Chargers at Jets MNF Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol....sorry, your take that their plan was to punt often was funny. Even though they did. We punted more than the Jets and they had the ball 9 minutes longer.

I'd guess you are guessing what their game plan was.
    I'm gonna guess that was not a plan to not take risks. We didn't throw out a all rookie offense out there.
    Stick didn't play one down.

Let me ask you.....

If the plan next game is to not try and get first downs and punt often....will you be happy no matter if we win or not? Let's say we lose? Happy?
    Ok, you too? “punt often” was a misstatement, i apologize for the confusion. their plan was to not make mistakes that would give the Jets easy quick points and if that meant punt a lot, they were ok with that. We did punt more and we had the ball less and not one person on the coaching staff or players give one shit about that. Philly lost to them because they made mistakes that gave turnovers. KC barely escaped with a win because they made turnovers. Chargers goal was to get some points, not make mistakes to give the Jets a chance, and beat them by beating their shit offense. That is just what they did, it was glorious but some folks have been bitching about the 21 point blowout win for 3 days running with no signs of slowing down.

If we win this week I will be happy? of course. You won’t be?

Fun times at TPB where …
    Guys hate blowout wins against “so so teams” but they watch the game.
    Guys hate the offense but they watch the games
    Guys hate the defense but they watch the games
    Guys hate the coaching staff but they watch the games
    Guys hate their best players but they watch the games
    Guys hate wins that aren’t win enough
    Guys think they will definitely lose but they watch the game
    … on and on … its awesome

yeah, I’m the one that needs reorientation. Lol.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Where you are wrong is not taking into account the situation: they had an early two score lead on the road against a team with a premier defense and a shitty offense.

If the Jets were up by 14 early, the Charger O would have put up enough yards and turnovers to make you very happy with their losing performance.

The offense did look like crap for most of the game though.
      With Oline playing like that, they will only beat the bottom dwellers of the NFL.
      Need to step up.
      That does not excuse the bad performance the offense had. You should have stuck to the Jets have the best D in the NFL. Because remember we
      had a 27 point lead and lost the game to a team that looked like a disaster in the first half. So no I don't buy it. Your third paragraph is the only truth
      in your post. Don't know about your second paragraph and I never said I would be happy with a loss. Your stretching it buddy.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

That does not excuse the bad performance the offense had. You should have stuck to the Jets have the best D in the NFL. Because remember we
        had a 27 point lead and lost the game to a team that looked like a disaster in the first half. So no I don't buy it. Your third paragraph is the only truth
        in your post. Don't know about your second paragraph and I never said I would be happy with a loss. Your stretching it buddy.
        A bad offensive performance includes 2 - 3 turnovers: were you this hard on the defense a few games ago?

If so, not certain where you wish to go with this conversation.

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Oh you’ve been posting constantly and I think I’ve read them all.

The plan was to play conservative and not take big risks because they were up quick, and if that meant punt then that was ok. I never said they didn’t want first downs, just that they didn’t want to play risky ball against a very good defense when being conservative and just punting was smarter. do you always make stuff up to then “refute” it?

I’m wrong on what count - that we didn’t turn the ball over? So to sum up your genius - 1) Offensive scores don’t count as scores and 2) incomplete passes count as interceptions.

I never said why they won, and I never said they won BECAUSE of their offense. Again, you make shit up to then refute it? You’re deranged. I said their plan was a good strategic offensive plan against a team with a very good defense and bad offense. They won by 21, so I’m right and you’re wrong.

And I’m the one that needs the clue? Lol … ok bud. You need a therapy session, you’ve been running unglued and hysterical for 3 days now after a 21 point win.
          You don't punt because you want to, you punt because you did not get the first down. Your are the one who said they did not care for first downs and I'm the one that is deranged?
          But they did play risky if throwing the football is risky, they threw on 3rd down a lot and did not make it. They were conservative in that most of the passes were short.

When did I say we turned the ball over? Now you're making stuff up. I said there were two fumbles one of which should have been recovered by the Jets. There were
          two passes that should have been intercepted. Another one was batted in the air and the guy just didn't see the ball. All of those plays could have resulted in turnovers.
          Thank god they were not. But so much for conservative play.

I said the plan was very good. The execution was bad. Do you have a comprehension problem?

The two yard TD run was set up by the defense. The question is why don't you acknowledge that the defense did the heavy lifting?

You indeed did not say they won because of the offense. But you keep denying that the offense was terrible. I showed you why but
          you keep on with your rants.

Truth is the defense and special teams won the game for us. The offense played like shit, minus a handful of memorable plays. I am
          very happy we won the game. Am I happy the offense played like shit? No. You shouldn't be either. Why? The Lions have a good
          not great defense, the Ravens have a great defense, the Chiefs have a great defense. We have to play all three of those those teams.
          Plus GB @ GB. We are on the cusp of turning the season around. But if the offense doesn't wake up we're not going to make the POs.

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

A bad offensive performance includes 2 - 3 turnovers: were you this hard on the defense a few games ago?

If so, not certain where you wish to go with this conversation.
            Sorry but bad O line blocking for passing and running is bad.
            191 yards of total offense is bad.
            5 QB sacks is bad.
            16/30 pass completion is bad.
            136 total yards passing is bad.
            Punting 8 times is bad.

Yes I was this bad on the defense. I speak the truth. You guys can't handle it.

Where do I want it to go? You can stop defending the offense when they are offensive, alternatively don't reply
            to me if you find me offensive. Or we can both agree to disagree and put it to bed.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Ok, you too? “punt often” was a misstatement, i apologize for the confusion. their plan was to not make mistakes that would give the Jets easy quick points and if that meant punt a lot, they were ok with that. We did punt more and we had the ball less and not one person on the coaching staff or players give one shit about that. Philly lost to them because they made mistakes that gave turnovers. KC barely escaped with a win because they made turnovers. Chargers goal was to get some points, not make mistakes to give the Jets a chance, and beat them by beating their shit offense. That is just what they did, it was glorious but some folks have been bitching about the 21 point blowout win for 3 days running with no signs of slowing down.

