• Show
Clear All
  • BlazingBolt
    SLAM DUNK!
    • Jun 2013
    • East County San Diego
    • Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

It has to do with being cut for sucking, not being cut for being injured.

The money is guaranteed even if he is injured, it just has to do with who pays that money if he is playing on another team.

I have heard this repeatedly discussed by NFL insiders, injury is never mentioned as the issue nor is guaranteed money.
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

This has nothing to do with injuries. This is a power struggle between CAA and the Chargers and it's been going back for a long time.

"I wish we pulled an Eli Manning." Where in the world do you think Bosa's mom got that from? CAA is pulling all the strings here.

Comment

• Faded blues
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2013
        • Send PM

Ttk

I think Dean is the one that has to end this impasse. It's time for him to show leadership and get bosa into camp.
        We are passed who is right and wrong.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Dean is a pussy and needs to sell the team.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

This is the young Spanos regime now.
            The future looks so bright.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
              Ttk

I think Dean is the one that has to end this impasse. It's time for him to show leadership and get bosa into camp.
              I don't like how both sides are handling it. The Chargers for not offering a higher percentage payout than the players picked below Bosa and CAA for not budging off 100%, after the Chargers bumped up their initial offer. The Chargers are lowballing and CAA is refusing to negotiate.

My issue is that IMO, CAA seems to be making this personal, rather than just business.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                I don't like how both sides are handling it. The Chargers for not offering a higher percentage payout than the players picked below Bosa and CAA for not budging off 100%, after the Chargers bumped up their initial offer. The Chargers are lowballing and CAA is refusing to negotiate.

My issue is that IMO, CAA seems to be making this personal, rather than just business.
                It must be CAA and not the Spanoses. It's been CAA that has got into these types of contract disputes with Chargers players almost every year since the early 1980s. Goddamn CAA - trying to get their client the same bonus deal everybody else at Bosa's position gets. I'm glad the Spanoses, human beings with no history of getting into contract disputes that have cost our team, aren't taking this personally like CAA, a massive firm of entertainment agents, is.

Last edited by Guest; 08-16-2016, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by B.V.W.S.B.GM View Post
                  It must be CAA and not the Spanoses. It's been CAA that has got into these types of contract disputes with Chargers players almost every year since the early 1980s. Goddamn CAA - trying to get their client the same bonus deal everybody else at Bosa's position gets. I'm glad the Spanoses, human beings with no history of getting into contract disputes that have cost our team, aren't taking this personally like CAA, a massive firm of entertainment agents, is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Artists_Agency
                  I get it. You hate the Spanos family. You've been spouting that for a long, long time now. I'm no huge fans of them either but I try to stay objective for each circumstance.

I haven't seen anything from the Chargers slamming Bosa, his family, or CAA.

However, I've already seen a bunch of dirty laundry being aired in the media by the other side:

"Wish we pulled an Eli Manning on draft day."

"Bosa feels there is irreparable damage that has been done with the relationship between the team and him."

"Bosa feels like he has been disrespected in this whole process and forced to take what the Chargers offered."

Cheryl Bosa retweeting posts slamming the Chargers.

Maybe CAA is letting them fly off the handle and say whatever they want in public but I don't see it. They're being fed this "disrespect" angle from somewhere.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                    Ttk

He he, he. He said leadership.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                      • Send PM

I get it. You hate the Spanos family. You've been spouting that for a long, long time now. I'm no huge fans of them either but I try to stay objective for each circumstance.

However, I've already seen a bunch of dirty laundry being aired in the media by the other side:

"Bosa feels there is irreparable damage that has been done with the relationship between the team and him."

"Bosa feels like he has been disrespected in this whole process and forced to take what the Chargers offered."

Maybe CAA is letting them fly off the handle and say whatever they want in public but I don't see it. They're being fed this "disrespect" angle from somewhere.
                      And I was beginning to think I was the only one who saw this. I'm not a Spanos fan and I don't have $1.5 Billion to do anything about it either. The kid has no leverage, even Cromartie can see that. Sign the deal, quit bitching and start playing football.

Oh and he IS getting MORE Money than the guy below him. He isn't exactly being ripped off.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                        • Send PM

I love the the Bosa "irreparable damage" whine. The bolts own him for 4 years with an option for five and after that if our new head coach Philip Rivers likes him we can tag his ass. Get to work or sit out a year and re-enter draft, those are his options.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

The lies that were told in the Union Tribune about Bosa holding out over offset language and wanting something nobody else got - who do you think fed that bullshit to the press?

Yes. I don't like Spanos. It isn't for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                          X