I want them to gain more yards during the game? Absolutely. Gaining yards gets first downs and keeps their O off the field. We didn't do that.
            Instead we punted 8 times. So thank god our D completely shut them down. Oh and big thanks to our special teams punt return, DD was great.
            The offense not so much.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

First off I was the first in the pre-game section to claim the Jets D was going to be a problem for us. So take that one off the table.
              when during the week did you forget?

Second point. First and goal from the two. If the offense can only score 3, that's a big time failure. They got 6, good for them. But I'm
              crediting the TD to the defense who got us to the two in the first place.​
              we know you are. you're incorrect still.

I am definitely not overstating how bad they were. All you have to do is look at the stats. Overall total yards 191. Passing what 136
              on 16/30 53% completion rate. Run O 82 yards. Really 1 TD and 1 FG both on a short field. One drive of 68 yards good for a FG.
              They did not turn the ball over. However that is not to say they didn't mess up, they did the Jets just didn't take advantage of the
              mistakes. Not to mention 5 sacks, pressure all game long usually with a 3 man front. Sorry but did we watch the same game?

The game plan was good. The execution was bad. How bad? Very.​
              thats, like, your opinion. Their plan was to not take any risks, take what they got, punt often, and win. Moore running it 3 times straight into the A gap with no chance to get a first down at the end of the game perfectly illustrated what they were trying to do. They knew they weren't getting a first down, they didn't care. In contrast - other elite teams took more risks to get marginally but not significantly more yards, but it resulted in many turnovers to the Jets, and 2 of them lost. We won by 21 by just playing it ultra-safe, our coaches were right and their execution of their plan worked perfectly.

its ok that you will never get it. you can keep carping back to us for another week if you really are compelled to - you will still be wrong. Chargers still won by 21, and the Offense still scored 20.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

thats, like, your opinion. Their plan was to not take any risks, take what they got, punt often, and win. Moore running it 3 times straight into the A gap with no chance to get a first down at the end of the game perfectly illustrated what they were trying to do. They knew they weren't getting a first down, they didn't care. In contrast - other elite teams took more risks to get marginally but not significantly more yards, but it resulted in many turnovers to the Jets, and 2 of them lost. We won by 21 by just playing it ultra-safe, our coaches were right and their execution of their plan worked perfectly.

its ok that you will never get it. you can keep carping back to us for another week if you really are compelled to - you will still be wrong. Chargers still won by 21, and the Offense still scored 20.
                1. I did not forget. But apparently you either did not read my posts or forgot.

2. If the plan was to punt often, then it's a bad plan. But of course I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that one. They took risks.
                There were two passes that should have been intercepted. There were 2 fumbles, one of which should have been recovered
                by the Jets. There was also a batted ball that could have been intercepted if the Jet would have looked up. So you're wrong
                on that count as well. They didn't care to get first downs? Are you sure about that? Now it sounds like you're making stuff up.

Chargers won by 21 because of special teams and the defense not the offense. Get a clue.

Dude if you follow me you would know I'm right to the tune of around 90%. Have a nice night.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

They didn't exactly earn the TD. It was more gifted is the point. Our offense didn't have to compete for it.

Why is it so hard to admit the defense gave them that easy opportunity from the 2 yard line?

It's a team game.

Our offense stunk and the defense played very well and gave our offense some opportunities to score points....practically scored a TD for them.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They didn't exactly earn the TD. It was more gifted is the point. Our offense didn't have to compete for it.

Why is it so hard to admit the defense gave them that easy opportunity from the 2 yard line?

It's a team game.

Our offense stunk and the defense played very well and gave our offense some opportunities to score points....practically scored a TD for them.
                    For once !

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Lol....sorry, your take that their plan was to punt often was funny. Even though they did. We punted more than the Jets and they had the ball 9 minutes longer.

I'd guess you are guessing what their game plan was.
                      I'm gonna guess that was not a plan to not take risks. We didn't throw out a all rookie offense out there.
                      Stick didn't play one down.

Let me ask you.....

If the plan next game is to not try and get first downs and punt often....will you be happy no matter if we win or not? Let's say we lose? Happy?

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2023
                        • Send PM

crediting the TD to the defense who got us to the two in the first place.

The game plan was good. The execution was bad. How bad? Very.
                        Where you are wrong is not taking into account the situation: they had an early two score lead on the road against a team with a premier defense and a shitty offense.

If the Jets were up by 14 early, the Charger O would have put up enough yards and turnovers to make you very happy with their losing performance.

The offense did look like crap for most of the game though.
                        With Oline playing like that, they will only beat the bottom dwellers of the NFL.
                        Need to step up.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

1. I did not forget. But apparently you either did not read my posts or forgot.

2. If the plan was to punt often, then it's a bad plan. But of course I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that one. They took risks.
                          There were two passes that should have been intercepted. There were 2 fumbles, one of which should have been recovered
                          by the Jets. There was also a batted ball that could have been intercepted if the Jet would have looked up. So you're wrong
                          on that count as well. They didn't care to get first downs? Are you sure about that? Now it sounds like you're making stuff up.

Chargers won by 21 because of special teams and the defense not the offense. Get a clue.

Dude if you follow me you would know I'm right to the tune of around 90%. Have a nice night.
                          Oh you’ve been posting constantly and I think I’ve read them all.

The plan was to play conservative and not take big risks because they were up quick, and if that meant punt then that was ok. I never said they didn’t want first downs, just that they didn’t want to play risky ball against a very good defense when being conservative and just punting was smarter. do you always make stuff up to then “refute” it?

I’m wrong on what count - that we didn’t turn the ball over? So to sum up your genius - 1) Offensive scores don’t count as scores and 2) incomplete passes count as interceptions.

I never said why they won, and I never said they won BECAUSE of their offense. Again, you make shit up to then refute it? You’re deranged. I said their plan was a good strategic offensive plan against a team with a very good defense and bad offense. They won by 21, so I’m right and you’re wrong.

And I’m the one that needs the clue? Lol … ok bud. You need a therapy session, you’ve been running unglued and hysterical for 3 days now after a 21 point win.

Comment

Working...
                          X