Fun times at TPB where …

Well for the record, I only responded about it because a couple guys said the offense played great,. ...and they didn't. They just didn't.

I'm very happy with the win and happy the way the defense played regardless that we faced Zach Wilson.
              We also held Breece Hall down who was having a pretty good season running the ball and forcing Wilson to beat us and of course he failed badly.

Would be nice if the OL stepped up their game.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Fun times at TPB where …

You are finally starting to understand football fans! 😁

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

You don't punt because you want to, you punt because you did not get the first down. Your are the one who said they did not care for first downs and I'm the one that is deranged?
                  But they did play risky if throwing the football is risky, they threw on 3rd down a lot and did not make it. They were conservative in that most of the passes were short.

When did I say we turned the ball over? Now you're making stuff up. I said there were two fumbles one of which should have been recovered by the Jets. There were
                  two passes that should have been intercepted. Another one was batted in the air and the guy just didn't see the ball. All of those plays could have resulted in turnovers.
                  Thank god they were not. But so much for conservative play.

I said the plan was very good. The execution was bad. Do you have a comprehension problem?

The two yard TD run was set up by the defense. The question is why don't you acknowledge that the defense did the heavy lifting?

You indeed did not say they won because of the offense. But you keep denying that the offense was terrible. I showed you why but
                  you keep on with your rants.

Truth is the defense and special teams won the game for us. The offense played like shit, minus a handful of memorable plays. I am
                  very happy we won the game. Am I happy the offense played like shit? No. You shouldn't be either. Why? The Lions have a good
                  not great defense, the Ravens have a great defense, the Chiefs have a great defense. We have to play all three of those those teams.
                  Plus GB @ GB. We are on the cusp of turning the season around. But if the offense doesn't wake up we're not going to make the POs.

Well i can’t venture to diagnose you are clinically deranged, I’m not qualified and wouldn’t know. but I think it’s crazy to still be ranting now 4 days later about the inadequacy of a 21 point blowout win.

I never said the Offense played perfectly, or great or even good. I simply said their strategy was effective and worked. I don’t think generating high offensive numbers was their objective. They played more conservative, even if that meant they would get less first downs and less yards and less of everything you crave to be satisfied, in order to avoid turnovers. I don’t have their strategy session notes and plans, it’s what I think happened based on what we all watched.

You keep carping on maybe this, coulda that, “should have” all of these turnovers, but the fact is they had none. Philly, KC, etc - they all did. the Jets were 4-3 coming into the game, a winning team, in large part due to these turnovers and that defense. No football play is completely risk free, nobody said the Chargers could eliminate all risk completely. another straw man to attack what many of us think was their plan. You’re overstating it to then argue I’m wrong. I guess you can but you’re missing my point.

I posted that the defense played great. Right after the game - I asked who’s giving Staley a game ball as he’s blamed every time the defense played poorly, I figured surely the same critics would recognize how well he got that defense to play and reward him for the best defensive performance of the year. Of course, none of his critics did, but thats ok. It was an aspirational post, i didn’t expect it.

we know you’re not happy about the offense, we get your point. The Chargers are 8th in points scored, there is no perfect team, we are not yet hitting the panic button. The one thing we probably share concern and want to see improvement is the OL performance. Of course we want to see more offensive execution in future games.

We will see if the Lions are actually a good defensive team or if their 21st most difficult schedule has padded their stats. I like that you can see we’re turning the season around and can make the playoffs - love that optimism! There’s no need for us to argue

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well for the record, I only responded about it because a couple guys said the offense played great,. ...and they didn't. They just didn't.

I'm very happy with the win and happy the way the defense played regardless that we faced Zach Wilson.
                    We also held Breece Hall down who was having a pretty good season running the ball and forcing Wilson to beat us and of course he failed badly.

Would be nice if the OL stepped up their game.
                    It’s all cool, jolt. Love ya bro. you can call me out when i post stupid shit, I make mistakes too. I didn’t think / never said the offense played great, i’m just not worried about it. I do think their plan was to minimize risk, not worry about production etc - but its just my guess, wtf do i know.

100% Agree the one group I want to see play better is OL. All things will be better if they do. But not because of the one Jets game but because of what we’ve seen for many weeks.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

100% Agree the one group I want to see play better is OL. All things will be better if they do. But not because of the one Jets game but because of what we’ve seen for many weeks.
                      They haven't played well since Linsley hasn't been out there. Considering that both of the Guards are young players, we should have expected a drop-off without the veteran at Canter. By the way, I don't agree with all the guys that think Clapp is terrible. He's a backup being forced to fill in for a pro-bowl player. Cut him some slack, he's improving.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        They haven't played well since Linsley hasn't been out there. Considering that both of the Guards are young players, we should have expected a drop-off without the veteran at Canter. By the way, I don't agree with all the guys that think Clapp is terrible. He's a backup being forced to fill in for a pro-bowl player. Cut him some slack, he's improving.
                        since both guards are young, we should be hoping to see them improve as they log more games. Clapp is avg, he just can't replace a pro bowler as you note. agree.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

since both guards are young, we should be hoping to see them improve as they log more games. Clapp is avg, he just can't replace a pro bowler as you note. agree.
                          Salyer just seems to be having a rough time converting to RG and having Pipkins next to him isnt helping. I guess Pip didnt attend Dukes program last offseason as he doesnt look any better this season and as far as i know, he isnt injured like he was last season.

Comment

Working...
                          X