Chargers at Jets MNF Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Salyer just seems to be having a rough time converting to RG and having Pipkins next to him isnt helping. I guess Pip didnt attend Dukes program last offseason as he doesnt look any better this season and as far as i know, he isnt injured like he was last season.
    He missed on switching on some pretty simple stunts vs Jets last week, its not come automatically to him. I still believe he can play, but hope to see that interior continually improving between now and January. We can win at the level they are at but other things can't go wrong much and it would be nice to be stronger. Zion also has not overwhelmed and its year 2 for him. No OL player wins 100% of reps but he seems to get overpowered too often.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Sorry but bad O line blocking for passing and running is bad.
      191 yards of total offense is bad.
      5 QB sacks is bad.
      16/30 pass completion is bad.
      136 total yards passing is bad.
      Punting 8 times is bad.

Yes I was this bad on the defense. I speak the truth. You guys can't handle it.

Where do I want it to go? You can stop defending the offense when they are offensive, alternatively don't reply
      to me if you find me offensive. Or we can both agree to disagree and put it to bed.
      I'm not defending the offense - frankly, it really doesn't matter one way or the other.

What irritates me is people bouncing one way, and then another: each week they slam a different unit.
      Two weeks ago with you it was the defense, the last two weeks it is the offense.
      Which will you attack after the Detroit game? Hopefully both, that will mean a victory.

And also the self deification of your opinions as 'truth' bombs is more than a bit irritating.
      Every time you say you speak the truth, it sounds like you are the reincarnation of PackerNation (who also spoke tough truths to this board back in June)
      Offensive, no; I'd place the sensation somewhere between wincing and laughing.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2023
        • Send PM

The offensive line needs time to gel: they'll do better even with the uninspiring Clapp at center.

Every player has a new guy next to them on the Oline: the collective NFL experience of everyone at their position is abysmal by NFL standards:

Slater: <2
        Clapp: <1
        Salyer: <1
        Johnson: <1
        Pip: <2

Get a new center and keep everyone in position next year.

Comment

Working...
        X