Ravens at Chargers (+3.5) Pregame Discussion (Wk 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I agree...we have little chance with our defense unless Lamar is very limited. However.....crazy things can happen and perhaps Staley calls a good game. Odds are he wont be he does here and there.

Our OL hasnt played well either so i have little hope for this game....but you never know week to week.
    I know this game sets up as a Ravens blowout.
    Are Edge depth behind Mack and Tuli are guys they were on practice squads. Our CB depth is ASJ as our best CB and he is better suited to be a #3CB on a good team. Ravens WR on paper vs Chargers CBs looks like mismatch for them.

Yet the odds makers are probably looking at how Chargers have been in every game they lost. 5 by 1 score. The home team usually gets 3pt for that. So 3.5. Is basically a TD better for Ravens minus home for Chargers.

That it. They think Ravens are a TD better. And for me I agree with that. As Chargers numbers say they are 1 drive forced into a punt away from being a top 10 unit. Stop that 1 drive and they will hold opponent to 19 or 20 pts pts or less per game allowed which is good for top 10 unit. Right now they allow 23.8 per game. I think the roster is a bit depleted. But there are no excuses in the NFL. Bottom line business.

Ravens having a sloppy game and Chargers have a clean game on Sunday to barley escape with win works for me.
    Like Ravens WR butterfinger the ball. And lucky bounce goes Chargers way. It's all about the W.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Brutal. Both Florio and Simms think it's absurd the Ravens are favored by ONLY 3.5 points. "WTF, who would pick the Chargers, they are a hot mess!?!" They wonder if the oddsmakers know something about Lamar's ankle that we don't. "The Chargers' shitty ass defense has no effing chance against this offense."

Ravens defense is their greatest strength in this game. Their pass D is NYJ level. Very good The Bal offense is primarily ground, NFL #1 and attacks LAC D's strength.Bal pass O is below avg. It depends on Herbert to win this.
      Last edited by sonorajim; 11-23-2023, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I know this game sets up as a Ravens blowout.
        Are Edge depth behind Mack and Tuli are guys they were on practice squads. Our CB depth is ASJ as our best CB and he is better suited to be a #3CB on a good team. Ravens WR on paper vs Chargers CBs looks like mismatch for them.

Yet the odds makers are probably looking at how Chargers have been in every game they lost. 5 by 1 score. The home team usually gets 3pt for that. So 3.5. Is basically a TD better for Ravens minus home for Chargers.

That it. They think Ravens are a TD better. And for me I agree with that. As Chargers numbers say they are 1 drive forced into a punt away from being a top 10 unit. Stop that 1 drive and they will hold opponent to 19 or 20 pts pts or less per game allowed which is good for top 10 unit. Right now they allow 23.8 per game. I think the roster is a bit depleted. But there are no excuses in the NFL. Bottom line business.

Ravens having a sloppy game and Chargers have a clean game on Sunday to barley escape with win works for me.
        Like Ravens WR butterfinger the ball. And lucky bounce goes Chargers way. It's all about the W.
        To me the game breaks down this way.

Herbert and the offense plays well and scores points.

The defense lets the Ravens score more points than the Chargers’ offense.

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

The Chargers can try and may be in the game until the 4th quarter. That’s when the Chargers low morale factor will have them acquiesce and go quietly to yet another loss. ASJ will have his usual PI on a deep ball that’s over the receiver’s head. Staley will once again assign him covering the wideout, for god only knows why.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

To me the game breaks down this way.

Herbert and the offense plays well and scores points.

The defense lets the Ravens score more points than the Chargers’ offense.
            Sounds like Ravens 33, Chargers 27...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

My contention is the Chargers have the talent to make this a 10-win season but Staley is standing in their way of doing it.
              I have joined your campaign and apologize to the fine citizens of Flipville for my tardiness. The sooner the better as it must occur. Run Ficken out as interim to finish out the year, at least players won’t have to hear their HC go to the podium every Sunday and say they just didn’t execute his brilliance again.

What they should also do but won’t is run TT out with him so they can get a head start on a new GM search and be ready for HC resumes before the season is even over.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

My contention is the Chargers have the talent to make this a 10-win season but Staley is standing in their way of doing it.
                Well they have 5 one score losses. So that is 5 plays away from 9-1 record. It makes sense to ask why can't they make those key plays. You certainly could point to the HC. But, I think the players need to step up, catch, block, tackle, intercept, break up the play is right in front of them. Drops and whiffs don't help win games, they only help the opponent win them.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Well they have 5 one score losses. So that is 5 plays away from 9-1 record. It makes sense to ask why can't they make those key plays. You certainly could point to the HC. But, I think the players need to step up, catch, block, tackle, intercept, break up the play is right in front of them. Drops and whiffs don't help win games, they only help the opponent win them.
                  Half their wins are by one score, so they could just as easily be 2-8. My point is that the Chargers could still make the playoffs if they can get Staley out of the way. Hopefully the Spanoses figure that out.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Half their wins are by one score, so they could just as easily be 2-8. My point is that the Chargers could still make the playoffs if they can get Staley out of the way. Hopefully the Spanoses figure that out.
                    They aren’t firing Staley.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Run Ficken out as interim to finish…at least players won’t have to hear their HC go to the podium every Sunday and say they just didn’t execute his brilliance again.
                      This is the truth!

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Or catch the ball. Make a tackle and not make a dumb penalty. I don't see a coaching change helping someone catch or tackle or not be dumb. That why cutting Tillery and JCJ was the best choice. Get the dumb off the field. QJ drop it. But with better health. That was supposed to be Mike Williams catching that ball. Players have to step up too. Even for the Staley replacement.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I have joined your campaign and apologize to the fine citizens of Flipville for my tardiness. The sooner the better as it must occur. Run Ficken out as interim to finish out the year, at least players won’t have to hear their HC go to the podium every Sunday and say they just didn’t execute his brilliance again.

What they should also do but won’t is run TT out with him so they can get a head start on a new GM search and be ready for HC resumes before the season is even over.
                          Ficken deserves a shot.
                          2024: Far From Over

Comment

Working...
                          X